Ratings for Dr. Alex McMillan

Same problem....told me at two different appointments I needed major dental work. On both occasions I was checked out by my reserve military MD on a drill weekend in the same month where x-rays and exam were done by a military dentist. Both times and with both different dentists, they could not find anything wrong with my teeth, and recommended against any drilling of perfectly good teeth! Scary! If you have ever seen the TV movie where the evil dentist drills his patients teeth down to the stubs and leaves them tied to the chair.... I think this dentist gave them the idea!

flag | Submitted March 4, 2015

Open wide. I am not talking about your mouth, I mean your wallet. This arrogant man and his staff are only about the money. I was literally pulled back into a chair by a staff member once her next appointment cancelled. They have rah rah "staff" meetings in the mornings and then try to make a quota. They are disorganized and will not honor prices staff members quote for procedures. BEWARE! It is all about what he can make off of you and not about the best interest of your oral health. AVOID him.

flag | Submitted February 29, 2012

Arrogant,  is an understatement, there is another word that starts with an A that is much more accurate. The sales pitch he used was what I would have expected on a used car lot on the last day on the month.  I'm glad I was able to get out of his office before the situation degraded to physical confrontation.    This guy belongs in a cage.  God help anyone unfortunate enough to wind up in his chair.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2012

VERY arrogant, and made disparaging remarks over my previous dental work that was performed by military dentists. Came in for a routine cleaning, only to be told that several of my fillings were "failing"; said fillings were only 2 years old and I had absolutely no problems with them.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2010

I agree with the post on 5/3/06. He looked at my mouth and came up with a rediculous bill mostly to replace existing fillings. Not sure if things he does are truly in the best interest of the patient.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2006

I found Dr. McMillan to be very arrogant and he was somewhat disparaging of military dentists which was what sealed the deal for me. He was recommending that I have several large fillings replaced -- these are fillings that I've gotten in the last three years. I believe perhaps he's not looking out for the best interests of the patient. I'll be looking for a new dentist for both my children and myself.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2006

Dr. MCMILLAN was reccomeded to me by an aquantaince that must have had it in for me.....very painful procedure and little sympathy. would not return

flag | Submitted February 23, 2005