Ratings for Dr. John Hagen

He is an amazing surgeon and doctor. Staff are friendly and helpful.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2018

Dr. Hagen performed an inguinal hernia repair on me. Based on my experience so far, I have come to the conclusion that Dr. Hagen may well be among the best general surgeons in the GTA.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2018

Although I was very scared (this was not a planned surgery), I was immediately put at ease with Dr Hagen's wonderful staff, and then meeting Dr Hagen himself. I was treated very well and all my fears were assuaged after just a few moments of conversation with this very compassionate person. I was treated/assured with the utmost respect during my whole inpatient experience! Very knowledgeable and compassionate!

flag | Submitted February 7, 2018

Amazing surgeon. Thankful he was my surgeon. Highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2017

Dr.Hagen is such an amazing doctor, so glad that he done my surgery!!!

flag | Submitted September 11, 2017

I am so thankful I had Dr Hagen. He is such a nice guy - bed side manner was amazing. He made me so at ease and he did an excellent job on my sugery. Anyone who gets him as a doctor should be thanksfull because they will be in great hands! Thanks you Dr Hagen for my new beginning!!!

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

Incredible surgeon, clear, helpful and excellent bedside manner

flag | Submitted October 27, 2016

I can't say enough positive about Dr.Hagen. he did my gastric bypass Sept.14 2015. He was compassionate and caring. He understands your fears, anticipation and is not de-sensitized to your feelings. He takes his time, answers your questions and stays on top of you as his lifelong patient. I've had 2 setbacks , one in June and the other July/August admitting me into hospital both times for fall bladder, ulcer and hernia issues for some surgery. Both times he took care of me and did not rush me out of the hospital. He does not take any chances with your health. He made sure I was good. I'm so grateful to know I have him as my doctor. You can trust your health and decisions with him. I highly recommend him for any of your medical needs.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2016

Amazing surgeon..I would recommend him to anyone having gastric bypass. Very compassionate, knowledgeable, and informative. Bed side manner is top notch!!!!!

flag | Submitted August 23, 2016

I needed a toenail surgically removed but he let his resident intern do it... disaster. .. became infected 1 day later... had to return to the hospital for antibiotics and pain killers and had to take a week off work so the swelling would go down. ER doc asked me who did this to you? The injection sites where the freezing was injected hurt for more than a month.... follow up appointment was rescheduled for a month later. When I arrived I was rudely told by secretary that I was 15 mins late but I told her that I wasn't. She tried to reschedule me again but I told her that I wasn't leaving until I saw doctor unless it was in handcuffs. Doctor was apologetic for all the issues with my toe... bye-bye that's it. Pointless! I wish I had returned to doc at Sunnybrook ER for surgery.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2016