Ratings for Dr. William Hart

This was my experience with Dr. Hart and PAMF Sleep center: My experience was that the doctor seemed very knowledgeable but maybe a little misleading in the process to test for sleep apnea. I met with him and was told the procedure is to do a home study test first, then use that for approval for an in-facility sleep study. I was also told that the insurance companies have a new policy concerning this and it is required. I believed him, but have since discovered the truth. I went in to pick up the gear for the test. Went home and it did not work. I then questioned why I had to do two tests? The assistant waffled and I then knew something was amiss. I called my pension and health and Anthem blue cross and was told the same thing-- it's not required. Not only that, but after I made a few calls, I found out you ONLY need the home study! I would have been charged $4,000 instead of $850 for two tests!!! I'm doing a home study with another company.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2013

I really appreciate the way Dr Hart listens, and takes time to explain treatment options. He was very committed to making sure I understood the importance of my using a CPAP machine, and was extremely helpful in providing the support I needed to have it work for me. I have already recommended him to friends. Also, the sleep center at Santa Cruz Medical foundation is new, clean and comfortable (under the circumstances).

flag | Submitted September 24, 2009

Dr. William Hart's Credentials

• Ponce School Of Medicine (Grad. 1986)

Kaiser-Permanente