Ratings for Dr. Rakesh Chopra

He's a condescending old dolt ( I am old, too). I went to ER, thinking I had food poisoning, but actually needed gall bladder surgery. I quietly asked the ER staff for recommendation, because I was stuck - couldn't do research. They said all the docs were good expect Chopra. I went in the Wednesday night before Monday holiday weekend. I checked myself out Saturday afternoon, NEVER SEEING ANY DOCTOR in all that time. They wouldn't allow me to eat because I was "getting surgery." Couldn't even suck ice. By Saturday, I had not eaten or drank anything for going on 5 days. My blood sugar crashed the 5th day, causing shaking and distress almost to the point of a seizure. Once my blood sugar and such stabilized in the 60's range, I got dressed and asked to be disconnected from IV. Only then did he make an appearance for damage control, telling me I was foolish and emotional and he was there to treat me. I am so grateful I did not stay after reading his reviews. I am home getting nourishment in a careful, healthy manner and am googling to find another doctor to meet on Tuesday, when they all return from their vacations. Please be careful during long holiday weekends! The doctors warehouse patients with the nurses (who were AMAZING) until they return from their trips. It's all about the dollar, folks. Grr.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2016

The worst Doctor ever!!!!! Back in 2008 my father went in for a procedure ( colonoscopy ) this man did the procedure hours later my father was send to the recovery Room about 30-45 minutes my father started bleeding I advice the nurse about the bleeding and all they did was clean him up and said its ok its because the doctor use a lot of gas during the procedure . Then he was released to go home . Once we got home my mother and I to care of him made sure he was ok but the bleeding continue after hours he started with the diarrhea called the doctor office left voice mail for someone to call back but no one did so the morning he was rushed to the ER. They had to operate immediately this doctor had A ruptured his colon he was drying due to toxin ever since he has had 13 surgery . His life has not been the same we are still struggling with his health issues . 13 surgery and has been in coma once smh . Such a horrible experience

flag | Submitted January 28, 2016

Worst Doctor Ever!!!!!!!He was supposed to show up in the evening and he never did! I wanted to meet with the doctor and was told he did his rounds after midnight! I had to stay all night in the hospital with my sick mother waiting to meet with the doctor! Doctor finally showed up and when he found me in the room waiting he left abruptly!! This was totally unacceptable! Such a horrible experience!

flag | Submitted December 6, 2014

The staff in this office are the worse I have ever dealt with and Dr. Chopra himself had absolutely no bedside manner. I suffered for a couple months and his office kept telling me if my condition was URGENT to go to the ER...which I did around 10 times and each time the ER told me to go see my doctor. His staff would not allow for any sort of urgent appt and wouldn't even take my name in case of cancellation. When I finally had a colonoscopy scheduled for 5PM the surgery center informed me he had SIX people ahead of me an had not even entered the building yet..so I would have to wait several hours.....did not get out until around MIDNIGHT! Not an emergency situation that kept him..it is just how he rolls...no regard for anyones time but his own. Surgery girls are even tired of him! Too bad there ar no NEGATIVE stars on here as he would rate NEGATIVE 100000000!

flag | Submitted August 13, 2014

This is the worst doctor's office I have ever dealt with. It's practically impossible to make an appointment. All you ever get is voicemail. Nobody returns messages. If you finally reach a live human being, they tell you the scheduler will call you back with an appointment, but they never do. Finally reached a human and waited on hold for 20 minutes to speak to the scheduler. Then told I would have to have someone drive me to my appointment physically WAIT in the Dr. office until my procedure was complete + I would not be told of my appt. time until the day of my procedure. Outrageous!@

flag | Submitted February 12, 2014

Worst doctor I have ever seen. Talked to another patient on his cell phone the whole time I was in the room on my appointment. Waited 3 hours for my appointment, and that is after the three people before me cancelled for waiting soooo long.No bedside manner, IN IT FOR THE MONEY ONLY AND DOES NOT CARE ABOUT HIS PATIENTS AT ALL.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2014

I make two attempts to see the Doctor. The first time I waited an hour and half. Asked how much longer and was told at least 2 more hours. I decided not to wait any longer since the room was still full and made another appointment. I was told I would be one of the first to see the doctor, which was a lie!!!! When I arrived the room was full of people again. This time I waited an hour and half. I asked how many people were ahead of me and I was told 7. This meant I would have to wait another two hours before seeing the doctor, so I left and will NEVER go back again!!! I do plan on reporting this doctor to the medical board! He has no right to to treat his patients this way and should be stopped! I have never heard of going to see a doctor at 5:30 in the evening at waiting so long. He may be a good doctor but his customer service sucks!!!!! My time is just as important as his is! But he doesnt respect it or yours!!! Stay away from this doctor if you value your time!!!!

flag | Submitted December 20, 2013

Showed up to his office for a scheduled appointment and noticed the room was full of patients waiting to see the Dr. After 1 hour I over heard the staff saying that the Dr had not even arrived yet. With 6 patients waiting over an hour and he was no where to be found. I ended up leaving and coming back 3 hours later and was finally seen. While I was discussing my upcoming colonoscopy with the Dr, he started dozing off... It appeared he might have been on some type of medication. It was very weird. I felt super uncomfortable. Was I going to trust this man in surgery falling asleep???? I decided to read some reviews to give him the benefit of a doubt and I was shocked and terrified by what I read. Please do some research before you let this man make a horrible mistake with your health or your life. I will be reporting this to my insurance company. They need to be aware of their recomendations.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2013

The worst doctor ever! 4hrs.late to my husbands appt. Once we finally saw him, he was very impolite and didn't seem to be all there.We felt very uncomfortable and left with no questions answerd. Total lack of profesionalism! Will not be going back!!!

flag | Submitted August 21, 2013

Had colonoscopy done 1/18/13 never was told anything of how it was going to be done only told we are going to give you fentanyle two days after procedure I feel very ill. Pain abdominal chills with the pain ive contacted chopras office those nurse give me the run arounds im still in pain Choopra called me on. 1/26/13 at 7:00 pm said you developed an infection after the procedure today 1/29/13 he claims he never told me that im being sent to my family doctor for answer geez my family doctor has nothing to do with this ..I feel like if im being sent home to die and Choopra is not a good doctor he lies about results ..mis diagnosis and never wants to discuss any issues ..this doctor is not bed side manners no respect ..lies ..diagnosis wrong says everything is Normal but its not

flag | Submitted January 29, 2013

Dr. Rakesh Chopra's Credentials

• Hindi

• Univ Coll Of Med Scis, Univ Of Delhi, New Delhi, Delhi, India (Grad. 1976)