Ratings for Dr. Charles R. Horton

Every time I went to this Doctor he was educating other students, and seemed indifferent to my concerns. He did not take me seriously about my baby's health, and it literally nearly cost my son his life at 6 weeks old. After brushing me off for 3 days, I took him to the Huntsville Hospital, he needed emergency surgery, and was terribly dehydrated. Follow your Mother's instincts for sure. I would not recommend this Dr. to anyone.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2015

My kids have seen Dr. Horton for almost a decade. I have always trusted his judgement. He was able to diagnose a very difficult disease (Kawasaki) when my two year old came down with it. He checked on my son daily while at the hospital and I find his bedside manner impeccable. He is a concerned doctor that doesn't like to medicate for no reason. I have a lot of respect for him and his well chosen staff who have always been loving and helpful. I would recommend Dr. Horton to anyone with children from infancy through adulthood.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2013

Dr. Horton has been our pediatician for 14 years and has been wonderful. He is always calm and helpful. I especially like that he does not prescribe drugs for every little thing. Dr. Horton is a great doctor and even checked lab results on a weekend and called us at home to get us the medicine needed. I know he truly cares about my chilren's health and well-being.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2012

Very pleased with the ease of getting an appointment and staff. I will agree that Dr. Horton can sometimes lack in bedside manner, but he is very competent and has correctly diagnosed my children. I am very happy here.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2011

"It's a virus let's check on it in a few days". Meanwhile off to the Hospital with walking Pneumonia after the misdiagnosis you will go.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2011

Trust your own parents' instincts.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2009