Ratings for Dr. John Hagen

Dr.Hagen is such an amazing doctor, so glad that he done my surgery!!!

flag | Submitted September 11, 2017

I am so thankful I had Dr Hagen. He is such a nice guy - bed side manner was amazing. He made me so at ease and he did an excellent job on my sugery. Anyone who gets him as a doctor should be thanksfull because they will be in great hands! Thanks you Dr Hagen for my new beginning!!!

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

Incredible surgeon, clear, helpful and excellent bedside manner

flag | Submitted October 27, 2016

I can't say enough positive about Dr.Hagen. he did my gastric bypass Sept.14 2015. He was compassionate and caring. He understands your fears, anticipation and is not de-sensitized to your feelings. He takes his time, answers your questions and stays on top of you as his lifelong patient. I've had 2 setbacks , one in June and the other July/August admitting me into hospital both times for fall bladder, ulcer and hernia issues for some surgery. Both times he took care of me and did not rush me out of the hospital. He does not take any chances with your health. He made sure I was good. I'm so grateful to know I have him as my doctor. You can trust your health and decisions with him. I highly recommend him for any of your medical needs.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2016

Amazing surgeon..I would recommend him to anyone having gastric bypass. Very compassionate, knowledgeable, and informative. Bed side manner is top notch!!!!!

flag | Submitted August 23, 2016

I needed a toenail surgically removed but he let his resident intern do it... disaster. .. became infected 1 day later... had to return to the hospital for antibiotics and pain killers and had to take a week off work so the swelling would go down. ER doc asked me who did this to you? The injection sites where the freezing was injected hurt for more than a month.... follow up appointment was rescheduled for a month later. When I arrived I was rudely told by secretary that I was 15 mins late but I told her that I wasn't. She tried to reschedule me again but I told her that I wasn't leaving until I saw doctor unless it was in handcuffs. Doctor was apologetic for all the issues with my toe... bye-bye that's it. Pointless! I wish I had returned to doc at Sunnybrook ER for surgery.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2016

Best Dr ever saved my life when ever other Dr turned me awayvsaying they couldn't help. He seen me and had me in surgery within 3 weeks and found the issue which is very rare with gastric by pass. His bedside manner is amazing

flag | Submitted May 17, 2016

Dr Hagen performed successful surgery on both my dad and I.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2016

Great dr, great personality, great team: dr Ivan Hsia, nurse Debbie Esson and Yun Cui. My gratitude to all of you. I hope dr Hagen will be there many years for all of us.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2016

I was mistakenly referred to Dr. Hagen for Massive Hernia Repair because he does not have access to the 'biologic mesh' that is required for my case. Instead of referring me to the proper surgeon for my case, he simply booked a 'follow-up' appointment with himself. If I had not gone back to my original referrer, who knows how long he would have allowed me to continue in consultation with a Doctor that had no provision to help me.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2015