Ratings for Dr. Howard J. Ovens

Dr ovens was very quick methodical with great bedside manner

flag | Submitted September 7, 2016

Dr.Ovens has been the director of ER for 25+ years!That's because he's a superbly competent ER physician who needs,and brings advanced knowledge,judgement,and experience in every medical speciality,in order to deal with the multiple and varied emergencies he meets. As a regisered nurse with >30 yrs experience,I tell you that I both respect and am in awe of Dr. Ovens.Further to that,he is a person of integrity,good character and kindness. You are the only person I have ever known to attempt to sully his excellent reputation. Clearly you are still alive,and filled with misery,rather than being grateful for each day.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2013

My journey as a malpractice survivor started with Dr. Ovens. He misdiagnosed me and delayed appropriate treatment. He wasn't the only screw-up on the team, but he was the one who got the ball rolling. Good bedside manner but that isn't enough.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2011

Dr. Ovens is an exceptional doctor. His treatment of me in emergency and afterwards was of the very best. If anyone is lucky enough to have him treat you, you will be in the very best of hands. He ordered an MRI for me in one day and it was read the same day, and he gave me exactly the right medication.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2009

I was treated by Dr. Overn in the ER at Mt. Sinai - he was very professional,kind, and really listened to me as I described my symptoms. He ordered various tests, and kept popping into the examination room to see how I was feeling and to update my husband and I with the test results. I believe Dr. Ovens in the head of the ER, and I know why.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2008

I had serious pain in my ear when I was treated by Dr. Ovens in the ER. He cleared up the condition in no time. A really good and friendly ER doctor.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2007