Ratings for Dr. Raul Garcia

Dr. Garcia is simply the best at what he does. You certainly have to take responsibility for asking questions and getting the information you need because he is very busy. I have nothing but highest respect for him and his abilities. I had a retinal tear and it was less than 8 hours between diagnosis and surgery. I had a great result and his follow-up has been great as well. Thanks for all you do Dr. Garcia! (Oh! And his staff is wonderful too!)

flag | Submitted September 19, 2017

Dr Garcias is the best! I do feel sorry for his staff they are so busy but they keep a friendly face at all times. I lost sight in one of my eyes and he was able to restore it....

flag | Submitted June 28, 2017

Staff has favorites, your appointment time means nothing. Sat for 2hrs. People come in later then you but get in and leave before you. My mother is 90 years old, made to wait 2 hrs after her appointment time so their favorited people get in first

flag | Submitted April 19, 2017

I feel so very lucky to have him take care of my eye. I saw him today and feel very comfortable about the procedure is goin to perform in a couple weeks .

flag | Submitted March 23, 2017

Although I am sure that Dr. Garcia is very competent, his bedside manners are deplorable. The patients that he mostly sees are elderly and he overbooks them so they have to wait for hours at a time for their eye injections. Empathy can go a long way with patients and their family members, but this is a concept that Dr. Garcia fails to understand. I guess it's hard to see past the dollar signs when it comes to patient care. It would go a long way to explain to the patient the diagnosis, treatment plan and expected outcomes. Too bad there aren't many other options in Southern SK for these types of procedures.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2017

Dr Garcia did laser surgery on my right eye for two retina tears. He did not interact with me or give me any indication what to expect during the procedure. The freezing he used did not work and the procedure was extremely painful and traumatic. At one point I completely lost vision in the eye and wasn't sure if this was normal or he slipped up because he didn't afford any information. Although the doctor may have done a very good surgery, I was very disappointed with the doctors bedside manner and professionalism.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2016

Dr. Raul Garcia is a wonderful doctor! Read my story here: http://morleyevans.blogspot.ca/2016/06/thank-you-dr-garcia-salinas_59.html

flag | Submitted July 8, 2016

I work in the medical field as a nurse. Dr. Garcia is possibly the best at what he does in Canada, if not the world. His peers agree. He also travels to offer his services to people who cannot afford it. A strong, quiet man he focusses on the task at hand and takes his responsibility to the payient seriously. I am also a diabetic and even with the quantity of patients this man looks after, I sense he takes a personal interest in making sure the job is done to perfection. His reputation is important to him as is the work he does and the patients he takes care of. Don't mistake his calm, professional demeanour as rudeness. He is a class act and a gifted one. I agree with his peers - the man is brilliant at what he does and this city is incredibly fortunate to have him!

flag | Submitted February 23, 2016

Dr. Garcia fixed a detached retina in my right eye last year. It was an emergency and he performed the surgery within 4 hours to fix the problem. That day like everyday his office was swamped with patients. I can understand him being so abrupt as he is a very busy man. Bottom line is the surgery was a success but still have a problem with a cataract effecting the same eye which hinders vision. I echo those that said Regina is blessed to have him. He is a highly recommended doctor.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2015

Dr. Garcia: I have a had serious eye problems due to diabetes and am fortunate to have been referred to him. Over the past year, I have watched patients prepped for procedures suddenly argue with Dr. G if they need them or not. I have watched adults twitch and jump in the chair so the procedure took much longer then necessary and of course many retirees wishing to make small talk. The Doctor restores and preserves the vision of many people in the province, please understand that it can be painful, do your own research and ask informed questions and above all be respectful of his time. If he allows you to waste a couple of minutes, me to waste a couple of minutes, the next guy ...... someone else suffers at the end. Talk to your optometrist, research your condition take responsibility for your health

flag | Submitted December 30, 2014