Ratings for Dr. KEVIN H. Concannon

I rated Doctor Concannon poorly because he absolutely practices very arrogantly and doesn't listen to the PARENT of the child. I took my newborn son in for a check up, who we chose not to circumcise after careful research and consideration. I concisely said "Do NOT retract my son's foreskin upon examination." Two seconds later, Concannon looked me in the eye and said "It's no big deal.." and proceeded to retract the foreskin. Here's what the AAP recommends "Foreskin retraction should never be forced. While the foreskin is still attached to the glans of the penis, do not try to pull it back, especially in an infant. Forcing the foreskin to retract before it is ready may harm the penis and cause pain, bleeding, and tears in the skin." I was totally disheartened to have someone do something to my child that I had just instructed them not to do. I do not trust this man and his arrogance. He is a man that will not change his practicing based on new information- he is stuck in his old ways

flag | Submitted December 2, 2013

I had Dr. Concannon as my Dr. when I was a child. He was always sure I was making everything up without checking it out. More than once he diagnosed strep throat as me trying to get out of school and I had to go to urgent care to get test than meds. Dr. Concannon was one of the main reasons why I have a lot of trouble trusting Dr.s He even sent me to a therapist when I had a chronic cough (do to nodgels on vocal cords. Some people had great experiences with him maybe he is just better with boys I don't know but if you choose him becareful.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2013

My 2 sons have been with Dr Concannon for 11 years. Up until last year I thought he was a good Dr. He refused 2 help me get help with my son's ADD stating that he didn't believe my son had a problem. He wouldn't run any tests or even ask any questions on the issue he pretty much just waved off all my concerns without looking deeply into the situation.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2012

Worst doctor I've ever been to. I would never let him near my child again. Never on time, arrogant, rude, not helpful. Wouldn't listen and insinuated that I, the mother, was making up all of my child's symptoms.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2011

I concur with the above statements. Dr. Concannon is an excellent Doctor and really takes his time speaking with the parents and the children! He recently helped us through a stressful time as my oldest son was diagnosed with Diabetes. I would refer any of my friends to him!

flag | Submitted January 4, 2010

Dr. Concannon is an amazing pediatrician. He was mine and now my kids doctor. You may have a wait when you schedule an appointment, but that is because he refuses to rush any of his patients through. My son once had an ear infection on a Friday. I called the office at 4:55 to see if I should take him to UC, but Dr Concannon said to bring him in. He stayed until 6:30 talking to me and my son. How many doctors do that! AMAZING!!!

flag | Submitted December 3, 2007

This is a very good pediatrician. Both of my kids like him, and he takes him time with each of his patients. He takes the time to answer your questions instead of just rushing out.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2007

Dr. KEVIN H. Concannon's Credentials

• Univ Of Az Coll Of Med, Tucson Az 85724 (Grad. 1980)