Ratings for Dr. Marie-France Lachapelle

Dr Lachapelle is an amazing Doctor. She's been following me throughout my pregnancy. Not sure about the negative reviews about her but my only complaint is her secretary at the front, she's a lost case! She's made multiple mistakes on my appointments in the past, changes them and forgets to call me to advise me. First time she double booked me, calling me twice in one week to confirm and recently gave me a an appointment yet forgot to call me to advise me it was cancelled or changed. Not to mention the fact that she doesn't answer the phone when she should.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2016

She was the Dr looking over my recent ultrasound. She had a quick look at the images and seemed confused about the basic anatomy of the baby. She unnecessarily requested a cardiac ultrasound - which caused us a lot of stress - when I had already had a cardiac ultrasound that suggested everything was normal. Luckily the cardiologist at the Children's knows basic anatomy and confirmed, once again, that everything is normal. I do not trust this Dr's knowledge or competence.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2016

I was recently referred to Dr. Lachapelle from another doctor. I have had 3 visits with her and I must say, she is the best doctor I have ever come across. She takes time to answer all your questions, she keeps you informed and is very easy to talk to. I believe she is one of the best doctors and I feel I am in good hands with her. Her staff is also very helpful and caring.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2015

It is very difficult to find a good doctor in Montreal so I always have a lot tolerance even with bad experience. But Dr. Lachapelle is the first one that I wanted to write some reviews seriously about after one year following up with her on 2014. She was not there while I was giving birth, but I met her one month after, Sep 2014, I told her that I lost a lot blood and got 2 bags blood transmission, she did not even care to prescribe for a blood test (which I got after from another doctor). after the appointment, she told me “ see you in 2 years!”, I realized she doesn’t care at all what written in my file about the blood lost in urethral drainage tube during the labor and other details. Then I asked her what I should do for the endometriosis, she said :” it is all gone”, I was about to ask her how she could say it without even checking? And of cause it is not gone, I got pelvic pain back very soon after breast feeding and the other doctor prescribe ultrasound checking right away. I decided to change doctor after the last appointment, and did not wanted to comment on her at all until her assistant called me last month (July 2015) saying the samples that Dr Lachapelle collected for pap test during last appointment (September 2014) was not valid (FGS, 10 months after?????), then I really feel I need to speak it out. I see many people have good experiences with her, good for you guys, but I can only say this doctor can be very careful, but she can be very careless, seems all depends on her mood or if she likes the patient or not. My husband did not get good vibe with her at the beginning, but we decided to go with based on the good reviews on line, but again, it is not guaranteed.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2015

She is truly amazing ! I have never felt.more comfortable with a Dr before. She answers every question you have no matter how dumb you may think it is. After 2 pregnancies under her care I would recommend her to EVERYONE !

flag | Submitted August 1, 2015

Mon expérience avec Dr Lachapelle est très positive. Après près de 3 ans d'atante et 2 fausse couches, je suis finalement enceinte et j'ai retrouvé une grande écoute, beaucoup de compréhension et de très bon conseils depuis qu'elle me suit pour ma grossesse. Elle prend toujours le temps d'écouter mes questions ou mes inquiétudes et d'y répondre. Je l'adore!

flag | Submitted May 26, 2015

On of the most kind and caring doctor I ever know.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2014

She my gyn for 10 years lately she is being so careless .I am going through a misscareg and she doesn't want to see me I am back and forth to emergency past 5 days and for regent flow up I have to see another general doctor in walking clinic. It so sad for me iam so disappointed from her.I needed her to gave me corge to make feel that I we'll be fin.

Submitted September 15, 2014

Dr Lachapelle n'est pas méchante, mais elle est expéditive. Elle est souvent assez en retard, mais elle est compétente. Quand je me suis fait poser mon stérilet, j'ai eu beaucoup de douleurs, mais je suppose que c'est normal.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2013

My wife is 46, we are blessed to have Dr. Lachapelle, and we have no problem what so ever travalling over 200km, through Montreal Traffic, parking tickets etc to go see her. That just about says it.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2011