Ratings for Dr. Jim Cheng

I have never experienced such a rude doctor in my life. I would not recommend this doctor to anyone. He is by far the coldest, meanest, rudest doctor on earth. If he is your doctor I suggest getting a new one.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2017

My son committed suicide because of this doctor taking him off the pain meds he needed for acute back pain where he could hardly walk without the medication. We drove him to see dr Chang, treated him as a druggy seeking medication, the good thing was he was willing to put him on appropriate pain meds, but then within a short time took him off cold turkey and said get back to work u don't need anything for pain. He is the reason my son is not alive today. This doctor does not care about people, not experienced, very arrogant, rude, judgmental and skeptical about all his patients. There are no words that do justice in how terrible this doctor is. Please do not see this doctor.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2017

I actually saw Dr. Cheng through Worker's Compensation. He seemed quite knowledgeable about my problem and appears to have found the solution. I would say at first he doesn't seem personable because he is analyzing the situation, but once he has figured it out, he warms up and even makes jokes. Any doctor requires information, the more information you supply and have observed the better. The nurse working through the Millard Centre isn't really friendly though. Everyone else was great, she just seemed to find answering questions annoying. I guess she finds the process annoying, but she needs to remember the patient are not involved in that.

flag | Submitted December 24, 2015

Dont go there. He works at worker comp. That tells you state of mind.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2014

I found Dr. Cheng's manner to be curt, abrupt and he appeared quite disinterested in my overall condition. After a 2hr+ painful late night wait he showed no recognition of the discomfort I was in. After the very briefest of inspections and "diagnosis" he appeared annoyed that I asked for a prescription for the acute pain I was in, and when he did bring the paperwork, he didn't even walk back in the consulting room, just putting his hand around the door! It was in all a text book example of how NOT to attend to a patient. I just can't quite understand why Alberta Health retain such poor staff. (The front office staff in contrast were helpful, courteous and efficient)

flag | Submitted April 20, 2012

i think Dr Cheng is a wonderful caring doctor, he has referred my children to specialist when he seen fit. he is easy to make an appointment with and has always answered all my questions about diagnoses and made me fell very comfortable!

flag | Submitted February 22, 2011

Very good doctor and you can ask him anything! Great secretary too. Office clean and easy to get an appointment.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2010

I really like him. At first I wasn't sure. But I have had a lot of issues over the 2 years, and he's always helped and listened and listens to what I want done. He's great with my girls, and his secretary is fantastic. People have to learn to give Dr.'s some time. You treat them well and they will do the same. Extremely happy, and I've had some really bad Dr's. Sometimes he just has bad days, but usually happy and cares a lot.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2010

Dr. Cheng has a poor bedside manner. He is direct, unsympathetic, and generally condescending. He prescribed three different medications for each of my children, all of whom had similar symptoms. When their symptoms didn't improve, he re-prescribed or changed medications. After four months, I took the youngest to a MediCentre where the doctor on staff told me his hunch and sent us to Stollery Children's Hospital. Three hours later, the hunch was confirmed. I wish Dr. Cheng could have admitted that he didn't know what was ailing my children and refer them to a specialist. I had asked him to, but he wouldn't. My poor children went through months of needless pain because Dr. Cheng couldn't admit that he was human and didn't have all the answers. I would not recommend him, but I think he must be getting ready to retire anyway; he has limited office hours.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2010

Absolute worst physician I've ever seen. He was so rude, I'm surprised he doesn't spit on his patients. I would highly recommend NOT seeing him.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2009