Ratings for Dr. Stephen Hudson

Dr. Hudson is an amazing doctor !! I feel so lucky to have found him for my fertility treatments. He is extremely experienced, knowledgeable, and caring. More importantly, he gave me a baby with my first try at IVF. I highly recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2017

Dr. Hudson and his staff are by far the most incredible group of medical practitioners I have had the privilege of being a patient of. I flew into Victoria from Calgary to receive IVF after a number of my friends and acquaintances highly recommended Dr. Hudson. He was kind, unbelievably available, hands-on and so knowledgable. I felt heard, cared for, understood and included. He and his team did a great job explaining the process to me, and provided me with a number of additional reading resources to help me understand why I needed IVF and what the process was going to look like. I was overweight, and after my consultation with him I understood how weight loss would enhance my chances of conceiving. He even gave me resources that he has found worked well for other patients. I know it may sound strange, but I really formed a fantastic relationship with him and his team and they really made the IVF journey special and positively memorable for my husband and I. I hands down highly recommend Dr. Hudson and VFC.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2017

After waiting 6 months and trying almost 5 years i was very disappointed during our first consultation. I work in health care and have had weight issues all my life but his frank rude approach to telling me i needed to lose weight was uncalled for. minimal bedside manner considering at our first meeting he wanted an internal ultrasound during my period so with my husband in the room he yanks out my tampon without warning or explaining what he's doing. BUT the silver lining is his counter part Dr. Graham is Amazing!! approachable, knowledgeable and empathetic while providing multiple treatment choices when possible.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2017

First things first - IVF is big business and it shows across many of the clinics, unfortunately. Dr. Hudson's staff made mistakes with my treatment plan, medication, Dr Hudson made no apology whatsoever. Most clinical co-ordinators are not nurses, but the nurses are very pleasant. Reviews like "got pregnant after one IVF with Dr Hudson" are misleading and misguided - everyone, including all the IVF doctors, know that it's up to nature and all they do is give you medication to induce the ovulation process. Good luck everyone.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2017

Staff are hit and miss. Dr Hudson is busy and just gives generic advice. Not worth travelling to Victoria for this care whatsoever!

flag | Submitted May 24, 2017

Awesome physician! He even answered my questions on Easter Sunday. Truly cares about his patients.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2017

Very kind person and an excellent doctor. His staff is amazing at VFC

flag | Submitted March 31, 2017

My husband and I saw Doctor Hudson after waiting over six months for a referral and over two years of trying to conceive. When we saw him, he had not bothered to review our file or the tests we had had to date, and had to be asked to check the online digital database to call up our most recent test results. He was poorly prepared, his bedside manner left a lot to be desired (if you're going to stick an ultrasound want up my va-J-J(this forum doesn't allow anatomical descriptions), perhaps you need some perspective?) and he failed to make basic lifestyle/health assessment queries before rendering his medical perspective - basically, he gave a blanket statement without any bearing on our unique situation. I suggested his focus was flawed, his research and treatment base was bull-poopy, and left - if a specialist i've waited months to see can't be bothered to review the file prior to the initial appointment, what is he worth? I work in health care, I never see a patient without reading their file first, I was very disappointed that Doctor Hudson does not accord his patients the same respect.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2017

Excellent Physician. Glad I was sent here by the Quadra Village Medical clinic.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2017

Absolutely incredible, gentle, kind, and knowledgable doctor.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2016