Ratings for Dr. Bennett I. MacHanic

I was referred to Dr. Machanic's office because I had a seizure--he was the only doctor in the practice who I could see quickly, all the other doctors were booked. I was very confused and worried about what could have caused my seizure, but he refused to answer any of my questions in any kind of detail. He wanted me to do a follow up appointment in 8 weeks even though he would have the results from my tests within a couple weeks. He took two weeks to write a report that the insurance company needed to schedule my MRI. When I got a second opinion from another MD, he told me that Dr. Machanic had a reputation for being an "odd duck" and that there was a better doctor in the practice named Dr. Round. However, when I tried to make an appointment with Dr. Round, he told me that there is a policy in their office that the doctors don't see each other's patients.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2008

Absent mninded - forgets what medicine he gave you, can be rude, does not answer messages very well, makes a patient uncomfortable and unsure of what he is doing.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2007

Dr. Bennett I. MacHanic's Credentials

• Johns Hopkins University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1969)