Ratings for Dr. Stephen J. Parazin

Wish he never operated on me. He ended up causing major trauma to my nerves and boasted of his great work. Arrogant and a man with no compassion or care for his patients.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2016

I had disk surgery early March with Dr. Parazin. I was an out o county patient and Dr Parazin was wonder to my along with my family member that travelled to Boston. Thank you Dr. P and your staff for taking such good care of me.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2016

I have had 2 back surgeries with Dr. Parazin, takes his time with you and has an excellent bedside manner, he did a great job on me

flag | Submitted January 8, 2016

Plain and simple he's one of the greats. Who cares about bedside manner? He's a straight shooter and doesn't suffer fools gladly. He knows his business. He has an excellent reputation. Always bring someone with you to listen as one doesn't remember everything he says. Bring a list of questions. Be prepared to hear the truth as he knows it. Ultimately we chose a doctor closer to home to operate due to the ease of travel time. The operation went very well. Were it not for location and confidence in an equally fine doctor we would have chosen him. Most of your great surgeons are on the arrogant side. I believe this comes from total and complete confidence in their abilities. You're not looking for a golf partner. If you want one of the best he's your man. Good for him for helping an 82 yr old regain his power. Good for him to solve a woman's problems and easing her mind about her handicapped husband. More power to him. May he eventually enjoy a long and healthy retirement!

flag | Submitted November 9, 2013

Dr. Parazin "saved my life". I could barely walk when I saw him and the pain was awful. My husband was in a wheelchair and I was very concerned as to who would take care of me AND my husband following surgery. I spoke to 4 different surgeons before choosing Dr. Parazin. I had a double-laminectomy and work on 3 other disks. I was back on my feet in short order and I was able to regain all activities and was pain free. I count my lucky stars that I met Dr. Parazin! He has done surgery on several of my friends,since them. They are all happy with their results.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2013

Very very poor follow up on Patients. I realize he is busy bu,t it is a poor doctor who merely has patients to get his numbers up versus actually caring about their post surgical recovery. Prime example being my mother. She had surgey last Aug 2012 and now she is in serious pain due to poor healing of her back muscles. The only "therapy" she has done was a walk up the street a few weeks after. She is very active, too active and her muscles are cramping now and causing her to have limited range of motion and now her back is numb but, at the same time so painful she doens't want to be touched even by her teeshirt. Dr. Parazin has not seen her since he cut her open and the assistant is not much use because he would have seen the signs of poor healing if he was trained better. It is outrageous that these doctors have such poor contact with their patients and the post surgical healing process. Surgery is not sucessful if the PT cannot function better than pre-surgery!!!!

flag | Submitted May 28, 2013

A superb clinician and doctor . He performed the most meticulous physical and neuro exam which was very impressive having been seen by 4 other neurosurgeons and neurologists who did not . He was very thoughtful and his approach was extremely informative . Even though he is a superb surgeon he recommended a conservative approach first and was always available to explain and discuss many times he has a superb bedside manner . I would not go to anyone else

flag | Submitted October 5, 2012

Dr. Parazin is a top surgeon. He explains things well and has an exceptional success record. That said, I agree that his bedside manner left a lot to be desired. However, I don't think it was that he is pompous as much as I think he is frustrated with the system he has to work within. He wants to do surgery and being told what to do by administrators aggravates him. I'd go to him again because I needed a good surgeon, not a friend. But prepare yourself for a lack of compassion. I don't know if it is possible to cut people open every day and see them suffer afterward without turning off your emotions a bit.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2011

Dr Parazin did a revision surgery on my lumbar spine 2 years ago when I was 82. I was bent over and tilted to the side and in constant pain. I would not have believed this was possible, but I am working out at the gym 3 days a week and am able to walk freely and fast. He has truly given me my life back when other doctors told me I was too old for more surgery. He is smart, caring, and tops in his field.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2011

Dr Parazin has been my spine surgeon for years since he surgically repaired a problem no one else could diagnose.He is a very caring and knowlegeable physician.I've recommended him to many of my friends who also think he is kind, caring and a great surgeon.He is easy to reach, I've recently had a problem which he resolved in a non surgical way.Dr Parazin is always ready to help his patients. I feel fortunate to have him as my doctor.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2011

Dr. Stephen J. Parazin's Credentials

• University Of California, California College Of Medicine (Grad. 1993)

Delta Dental