Ratings for Dr. Gerhard Jacobs

Assuming 'Dr. Gerhard Jacobs' is Dr. Willem Jacobs, I had an absolutely terrible experience with him on D day! He delivered my second baby (almost two years ago now). My labour progressed very quickly, in an hour I went from my first contraction to 10cm dilated, so upon arriving at the hospital, unfortunately, I wasn't eligible for an epidural. The nurses called Dr. Jacobs and although he arrived to the hospital in a timely manner, he showed up in my room with board shorts and flip flops on, when I was already 10cm dilated, waiting for him to arrive so I could start pushing. I BEGGED him NUMEROUS times throughout the pushing stage (which lasted an hour and a half) for some kind of pain intervention, to which he denied my requests, in fact after an hour of pushing, he said if I pushed as hard as I complained about how much pain I was in that I would have had this baby by now. Yes, you read that right, a male doctor, who has never given birth before, said that to me! When I recently told another doctor about my experience with him, he said that was 'criminal' and that I should report him! I was shocked to find that he has a 5 star rating/review on here because my experience with him was anything but pleasant. In fact I was discharged the same day I delivered, without him even coming to check on me or the well being of my baby, which doesn't seem very personable? I tried to avoid delivering with Dr. Jacobs, but of course my baby had to come on his on call weekend! Although I would never recommend him, I would definitely recommend the Primary Care Network and the Sturgeon Hospital:)

flag | Submitted August 19, 2016

The BEST doctor you will ever have. Highly HIGHLY recommend him. Can't say enough good things about him! Wish we coukd keep him as our family physician.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2016

Dr. Jacobs is the best of the best. Caring, knowledgeable, and has a genuine love for his profession. I was in his care for both of my pregnancies and could not imagine having had another doctor delivery my girls. Absolutely love him!

flag | Submitted February 9, 2016

Dr. Jacobs is the best I'm glad that I am in his care

flag | Submitted September 21, 2015

Dr. Carol Linton had delievered my first child 3 years ago. She is currently away on leave so I had to be referred to another doctor for my recently pregnancy. My family doctor had a lot of troubles finding anyone that had the time to take me on. I was accepted by Dr Brian Hayden. Dr. Brian Hayden (who is an amazing doctor as well) was on vacation toward the very end of my pregnancy. I was referred to Dr. W. Gerhard Jacobs. I personally made the mistake of not booking my future appointments and last minute realized my mistake. The staff was able to squeeze me in all the appointments that I needed before my baby was predicted to be born. I was very amazed by this as this had been my mistake. Dr. Jacobs was always on time. But with his kindness and just positive outlook I wouldnt have minded waiting for an hour if need be. Dr. Jacobs ALWAYS has a big smile on his face. I have a very stressful job and sometimes coming to see him for my appointment will brighten up my day. He always talks to me like I am a long time friend and had known each other for a long time. When I went into labour July 28th, my regular doctor was still on vacation so it was Dr. Jacobs that was there to deliver. He was there right away when the nurse called him. I had missed my epidural and was very scared and in a lot of pain. Dr Jacobs was very encouraging and with the nurses made this experience 1000% more better then it would have been. I will be forever grateful . My comment is if you are blessed to be cared for by Dr. Jacobs, then your prayers have been answered for a wonderful experience. He has made me believe in our health care system. I really hope he knows how much he has touched the lives of people whom have met him.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2015

Dr Jacobs delivered both of my babies. I have never had such an amazing, knowledgable and friendly Dr before. I recommend him to everyone I know. My only wish would be for him to be my daughter's regular physician as well. I can't say enough good about this guy!

flag | Submitted March 2, 2015

I have really enjoyed reading many of the reviews of Dr.Jacobs, I echo many of the same sentiments. I think he embodies excellence in his profession and is an amazing human being. The birth of our third child was the most beautiful, empowering experience of my life - we just felt completely supported and encouraged throughout the pregnancy and delivery. I also owe my second child's life to him. She had been misdiagnosed by two other emergency room doctors, who told me after exam that she had flu or viral infection. Dr.Jacobs was the third physician to see her in one weekend, and he correctly diagnosed her before he barrly had a foot in the door. She was hours away from succumbing to an auto-immune condition. His quick action and incredible sensitivity - just leaves me in awe of the person he is. Eternally grateful for him and the impact he has had on our family and the hundreds of others privledged to have him as their family doctor. Thank-you Dr.Jacobs for your kindness, your dedication and your incredible way with people. You are an absolute treasure.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2014

I had serious concern about my daughters health. Not only did Dr. Jacobs totally dismiss my concern he ignored me and would not listen or even acknowledge my presence in the appointment. I took my daughter for a 2nd opinion and this Dr listened to me and put a referral in to a specialist. Now my 4 year old daughter is on thickened fluids for 6 months and has no cough reflex cause this concern was not look after in time. I've heard a lot of great things about Dr. Jacobs but after all this my opinion on him has changed completely.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2014

Dr. Jacobs is the most incredible doctor of our time! This man saved my first child , never quit and prevailed! He is this families hero! He is compassionate and hilarious! He has a twinkle in his eye and that's what makes him the very best doctor I've ever encountered! Dr. Jacobs has delivered both my babies and I see him once a year. I could and would not go anywhere else !

flag | Submitted October 28, 2014

The guy is great with Kids........................................

flag | Submitted October 17, 2014