Ratings for Dr. Richard May

Dr Richard May isn't one of the best but THE BEST doctor!! I have seen him twice and he listens, he evaluates and gives the best help. Twice was enough to see thr difference between him and all the other ones i have seen in walk-ins. I have never met a doctor who find the ways to not charge his patients for fees such as filling forms, or reduce the insurance form fees if you have paid him drs note fee in the previous meeting. And that is just a very basic unimportant example to show how he truly cares for his patients. He may seem rushed and may seem to go fast, but he is also very fast at diagnosing and finding best suitable solutions.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2017

I have nothing but praise for Dr.May. I saw him about a nasty infection and he did everything necessary to help me avoid a crisis. As soon as it became clear that I needed to be treated with i.v. he rushed me to the hospital and helped me avoid the usual bureaucracy. He is attentive, caring and I recommend him without hesitation. Topnotch.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2016

Worst Doctor I have EVER seen! Rude, obnoxious and arrogant. He seemed rushed and annoyed with me and was barely interested in my symptoms. Plus he misdiagnosed me and I ended up needing surgery. If you get him at the ER run to another Doctor.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2016

I met this doctor at the institue thoracique on st-urbain after a severe asthma crisis. He was very nice, patient and extremely competent. He's probably the nicest doctor I've EVER met! :)

flag | Submitted September 15, 2011

I saw dr may at statcare emergency clinic and within a few minutes of seeing him he was able to diagnose me with pneumonia which he confirmed with an xray. He was extremely helpful and knowlegeble and prescribed an antibiotic which i took for 10 days. I felt much better after 3 days. I would recommend dr may as a kind and competent doctor

flag | Submitted September 6, 2011

My Daughter was requested to return to Statcare to follow-up on an infection, Dr May was VERY RUDE to her and made her feel as if she was wasting his time, she was just following the instructions of the other nice doctor(Dr Cambell) she had seen. I know the health care system is sicker than the patients but please remember why you became a Doctor....maybe a bedside manner refresher course would be helpful! Hope next time we get Dr Cambell!

flag | Submitted September 1, 2011

met Dr. May at Statcare Clinic - i found him to be very knowledgeable,helpfull and kind - he took his time and answered all my questions with a great deal of compassion because he knew i was worried - sure wish there were more like him - i felt much better when i left the clinic-

flag | Submitted November 25, 2010

I got Dr. May when I visited the Statcare. He was rushed and impersonal. He had a condescending attitude. He said he didn't understand why I was there and why didn't I get medical treatment sooner (Um, hello? There's a major doctor shortage in this province and most doctors aren't taking new patients. Also, my problem wasn't urgent enough to be in emergency that's why I was at Statcare.) But he did give me a prescription and free samples of a medication to relieve the symptoms of my health problem.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2010

went to Statcare Clinic and he was my doc. He is nice,I wasn't rushed, he listened to me, he was knowledgeable & even looked up the cream (I am using) in his book for the ingredients- very thorough! I am confident in his diagnosis and am overall pleased.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2009