Ratings for Dr. Jenifer A. Nields

Dr. Nields, many years ago, helped our daughter , who is still unfortunately very sick with Chronic Lyme Disease. After our Town's Special Education required our daughter to have her evaluated by their psychiatrist, which turned out to be a completely wrong diagnosis. Dr. Nields was kind enough to see our daughter and recognized her symptoms as stemming from improperly diagnosed Lyme Disease by our daughter's Pediatrician, that had then and still is involved with her central nervous system. Dr. Nields stood toe to toe with the B.O.E.'s appointed hack job psychiatrist and told her as such. I will never be able to Thank Dr. Nields enough for seeing our daughter and supporting her with the proper diagnosis. A great lady. Apparently their are attempts made by some of the B.O.E.s in this state to try and pin a purely psychiatric diagnosis on kids with Chronic Lyme and have been told it may involve who will ultimately pay the bill for educating and services provided for the child. I guess we will never know why they really did what they did to us....lawyers and DCF and threats etc. Barbaric . She knows what she is talking about for sure. This all occurred years ago mind you. God Bless her.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2015

Jenifer Nields is brilliant and compassionate. She is artful with psychotherapy and an excellent diagnostician. I went to her as a second opinion for trouble with my anger and, in about five sessions, Dr. Nields was suggesting that my current psychiatrist had misdiagnosed me as depressed when in fact I was bipolar and needed to take mood stabilization medication. She remembered the tiniest details of things I told her for years, and when I had a crisis after having moved to another part of the country, she spent lots of time and energy finding good treaters for me. She knows her field and her practice. She is both naturally talented and well-trained.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2012

Dr. Jenifer A. Nields's Credentials

• Columbia Univ Coll Of Physicians And Surgeons, New York Ny 10032 (Grad. 1986)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal