Ratings for Dr. Dev Maragh

Dr Maragh was a god send when I needed him most, he had tears in his eyes when my spouse, also a patient of his was killed, a truly compassionate man that I miss terribly as my physician. He treated me for 5 years and was nothing but kind, respectful and knowledgeable, most of all if he didn't know what the issue was he would research it and I appreciated that rather than guess..

flag | Submitted September 22, 2011

On a scale of 1-5, I give Dr. Maragh a 6 in all categories. He is a FANTASTIC doctor and he will be sadly missed by everyone here, especially me and my mom :P Where ever he goes next, they will be very lucky patients. I would be greatful to find a new "doc" that is even half as competent, compassionate and conscientious as he is. ***Best of luck to you doctor, and maybe you will find another mother/daughter duo just to keep things interesting***

flag | Submitted June 3, 2009

Dr Maragh has made a significant impact on my life. He was able to catch issues in my health before they became serious problems and he is always professional in listening to my concerns and evaluating what is best for me as a whole person with various challenges not just finding a remedy to a specific textbook symptom. He is an incredible doctor and I am very lucky to have him as my medical professional. I would highly recommend him. His staff has always managed to schedule me in within my requested time frame.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2009

I have had Dr. Maragh for a number of years now. I have and will continue to trust him with my life. I became extremely ill 4 yrs ago and he was at the hospital when I needed him the most. Yes he looks at his medical books but I would rather him do that then do what some doctors do and prescribe the wrong medicine. He also has enough confidence in himself to admit when we need to see a specialist and sends you there. He does not have a GOD complex. He is personable and I love his friendly receiptionist. He cares and it shows. Saint John has a dedicated and kind man and we should do all we can to keep him in Saint John.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2008

I have been a patient of Dr Maragh for several years now. I trust him completely and he has never let me down. He is competent in his diagnosis and sends you to specialists immediately when needed. He not only treats you but also follows up to be sure that everything is going the way it should and if not he immediately makes changes to assure you are getting the best treatment. Kutos to Dr Maragh.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2007

Dr. Maragh has been and knowledgeable in diagnosing and treating my medical problems

flag | Submitted May 17, 2007

I found Dr. Maragh to be not only an excellent source of medical information, but also highly respectful and comforting when dealing with end of life (terminal illness). His flexibility extended to home visits and he was always very careful to understand the needs of the patient (how much they wanted to know, how much detail to extend into) before, during and after consultation. He was often the first and only doctor to provide an honest, straight answer to difficult questions and has my utmost respect both as a doctor and a person. Should you ever have need of a doctor and have the opportunity to become Dr. Maragh's patient, I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2007

I have just read all the previous posts. I am confused. I have been a patient of Dr. Maragh for 4+ years. Never once have I seen him check a medical book. I work in health care and I hate to go to doctors.. But I needed a doctor and he has been nothing but respectful and patient with me... I know am feeling healthy and wish to thank him for helping me get there...

flag | Submitted March 30, 2007

I have been with Dr. Maragh for a couple years now and i thik that he is great. He is always looking in his book, but for those of you who think that this is a problem, and a waste of time, it is not, you should be glad that he is taking the time to proporly diagnos you. I took the medical assistant course, and the amount of things that man knows would blow your mind. With him even if he knows it he always double checks, that's what you call a good doctor, he is not rushing to get you out of there like must doctors do. As far as his asking personal questions, he does do that as well i agree, but this gives him a true feel of who you are, and how you deal, how you think, it builds a relationship with his patients. He wants to know you, that is also something you should be greatful for. I give him a high rating, he is definitly with out a dought one of the best.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2007

I have been a patient of Dr. Maragh for about 3 years. I have the utmost confidence in him.He is such a sincere, caring and empathetic doctor who sees his patients as human beings and not just cases. He is a very competent, organized and skilful diagnostician. I really value his commitment, understanding and honesty. I like the fact that he listens and asks questions as it gives him a better and more complete picture of me as a patient. As far as punctuality, most doctors are extremely busy and it is not uncommon in my experience with other doctors to wait for an appointment. And with Dr. Maragh, it is worth the wait. :) He is a physician that will listen to problems, act accordingly and follow up with appropriate actions. What more can a person ask??

flag | Submitted March 13, 2007