Ratings for Dr. Eben Strydom

I saw this dr in Emergency. I received a long lecture about the increasing number of people who OD on fentanyl, which has nothing to do with me. I requested a interim amount of a medication that I have been taking for about ten years, to cover until my family dr was back from holiday. He raised his voice at me, argued, and suggested that he had no knowledge of who I am (although that is definitely not true) so that he should be suspicious of the possibility of drug seeking behavior. Dr Strydom also criticized the treatment plan of my current doctor, though he has no understanding of the details of my various medical needs. I felt very disrespected. I am still considering contacting to request a review.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2017

Someone else mentioned they were treated with “distain” in another comment. This is kinda how I felt. I could not take a certain antibiotic because I had genetic testing done and it showed that there is a high chance that I am going to react to that antibiotic so I did not want to take a chance and I said I needed something other than this one. Once I said that it was downhill from there. Testing that was done 3 days after I was on an antibiotic came back negative and I tried a couple of times to explain that the test was done after the antibiotic not before and that it would be negative if the test was done afterwards (as the antibiotic would have likely already killed any bacteria) but he was not interested in listening so I gave up at that point as I knew there was no use.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2017

Dr Strydom is smart, caring, and helpful. Doesn't have an ego problem. Doesn't act like he's above anyone else. And has a good memory too!

flag | Submitted April 2, 2017

Dr. Strydom is very friendly and cheerful. I feel comfortable trusting him as a Dr. His secretary is fantastic and very accommodating.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2016

Dr. Strydom is really as good as it gets when it comes to doctors in saskatchewan. I have never had a more knowledgable doctor in my entire life. Dr. Strydom doesn't talk down to you ever and is incredibly polite even if he is in a rush as most doctors are. He will hear your opinion and respect your boundaries but ultimately i have learned to take his professional opinion, even when i thought I knew better. He isn't always readily available, and has been know to take long trips which can be an inconvenience at times. I have nothing to complain about with his staff as his secretary does a fantastic job and will do her best to make you an optimal appointment.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2015

I saw Dr. Strydom twice in the past 24 hours for a problem, and saw him in emergency. He was very friendly, courteous and professional in his work. I have been to other hospitals in Sask. but none of them come close to the friendly and professional service of him and the Melfort hospital staff. Thanks for great doctors like him. I rate him as very very good.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2015

Eben was an okay doctor for the first couple of years I saw him - personable enough, and fairly knowledgable for the most part. However, DO NOT question his recommendations, if you still want to receive quality care from him. His ego absolutely can not take it, and your relationship with him will be shot. His approach with me was despicable after I disagreed with his method, and he treated me with such disdain, that I overheard even his colleague question it. Disgraceful.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2014

Dr. Strydom is the best doctor we have ever had!!! Our whole family loves him. He is kind, understanding and always takes the time to listen to your concerns. I've had both of my babies with him and possibly a third in the future. ;) I have recommended him to everyone and anyone. I especially love the fact that he does not push medication/antibiotics on us OR he'll give me a prescription and tell me to wait a day or two before filling it. I hope, hope, hope that he never leaves Melfort. If he does, I will CRY!!!

flag | Submitted July 14, 2013

Not good I think he only cares about reputation than patient

flag | Submitted January 24, 2013

Always able to fit me in if it was a time-sensitive problem,pays attention to everything you say to him, doesn't just give you a prescription if you realy don't need it(he's always been right-when he said I didn't NEED antibiotics!)He DOES take the appropriate time with you that you need.All the other good comments I've read sound just like him.The one bad comment-I don't think Doctor Strydom would have been arrogant- it's more likely to me, that the patient was arrogant and Doctor Strydom just told them something they didn't want to hear. He's got the guts to tell you stuff, even if you may not want to hear it. That's more valuable than a doctor that's just there for the glory and the paycheque, don't you think? I got Dr.Strydom when Dr. Venter left(another awesome doctor!), and I feel really lucky for me and my daughter to have him! I hope he never leaves Melfort!

flag | Submitted December 17, 2010