Ratings for Dr. Patricia Johannson

This dr is just ok, I guess. Been seeing her for years and I can't say she's at all familiar with me. Doesn't listen too well, or if she does, doesn't seem to care about what my symptoms/problems are. The whole reason I actually am leaving a review is because of that secretary, alison. Holy cow. Seriously, what a horrible, mean woman. Every time I want an appointment she tries to convince me that she's not actually my Doctor. I don't know what on earth she thinks that, I've been seeing that dr for years even before she started working there. I wish I knew of a place I could report her so she could at least learn some tact. The way she talks to people, whoa. What a b*tch.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2016

Dr. Johannson has been wonderful, however the secretary is the pits. Runs the front office like an army command post. Sad.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2015

I have been her patient for 8 years and find her extremely efficient. She understands that we are our own worst critics and that is why she asks what she can do for you at the onset of the appointment. Then she will judge if it is relevant or not. She is always willing to refer you for more testing and takes your feelings into consideration. That said, she does not waste her time or yours. So know what you want and prepare yourself before you go for your visit. Have your notes and ask your questions, and she will respond and make sure that you have what you need to calm your fears. I really appreciate her.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2015

I have no problems with Dr. J. She is efficient, wastes no time during the visits. However, her secretary Linda at Esprit Sport is terrible. She is extremely rude and pretends not to hear you when you speak to her. She ignores you and if/when she chooses to respond, she does it abruptly. She makes it feel as though you are bothering her. She definitely had a negative effect on my visit to Dr. Johansson.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2012

I have been Dr. J's patient for 3 years.Very reasonable waiting time.She took her time for all my health issues and her care resulted in very good results. She also had time and concern for "less urgent" issues,that were important to me.Her personality might not be everyone's cup of tea, but she is not in popularity business contest.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2012

Agree with all of the negative comments. Starts off with "what can I do for you"... she doesn't ask screening questions, and even though I have been there for at least 7 years, she doesn't remember me. I keep going there because of the lack of GPs, at least I can get referrals to docs that actually do something. She is proof that our medical system is flawed.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2011

My first impression of her was very good. She seemed attentive, down-to-earth, and very pleasant. However, if you have a serious issue, you may need to obtain a second opinion or do some research (if you are qualified). She is not particularly knowledgeable or up to date on pretty common health problems. Her initial diagnosis of one particular problem was completely off, afterwards, she still did not send for the appropriate tests and results seem to get lost (may or may not be her fault).

flag | Submitted October 19, 2011

I waited 2 hours for a 7 minute consultation. She appeared knowledgeable, but the 2 hour wait was intolerable. No one apologized, in fact it seemed to be an ordinary occurrence.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2011

expect to wait over an hour for a scheduled appointment, she is NEVER on time. it seems that the clinic has gone out of their way to hire the most abrasive, unpleasant, and blatantly rude secretary as is humanly possible.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2010

I went to see Dr. Johannson because I was experiencing tingling in my foot. I had asked my physiotherapist to fax my x-ray results to her but she never received them. I don't know who was responsible or to blame for that. However, even though she did not have my results she listened to me and answered all of my questions. Given the fact, I did not have my x-ray report I'm grateful she took the time to answer my questions and even told me to get a cat -scan completed - something my family doctor should have done. She is opinionated. Her bedside manner wasn't fantastic but in a doctor I prefer brutal honesty, hard- to - hear facts,rather than sugar-coating-"everything-will-be-fine" type comments when things aren't fine. I'm very grateful to Dr. Johannson - I think she is a good diagnostician. If it weren't for her-it would have taken me so much longer to discover that I had a severly herniated disc. Don't go see her expecting to find a friend, see her because she's a good doctor.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2010