You may also like

Rate Dr. Marie-France Lachapelle

Dr. Marie-France Lachapelle's Ratings

It is very difficult to find a good doctor in Montreal so I always have a lot tolerance even with bad experience.
But Dr. Lachapelle is the first one that I wanted to write some reviews seriously about after one year following up with her on 2014.
She was not there while I was giving birth, but I met her one month after, Sep 2014, I told her that I lost a lot blood and got 2 bags blood transmission, she did not even care to prescribe for a blood test (which I got after from another doctor). after the appointment, she told me “ see you in 2 years!”, I realized she doesn’t care at all what written in my file about the blood lost in urethral drainage tube during the labor and other details. Then I asked her what I should do for the endometriosis, she said :” it is all gone”, I was about to ask her how she could say it without even checking? And of cause it is not gone, I got pelvic pain back very soon after breast feeding and the other doctor prescribe ultrasound checking right away.
I decided to change doctor after the last appointment, and did not wanted to comment on her at all until her assistant called me last month (July 2015) saying the samples that Dr Lachapelle collected for pap test during last appointment (September 2014) was not valid (FGS, 10 months after?????), then I really feel I need to speak it out.
I see many people have good experiences with her, good for you guys, but I can only say this doctor can be very careful, but she can be very careless, seems all depends on her mood or if she likes the patient or not.
My husband did not get good vibe with her at the beginning, but we decided to go with based on the good reviews on line, but again, it is not guaranteed.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2888803].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 7, 2015

She is truly amazing ! I have never felt.more comfortable with a Dr before. She answers every question you have no matter how dumb you may think it is. After 2 pregnancies under her care I would recommend her to EVERYONE !

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2883491].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 1, 2015

Mon expérience avec Dr Lachapelle est très positive. Après près de 3 ans d'atante et 2 fausse couches, je suis finalement enceinte et j'ai retrouvé une grande écoute, beaucoup de compréhension et de très bon conseils depuis qu'elle me suit pour ma grossesse. Elle prend toujours le temps d'écouter mes questions ou mes inquiétudes et d'y répondre. Je l'adore!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2819016].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 27, 2015

On of the most kind and caring doctor I ever know.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2560443].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 2, 2014

She my gyn for 10 years lately she is being so careless .I am going through a misscareg and she doesn't want to see me I am back and forth to emergency past 5 days and for regent flow up I have to see another general doctor in walking clinic. It so sad for me iam so disappointed from her.I needed her to gave me corge to make feel that I we'll be fin.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2536991].votes_count ]]

Submitted Sept. 15, 2014

Dr Lachapelle n'est pas méchante, mais elle est expéditive. Elle est souvent assez en retard, mais elle est compétente. Quand je me suis fait poser mon stérilet, j'ai eu beaucoup de douleurs, mais je suppose que c'est normal.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1577933].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 3, 2013

My wife is 46, we are blessed to have Dr. Lachapelle, and we have no problem what so ever travalling over 200km, through Montreal Traffic, parking tickets etc to go see her. That just about says it.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1577932].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 20, 2011

Dr. Lachapelle is one of the nicest people I have ever met. I was very lucky to get in and have her deliver my last baby. She is considerate, warm, and gives you time to speak out your concerns or fears. She is a real person and treats you like one too. When my baby had to go to NICU, I met her in the coridor on my way to see baby, and I broke down crying and she just hugged me. Can you imagine? That hug meant so much to me. She really makes the patient feel like she is taking care of you. I just love her. She is also almost perfectly punctual. I have never seen an ob/gyn as fast as that. Usually I would wait in other clinics for hours. She is very humble and hence operates with humility. Her secretary is kind and even her office and examining room is so clean and pleasant.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1577931].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 27, 2011

I am extremely surprised at YOUR comments. I am sorry you had a bad experience, because I really believe she is an exceptionnal and caring doctor. The receptionnist may or may not have been hers, she shares the office with other doctors. Dr. Lachapelle has been my OBGYN for years and has seen me through 3 pregnancies. She has always been extremely caring and available, takes her time and listens. As far as the JGH, MOST nurses ARE wonderful. However, with every single one of my deliveries, there were some nurses who were rude, one did not know how to start an IV and bruised me so bad another nurse had to do it. One intern basically abandonned me while I was delivering a stillborn baby, and the nurse at night left me alone, in pain. Overtime would not have changed this. I don't know why Dr. Lachapelle would have said that about the staff, maybe she found a mistake and was upset. Her support has made all the difference for me. I really think you got it wrong with Dr. Lachapelle.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1577930].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 5, 2011

I am surprised at all the positive comments. maybe people who are unhappy with this doctor don't write in. First, the receptionnist is rude and is unhappy when you ask for appointments. The highly rated doctor, well, she is probably the most unprofessional person I have ever seen. I delivered my baby at the JGH with a different doctor and was extremely happy with the care, especially that of the nursing staff. For this pregnancy, I had dr lachapelle and while in the waiting room, I was offended to over hear her comment about how "studpid" the nursing staff and doctors are that she works with. These are people that stayed overtime for my last delivery. My husband had bad vibes from her from the start, I have switched since and could not be happier.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][1577929].votes_count ]]