You may also like

Rate Dr. Gerhard Jacobs

Dr. Gerhard Jacobs's Ratings

Dr. Carol Linton had delievered my first child 3 years ago. She is currently away on leave so I had to be referred to another doctor for my recently pregnancy. My family doctor had a lot of troubles finding anyone that had the time to take me on. I was accepted by Dr Brian Hayden.

Dr. Brian Hayden (who is an amazing doctor as well) was on vacation toward the very end of my pregnancy. I was referred to Dr. W. Gerhard Jacobs. I personally made the mistake of not booking my future appointments and last minute realized my mistake. The staff was able to squeeze me in all the appointments that I needed before my baby was predicted to be born. I was very amazed by this as this had been my mistake.

Dr. Jacobs was always on time. But with his kindness and just positive outlook I wouldnt have minded waiting for an hour if need be. Dr. Jacobs ALWAYS has a big smile on his face. I have a very stressful job and sometimes coming to see him for my appointment will brighten up my day. He always talks to me like I am a long time friend and had known each other for a long time.

When I went into labour July 28th, my regular doctor was still on vacation so it was Dr. Jacobs that was there to deliver. He was there right away when the nurse called him. I had missed my epidural and was very scared and in a lot of pain. Dr Jacobs was very encouraging and with the nurses made this experience 1000% more better then it would have been. I will be forever grateful .

My comment is if you are blessed to be cared for by Dr. Jacobs, then your prayers have been answered for a wonderful experience. He has made me believe in our health care system. I really hope he knows how much he has touched the lives of people whom have met him.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2897412].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 17, 2015

Dr Jacobs delivered both of my babies. I have never had such an amazing, knowledgable and friendly Dr before. I recommend him to everyone I know. My only wish would be for him to be my daughter's regular physician as well. I can't say enough good about this guy!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2740622].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 2, 2015

I have really enjoyed reading many of the reviews of Dr.Jacobs, I echo many of the same sentiments. I think he embodies excellence in his profession and is an amazing human being. The birth of our third child was the most beautiful, empowering experience of my life - we just felt completely supported and encouraged throughout the pregnancy and delivery.

I also owe my second child's life to him. She had been misdiagnosed by two other emergency room doctors, who told me after exam that she had flu or viral infection. Dr.Jacobs was the third physician to see her in one weekend, and he correctly diagnosed her before he barrly had a foot in the door. She was hours away from succumbing to an auto-immune condition. His quick action and incredible sensitivity - just leaves me in awe of the person he is. Eternally grateful for him and the impact he has had on our family and the hundreds of others privledged to have him as their family doctor. Thank-you Dr.Jacobs for your kindness, your dedication and your incredible way with people. You are an absolute treasure.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2616041].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 12, 2014

I had serious concern about my daughters health. Not only did Dr. Jacobs totally dismiss my concern he ignored me and would not listen or even acknowledge my presence in the appointment. I took my daughter for a 2nd opinion and this Dr listened to me and put a referral in to a specialist. Now my 4 year old daughter is on thickened fluids for 6 months and has no cough reflex cause this concern was not look after in time. I've heard a lot of great things about Dr. Jacobs but after all this my opinion on him has changed completely.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2597307].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 28, 2014

Dr. Jacobs is the most incredible doctor of our time! This man saved my first child , never quit and prevailed! He is this families hero! He is compassionate and hilarious! He has a twinkle in his eye and that's what makes him the very best doctor I've ever encountered! Dr. Jacobs has delivered both my babies and I see him once a year. I could and would not go anywhere else !

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2597247].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 28, 2014

The guy is great with Kids........................................

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2582118].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 17, 2014

Dr. Jacobs was our Dr. For our first child. I can't say enough about him and his staff! He made me feel very comfortable and confident both with the birth and afterwards as a new mom. I would reccomend him to anyone!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2567536].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 7, 2014

Staff is amazing, I don't have to wait long I'm usually in and out in about 20 mins. He's only my doctor for my pregnacy (which I'm very sad about) he's such a great doctor and very nice person in general. Where as my family doctor if my appointment is at 1pm, I will be waiting in the waiting area for about 30-45mins get into a room and wait another 15-30mins. It's like a 2 hours ordeal.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2539737].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 17, 2014

I was referred to Dr. Jacobs for my first pregnancy since my doctor had stopped doing deliveries. I had requested a referral to a female doctor in St. Albert, but when there were none available we went with Dr. Jacobs. What a blessing this turned out to be. I can't say enough about how great this man is! Dr. J is kind, professional and takes time to answer all questions thoroughly. Every appointment I had was a positive experience starting from the reception desk. The receptionists were always polite and smiley. His nurse, efficient and friendly. Dr. J always entered the room with a smile and/or a witty comment. He fully respected my desire for a drug free, vaginal birth as well as the numerous other birth preferences my husband and I were hoping for. When vaginal exams were done he always called in his nurse (female) to be present. I almost don't want to write about how great this doctor is because I want to make sure I can get in for our next pregnancy! Sincerest thanks Dr. J.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1579230].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 14, 2013

Dr Jacobs has so many years left in his career, but when the day does come to retire he'll have made such a positive impact on so many lives. He delivered our baby and held him with such joy. He respected, cared and listened to us every step of the way. He is very forward thinking as he takes into account the entire well being of the mother and baby (instead of the typical western approach, which is entirely too focused on intervention). We consider ourselves fortunate to have met Dr Jacobs and hope many families will have the privilege to be cared for by him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1579229].votes_count ]]