Ratings for Dr. Maryse Mazerolle

I love Dr. Maryse Mazerolle, she takes the time to listen to my concerns and she has been the most helpful family doctor I have ever had. I can always get in to see her, she is always friendly and willing to listen to my concerns! I never want to loose her as a doctor, she knows her stuff and I never leave feeling disappointed or confused!

flag | Submitted January 31, 2017

I had to see her because my other doctor was on vacation a couple weeks ago, and she is by far the WORST doctor I've EVER had. In terms of helpfulness, she knows her stuff, and knows what to prescribe. However, her people skills are the WORST I've ever experienced from a medical doctor. She literally told me to get out right after she gave me the prescription, and would rush me to get out of her office when I was getting my stuff. I hope she gets spoken to about her poor behaviour towards her patients. Ever since then, I have always requested to see a different doctor at the office.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2016

Dr. Mazerolle recently joined the health team my previous (retired) family doctor was part of. The administration has been bad for as long as I can remember (25+ years) - it seems almost impossible to book an appointment by phone and the wait times have always been long. That being said, it's worth the wait to see Dr. Mazerolle! She has been friendly, professional, helpful, and very informative, whether it relates to basic information or emotionally difficult medical decisions. After a year or so under her care, I've moved to another city and am sad to have to find a new family doctor.

flag | Submitted February 29, 2016

I'm shocked to read all of the recent negative reviews about Dr. Mazerolle. I have always found her to be on-time, knowledgable, approachable, an excellent communicator and not at all quick to grab her prescription pad. Yes - its unfortunate that she is moving back to Toronto, and yes its too bad that she was unable to get another female doctor to take over her patients but maybe that's because all of the currently practicing female doctors are not accepting patients and another suitable female doctor was not available. Doctors are people too, with tough decisions to make - maybe she got tired of her commute, maybe she needs to spend more time with her young child, who knows why she left the Durham region. She communicated her decision to leave and found her patients another doctor - what more can you ask for? I personally will follow her to Toronto, the level of care she provides is worth the drive for myself and my young daughter.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2010

Am not at all surprised she is leaving--she was hardly there it seemed. She was only in her office 3 days a week at most and never the same 3 days. This rates very low on the 'Helpfulness' scale. It was like constantly playing 'telephone tag' to get to talk to her office....always having to leave a message and waiting around for it to be returned in a few days by the secretary. If this doctor only wants to work part time, then let the patients know so they can make an informed decision upon looking for a committed new doctor. Unfortunately, this reflects badly on women doctors. Patients are not 'part time' sick; they are sick 24/7, not just 3 days a week at her convenience. I wanted a female doctor, finally got one but ended up very disappointed. I saw the doctors at the walk-in clinic as much or more as I saw my own doctor. Hopefully a male doctor is prepared to make a fuller commitment to his patients. This part time attitude could cost someone their life one day!

flag | Submitted October 24, 2010

Once again I am given only an hour and a half notice for an appointment cancellation for my 13 month old. Enough is enough - I didn't even reschedule because it would be cancelled again (3 appointments cancelled in 6 months all last minute). I would rather go to a walk in clinc because their receptionists might not be as useless and as rude as her receptionist. Dr's when leaving should care about patients they've had for years - instead of cancelling and ignoring requests to see them.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2010

Very disappointed that after waiting out her maternity leave she suddenly decided to leave Durham. I think we should have been informed that she was deciding whether to return or not. There are lots of patients but few women doctors in this area. The answering machine that won't let you leave a message just seems rude to me. I have been trying to get test results for 3 days now.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2010

Getting an appointment is very difficult as the receptionist is very rude and not helpful and NEVER answers the phone or returns phone calls. Dr. Mazerolle was very polite and helpful but at times I felt very rushed and she didn't seem informed as she did appear to read the reports from referring doctors on the progress of my condition. With Dr. Mazerolle leaving her practice it puts female patients who specifically requested a female physician in an uncomfortable situation.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2010

I used to like her but since she came back from maternity she had no avaiability. Her receptionist is useless and rude. I had my daughter's dr appt scheduled, had to leave work early and luckily i had to stop at home first because there was a message cancelling her appointment - what is the point of taking an alternate phone number if no one uses it? She is also leaving and her replacement is a male dr - there is a reason why people request a female dr. Hopefully she tends to her patients in Toronto better than in Durham.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2010

I have had Dr Mazerolle for 3 years and find that she is very punctual, very knowledgeable, and cares about what you think and feel. I highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2009