Ratings for Dr. Steven L. Hartford

He is the best doctor I have ever seen in my life. Answers to all patient's questions. Always does checkups on his own. He is very reputable in his field.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2017

Dr. Hartford is a very good doctor. He is knowledgable and experienced. I have been seeing him for years. However his older nurse Susan is incredibly rude and lazy. She is seemingly very annoyed by most patients and it is clear that she is a very disgruntled employee. She rarely gets things done in a timely manner. If it weren't for her intolerable behavior, I would have continued to see Dr. Hartford.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2015

Dr. Hartford is the BEST! I would highly recommend him! I've been going to see him since I was 17 and I'm 41 now. He delivered both my kids and has always been a top notch doctor.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2014

This doctor always told me that he would be available by phone if I needed to ask him any questions. When I did have a prescription question, his nurse told me that he would not and will not come to the phone. She also told me that I was endangering my life and going to get cancer by taking too much of a prescription that, in fact, this doctor prescribed! She was scolding and rude on the phone. On top of that, my daughter came in for her yearly check up and after her blood test, she came home with her entire arm black and blue. It was horrible. When she went back, on my suggestion, she asked about it and the doctor just said that this happens sometimes. The nurse, we found out later, had gone through the entire vein. We changed doctors over a year ago and they still call me for an appointment. This office is disorganized and unpersonal.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2013

I love Dr. Hartford. He delivered both of my children...first was vaginal & second was c-section. He took care of us every step of the way. A big number of my girlfriends and family have been going to him and we all recommend him. His office does get busy, but that's only because so many women go to him due to the fact that he's such a great doctor.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2013

Not sure if we are talking about the same doctor but I love Dr. Hartford!! I recommended him to my sister and she likes him as well. He delivered her a healthy baby girl. Dr.Hartford has delivered 4 of my 6 children. The last 2 being twin boys. Dr. Hartfords visits in the exam room are quick which I'm okay with, not trying to spend an hour in there but whenever u have any questions for him he does take his time answering them and has always been accurate, especially the sex of the baby's ( which is always exciting to find out) He was very accurate and accommodating with my entire pregnancy with my twins. He monitored me closely. His ultrasounds were accurate as well... All 3 of my deliveries went very well one of them being a c-section. This dr is awesome :) The staff is good they always got me in when it was needed. Never waited more than 20 mins in the waiting room, which isn't bad compared to other offices that have you wait an hour. I totally recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2013

I would never recommend this person to anyone. My baby was delivered by Mr. Hartford. My baby passed away as a result of medical negligence from mr. Hartford. Our baby developed a brain hemmorage as a result of late response from Mr. Hartford to fetal distress and passed away on Feb 18, 2012. Dr. Hartford not only did not care to come to his delivery on time to deliver the baby, he also used a vacuum when he walked in, announcing that he does not have time to get the operating room ready. What kind of an excuse is that? He failed to respond to fetal distress (a fact confirmed by other OBGYNs who reviewed the case based on the fetal heart rate monitoring strips). His delay in making a decision for an emergency c-section caused for my baby to develope a brain hemmorage and as a result become brain dead. I would never recommend this dr to anyone. THERE IS CURRENTLY, A LAW SUIT OPEN AGAINST THIS DR.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2012

One of the most unorganized offices! This office was horrible. I went there during my pregnancy and every single time I waited for at least 1 hour before seeing the doctor. Every single time he would come in blaming his staff and nurses on something (sorry I'm late, ah my nurses don't know what they are doing.... blah blah blah)... I had UTI at some point during my pregnancy, and his nurse said you don't, you are fine. Then, she wrote something else in the chart, so when the doctor read the note, he was confused. instead of him clearing this up with the nurse, he told me go and ask the nurse what's going on....what kind of a doctor does that? every time I wanted a paper for my own records, they would have to search and search and search and at the end tell me we'll send it to you later. We need to look more... overall, I would never ever recommend anyone to go here, even for a regular annual check up.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2012

Other than the general long wait, cluttered office, and small and stuffy examination rooms. Dr. Hartford does not give the level of attention for each patient that one deserves. He is dismissive and does not spend more than 2 minutes with a patient, jumping from one exam room to another. I got the feeling that the #1 priority for him is making money and not providing care. He is also being sued by a patient whose baby died due to mismanagement of her pregnancy and labor by Dr. Hartford.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2012

I love Dr. Hartford!!!! He is the best OB/GYN I have ever had. He is polite, smart, and always has a smile in his face. He takes the time to explain things and always gives you his 100% attention. Even though I live far away now (about 50 miles away), I will never leave Dr. Hartford. Highly recommend him to all of my girlfriends and they have never been disappointed.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2012

Dr. Steven L. Hartford's Credentials

• Spanish

• University Of Illinois At Chicago Health Science Center (Grad. 1980)