Ratings for Dr. Brian Book

I have been seeing Dr Book for + 25 years. He was always please and helpful. Last year I decided to make the switch to another Optometrist as for several reasons. One: I have always felt obligated to buy contacts from Book Optical. When I discovered that it is cheaper online I asked for my prescription which the associate Optometrist refused to give me. I was also talk down to when I did not buy my most recent contacts through Book Optical. Second, I was told at Book office that I needed to have a yearly assessment. The new Optometrist I see now said the my eyes are healthy and compared better than most people with my prescription so it is not necessary to have an assessment every year. My third reason, lack of information passed on to me about my eye health. I did not know I had a sigmatisim until recently. Also with the new Optometrist I had 3 new tests done to my eye (with explaination of the results), that I had never done at Dr Book office.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2017

I have been seeing Dr. Book for over 30 years. He is always patient with my questions. I recently went in due to pain behind my eyes, and he made sure there was NOTHING wrong! He is very thorough and helpful! I was not even charged for this emergency appointment. He also made sure I was happy with the glasses I purchased from this store 3 years ago (and still going strong!) and is currently making sure my contacts are the right fit. As for the glasses I have purchased from him over the years, they are wonderful! You pay a little more, but I have bought some from other places and had them fall apart after 6 months! You get what you pay for! I have always been satisfied with Dr. Books care and glasses! He treats you how he would like to be treated! I highly recommend him!

flag | Submitted August 27, 2015

I have to respond to all these reviews that complain about Dr. Book pushing his optical business for purchasing frames and lenses. I have been seeing Brian for over 30 years and he has never pushed me towards Book Optical to fill my prescription!! The frames and lenses sold by Book Optical are of top quality and last for many years. You may pay a little extra ,but the cost per year is small. My current frames and lens are six years old and are still like new. I just had my annual checkup and nearly had to beg Brian to get a new prescription because I wanted to get new frames. The staff at Book Optical are top notch and are one of the reasons my wife and I continue to see Brian and Erhen Scerbo (my wife's optometrist - one of Brian's partners) even though we no longer live in Winnipeg. Brian is an outstanding optometrist and why I have continued to see him for 30+ years

flag | Submitted April 9, 2015

I am diabetic and have been seeing Brian annually x 20 yrs. He provides a thorough exam and shows/explains exactly what he is seeing. Extremely knowledgable, compassionate, interested and friendly. His frame selection is 2nd to none and I love that he carries only one of each frame. I have noted no turnover in his staff (except perhaps his office asst downtown) which implies to me that they are happy to be working with him. His staff have always been very helpful and patient when I am choosing new frames. Brian and his team have always been very good to me and my daughter and I am always referring others to him. My appts always occur on time. I too, am grateful for his recovery from cancer!

flag | Submitted April 11, 2013

Submitted July 25, 2011

I have been seeing Dr. Book for wel lover 20 years. As a loyal patient I now feel alieniated when purchasing eyeware. All I want is a reasonably priced nice pair of glasses. I'm not out to make a fashion statement. Please remember those of us who helped establish you successful business.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2010

I grew up seeing Dr. Book and very much enjoyed him. I only abandoned his services when I began pricing contact lenses as an adult from other optometrists and found Dr. Book to be among the most expensive of providers of lenses. I made the comparisons identical brand-for-brand: It wasn't a case of higher quality versus lower quality. Excellent doctor, but unjustifiably high pricing policies in my experience. I'm very happy with my new optometrist (and free parking!)

flag | Submitted February 7, 2010

I have been a patient of Brian's for over 30 years.He is professional, knowledgeable,takes the time to listen to your concerns &questions. Brian is supportive,friendly & very caring. He has provided my family & I with exceptional eye care. We now have our third generation of family members under his care!

flag | Submitted January 25, 2010

I would comment on Dr. Book except for your odd note I am legally responsible for what I write in this space ... what the heck does that really mean? Do you provide my email address to other agencies? Should this not be confidential considering you delete libelous comments?Get Real.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2009

Agree with most people here that Dr. Book gives excellent care, is knowledgeable. I have to agree with other folks here though that they do push the Sales too much, and that would be ok, if the optical store was any good, which it is not. VERY high turnover in staff, staff who disagree with each other in front of the customer. I bought my progressive lenses there and the optical store staff kept arguing over what frames I should have. The end product was frames with lenses that kept falling out. They were so casual about it, telling me it was the lab's fault, blah blah. I paid 1800.00 for frames and glass Nikon lenses, could the optical shop take a little more interest? The last straw came when I went for an adjustment. The staff person in the optical shop dropped one of my very expensive glass lenses on the floor. Luckily it didn't break but she said, 'oh, I didn't know it was glass. hah hah' Well, I thought, you won't get another chance because I'm going someplace else next time.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2008