Ratings for Dr. Elena V. Barnes

Dr. Barnes is the best there is. I have been going to her for years and she has always been supportive and knows what she is doing.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2018

Worst. Melbourne fl needs a real rheumatologist who can make accurate diagnoses.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2017

Was diagnosed with RA and prescribed plaquenil over the phone by office staff (actually left a message on my answering machine ) . When I made an appt to have diagnosis and meds explained face to face in greater detail, dr Barnes would not commit to diagnosis and stated her office staff took liberties leaving message. She also would not fill out FMLA paperwork; found another dr after reporting her unprofessionalism to office mgr.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2016

Dr. Barnes and her staff have always made time to listen to me and provide excellent care.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2016

Helpful and pleasant, but the best part is that she helps alleviate pain with her methods and choice of medications. We appreciate her healing treatments.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2016

Great Rheumy! She really listens to what your issue is and does anything and everything possible to resolve it. I've recently downgraded my insurance and she has been great working with me to make my treatment affordable. Her staff is great as well. They're very attentive and caring. Overall I'm very happy with Dr Barnes and her staff.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2014

I can't believe she is picky with who she wants to treat. The staff here isn't pleasant, as if they have an air about them.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2014

Becky, her front desk staff, is very efficient and professional. Her nurses are kind and quick to respond to questions and concerns. Dr. Barnes is wonderful! I am grateful that she takes the time to figure out the puzzle that autoimmune can be. After 18 months, I have answers and a treatment plan. Sometimes the appointments run long and I can understand why she doesn't take on new patients frequently....She doesn't rush. She sits with you. Gives you time to ask questions, gives you copies of all your tests, writes on them, explains everything! It's how it should be with every doctor but isn't. She is truly in it for her patients.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2014

As with the 10/26/13 comment. I too, have been waiting months to schedule an appt with Dr. Barnes. She may be very good, but I am going to assume they pick and choose who gets an appt. I have called numerous times and tried using different doctors to get my referral to the top of the pile. Every phone call I make I get told that they are waiting on my doctor for more information. When I call my doctor, they tell me that Dr. Barnes has everything they need, even giving me the confirmation. I also have begged and pleaded to make the appt. They confirmed they have the referral, but will not make the appt. When I asked how far out the doctor is, I was told one month.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2014

Have been seeing Dr Barnes for several years and have received excellent care. Dr Barnes is knowledgeable, willing to try new treatments and stays current with research. The office staff used to be more efficient when office was located on Michigan Ave. With the exception of the woman who takes the calls, and schedules next appointments; she is excellent at what she does. Like many health care offices, there are more patients and just one patient can back up the rest of the morning or afternoon.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2014

Dr. Elena V. Barnes's Credentials

• Jaroslavskij Med Inst, Jaroslavl, Russia (Grad. 1997)

Alliance Health Care