Ratings for Dr. Robert Ballantyne

He has been my Doctor for 31 years. He has helped me through a lot of trauma in my life and always cared about my well being. I am soooo sad to hear of his upcoming retirement. It feels like a huge part of my life diappearing. As my health seems to be deteriorating somewhat..not sure what I will do without him or whether I will ever find another doctor like him..he is one of a kind and the medical world is losing a great doctor. He will be missed greatly.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2011

Dr. Ballantyne has been my doctor for 20 years and I have always appreciated how he consults with me instead of just telling me what to do. His impending retirement has put me on another doctor's list now and I miss him already. I trust him and wish he would be my doctor forever!

flag | Submitted November 26, 2010

This doctor misdiagnosed my husband and consequently was not able to help him through his mental illness causing great stress on the family. Have since changed to another doctor who has the knowledge to diagnose and treat patients properly.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2009

My family and I have been seeing this man for quite some time now. I had one issue when I played football in which he issued a notice saying I couldn't play for 2 weeks. When 2 weeks had passed, I had to get a note from him saying I could go back. He told me to go in that Wednesday. When I went in, they told me he was away on vacation. That was the ONE negative experience I've had with him. Otherwise, he was superb.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2009

very professional and thorough. No waiting time for booked appointments

flag | Submitted March 25, 2008

I have been going to Dr. Ballytine for 30 years, and he is a good family physician. I'm not 100% sure he is the right "fit" for me, but you can't get too picky when it is so tough to find a family doctor. He is increasely reluctant to prescribe antibiotics ... and this is great, unless you really have an infection and require the antibioltics to get well. He will show up at funerals for patients he has had for a long time. His heart is in the right place. Additionally, he has a lot of staff and a lot of file folders. I think the paper trail can lead to test results not always being screened. Could use some updated sytems.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2007

Dr. B delivered me 31 years ago and has taken my husband and 2 children. He's a father figure to me and I don't know what I would do without him sometimes! We are also dreading the day he decides to retire. There is no one like him!

flag | Submitted August 15, 2007

Dr. Ballantyne delivered me 32 years ago and is still my doctor today. He has also taken on my husband and my son. He is thorough, caring, easy to talk to and offers excellent medical care. When we need to see him we are always able to get in on the same day. Also, the nurses and administrative assistants in the office are always polite, helpful and friendly. My family is dreading the day he retires.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2007

My two children and I have been with Doc B for 8 years. With him you are not just a number; he takes the time to really listen. He is fab with kids. My little boys trust him and feel they can really talk to him. NO question is silly. He is very knowledgable yet doesn't hesitate to consult specialists immediately to get you the fastest, care when more info is needed. He has helped me through a terrible cancer scare and a lifelong battle with depression. I am so thankful to have Doc B as my family's physician.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2007

Best doctor ever! Never have to wait or feel like you are being rushed. Wonderful doctor to myself, my husband and our young son.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2007