Ratings for Dr. Stephen Hudson

Dr. Hudson and his team are wonderful. He was so patient with all our questions and gave very clear answers. They made sure we understood what was happening every step of the way during our IVF cycle. We are so thankful for their help and care and they were able to help us conceive.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2018

Outstanding care and respect, we're truly grateful. Thank you for being an excellent doctor and a wonderful person.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2018

VFC is fine as an IVF place but the same as anywhere else really - the procedures are all pretty standard and some of his staff are condescending. Dr H was very nice at first, I think later he lost interest. The lab is average. Dr G is very good; it's a good idea to have more doctors so patient care is bolstered. Overall a good place if you live on the island.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2018

His bedside manner is awful- I asked for a copy of my husbands analysis and Dr. Hudson rolled his eyes and asked if we also wanted a photo of his assistant. She looked confused then left the room. He has also not been helpful in making a treatment plan for me- he seems to have limited knowledge about my conditions/situation and I’ve had to do my own research and then ask him for things. Follow up has been non-exsistent and I’ve been left to communicate through his front desk- which at least they have been compassionate and helpful! I’m going to Vancouver now..

flag | Submitted March 28, 2018

Everyone my wife 43 and I are having our child through the clinic. I am thankful beyond words because we prayed and suffered and went through so many places and finally god helped us find the clinic. Please make sure to try this clinic and stick with the process as it takes sometimes a few tries and this is a world class place with doctors and staff that truest care. For instance we would have questions at 1am and the doctor would both dr Graham and Hudson would answer the next day. Good luck to you all hope truly your dreams are answered.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2018

Dr. Hudson is an amazing doctor !! I feel so lucky to have found him for my fertility treatments. He is extremely experienced, knowledgeable, and caring. More importantly, he gave me a baby with my first try at IVF. I highly recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2017

Dr. Hudson and his staff are by far the most incredible group of medical practitioners I have had the privilege of being a patient of. I flew into Victoria from Calgary to receive IVF after a number of my friends and acquaintances highly recommended Dr. Hudson. He was kind, unbelievably available, hands-on and so knowledgable. I felt heard, cared for, understood and included. He and his team did a great job explaining the process to me, and provided me with a number of additional reading resources to help me understand why I needed IVF and what the process was going to look like. I was overweight, and after my consultation with him I understood how weight loss would enhance my chances of conceiving. He even gave me resources that he has found worked well for other patients. I know it may sound strange, but I really formed a fantastic relationship with him and his team and they really made the IVF journey special and positively memorable for my husband and I. I hands down highly recommend Dr. Hudson and VFC.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2017

After waiting 6 months and trying almost 5 years i was very disappointed during our first consultation. I work in health care and have had weight issues all my life but his frank rude approach to telling me i needed to lose weight was uncalled for. minimal bedside manner considering at our first meeting he wanted an internal ultrasound during my period so with my husband in the room he yanks out my tampon without warning or explaining what he's doing. BUT the silver lining is his counter part Dr. Graham is Amazing!! approachable, knowledgeable and empathetic while providing multiple treatment choices when possible.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2017

First things first - IVF is big business and it shows across many of the clinics, unfortunately. Dr. Hudson's staff made mistakes with my treatment plan, medication, Dr Hudson made no apology whatsoever. Most clinical co-ordinators are not nurses, but the nurses are very pleasant. Reviews like "got pregnant after one IVF with Dr Hudson" are misleading and misguided - everyone, including all the IVF doctors, know that it's up to nature and all they do is give you medication to induce the ovulation process. Good luck everyone.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2017

Staff are hit and miss. Dr Hudson is busy and just gives generic advice. Not worth travelling to Victoria for this care whatsoever!

flag | Submitted May 24, 2017