Ratings for Dr. Marie-France Lachapelle

I consider myself lucky to have her... she is not always on time...simply because she takes the time with each patient. She explains well, she remembers the particularities of each patient and she gives advice when ask for. She does not juge ... she really care for her patients ( how often can we say that about a Dr.?)... not only she is knowledgeable but she is also kind and respectful... it makes you feel safe to have doctors like her. She

flag | Submitted April 21, 2017

Dr Lachapelle m'a suivi lors de mon hospitalisation de 4 semaines lors de ma grossesse, elle a été d'une grande écoute et nous a soutenu lors de cette épreuve difficile, elle a aussi été présente suite à mon accouchement et a été le médecin sur lequel on pouvait s'appuyer pour nos inquiétudes et interrogations. Elle a montré beaucoup d'ouverture face à mes questionnements au niveau de mon plan de traitements et à pris mes idées en considération.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2017

Very empathetic, respectful, love her! She took the time to listen to my story, did nit rush it, gave me hope.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2017

I was referred to dr Lachapelle by another dr (who shall rename nameless but was more concerned about my weight than my pregnancy). Thankfully when I got referred, it was to this doctor. She has been nothing but kind and patient with me. Didn't care about my weight, and gave me advice for the pragnancy. The wait time can sometimes be long, as she often has a lot of people that go see her (including people from out of town). But once you're in the office, her focus is on you and only you; whether you're in and out or have to stay longer to get all your questions answered. She asks for the necessary tests to make sure mom and baby are fine. I was in the hospital for a week before having my baby, and she took time out of her busy schedule to come see me. She is by far one of the best doctors - words from my mother who would accompany me to most appointments and has had to deal with many obgyn.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2016

Dr Lachapelle is a very knowledgeable Dr however her staff and staff at the clinic she's at are terrible. It's unfortunate they can't treat patients the way they'd like to be treated. I doubt they like to be treated like dirt as they do to us. Thank goodness she's an excellent Dr otherwise people wouldn't bother with them and go somewhere else.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2016

Dr Lachapelle is an amazing Doctor. She's been following me throughout my pregnancy. Not sure about the negative reviews about her but my only complaint is her secretary at the front, she's a lost case! She's made multiple mistakes on my appointments in the past, changes them and forgets to call me to advise me. First time she double booked me, calling me twice in one week to confirm and recently gave me a an appointment yet forgot to call me to advise me it was cancelled or changed. Not to mention the fact that she doesn't answer the phone when she should.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2016

She was the Dr looking over my recent ultrasound. She had a quick look at the images and seemed confused about the basic anatomy of the baby. She unnecessarily requested a cardiac ultrasound - which caused us a lot of stress - when I had already had a cardiac ultrasound that suggested everything was normal. Luckily the cardiologist at the Children's knows basic anatomy and confirmed, once again, that everything is normal. I do not trust this Dr's knowledge or competence.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2016

I was recently referred to Dr. Lachapelle from another doctor. I have had 3 visits with her and I must say, she is the best doctor I have ever come across. She takes time to answer all your questions, she keeps you informed and is very easy to talk to. I believe she is one of the best doctors and I feel I am in good hands with her. Her staff is also very helpful and caring.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2015

It is very difficult to find a good doctor in Montreal so I always have a lot tolerance even with bad experience. But Dr. Lachapelle is the first one that I wanted to write some reviews seriously about after one year following up with her on 2014. She was not there while I was giving birth, but I met her one month after, Sep 2014, I told her that I lost a lot blood and got 2 bags blood transmission, she did not even care to prescribe for a blood test (which I got after from another doctor). after the appointment, she told me “ see you in 2 years!”, I realized she doesn’t care at all what written in my file about the blood lost in urethral drainage tube during the labor and other details. Then I asked her what I should do for the endometriosis, she said :” it is all gone”, I was about to ask her how she could say it without even checking? And of cause it is not gone, I got pelvic pain back very soon after breast feeding and the other doctor prescribe ultrasound checking right away. I decided to change doctor after the last appointment, and did not wanted to comment on her at all until her assistant called me last month (July 2015) saying the samples that Dr Lachapelle collected for pap test during last appointment (September 2014) was not valid (FGS, 10 months after?????), then I really feel I need to speak it out. I see many people have good experiences with her, good for you guys, but I can only say this doctor can be very careful, but she can be very careless, seems all depends on her mood or if she likes the patient or not. My husband did not get good vibe with her at the beginning, but we decided to go with based on the good reviews on line, but again, it is not guaranteed.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2015

She is truly amazing ! I have never felt.more comfortable with a Dr before. She answers every question you have no matter how dumb you may think it is. After 2 pregnancies under her care I would recommend her to EVERYONE !

flag | Submitted August 1, 2015