Ratings for Dr. Michael J. Horwath

flag | Submitted April 22, 2016

flag | Submitted February 23, 2016

flag | Submitted September 29, 2015

flag | Submitted June 24, 2015

Along with what others saying I will have to agree. The staff is rude and this has caused me to move on to another doctor. It is so unnecessary to treat patients that way.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2015

Solid endo. However dealing with the staff is a pain. I had to reschedule one appointment because of a suicide of a friend. After calling to reschedule they flatly said they were not going to attempt to reschedule me in a very pissy tone. After explaining they situation they said their was nothing they could do and still refused to reschedule the appointment and attempted to charge me for it. Obviously left a bit of a bad taste in my mouth. After trying to come in to schedule an appointment and refill me meds they said the next available appointment wasn't until 6 months until now. When I asked how to get a refill they told me to find another doctor to do it because they wouldn't.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2014

I have been going to Dr Michael Horwath nine years. I am very pleased with the care I receive. He takes time to listen to my concerns and help me sort them out. I would recommend him to friends and love ones.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2014

Have been a patient of Dr Horwaths for years. The overwhelming negative comments onthe staff are very accurate. A friend of mine stopped going because of the staff's rudeness. As we all know, it's a pain to look for another doc, so I just keep going once a year. I never look forward to calling bcuz i know it'll be a challenge to ask for anything. Dr. Horwath has been a good doc for me, but I can surely see what others say negatively about him. He can seem indifferent.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2014

Great Doctor, however, his front desk staff are rude and very unavailable!

flag | Submitted September 29, 2014

Terrible doctor! Stay away! I waited several month in order to see him. I was thinking that he would help me with hypothyroid symptoms. I told his that I experienced bad fatigue, insomnia, numbness in my left arm, every day headache and awful hair loss. I showed him my lab results that was made 6 months before. My TSH was normal at that time, but my T4 and T3 was low. He didn't pay attention at all. He said my thyroid was fine. He even didn't retest me. And he sent me away. I was suffering another several month thinking that "professional doctor" could not make a mistake. What a fool I was. Then I found another doctor who immediately put me on Armour Thyroid. In 3 week I was normal alive person again. My hair loss stopped, my insomnia improved together with other symptoms. Shame on you Dr. Horwath! Because of you I was suffering a lot, and I am a single mom. I could barely took care of my son. I am so happy I found a real doctor now.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2014

Dr. Michael J. Horwath's Credentials

• George Washington University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1983)

Kaiser-Permanente

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I recommend this Dr. for type 2 diabetics. He is up tp date, on time, explains himself and the condition and perscribes medication only if necessary."

April 22, 2016
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "If you want to wait for months and cannot change your appointments after several month, go."

February 23, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I adore Dr. Horwath and his staff. They are very helpful, caring, kind, and knowledgeable. Dr. Howarth really listens and has a wonderful bedside manner!!"

September 29, 2015
  • A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "Good doctor, but absolutely the most uncaring, patient unfriendly staff I have ever encountered."

June 24, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Along with what others saying I will have to agree. The staff is rude and this has caused me to move on to another doctor. It is so unnecessary to treat patie..."

February 21, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "Solid endo. However dealing with the staff is a pain. I had to reschedule one appointment because of a suicide of a friend. After calling to reschedule they fla..."

December 9, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have been going to Dr Michael Horwath nine years. I am very pleased with the care I receive. He takes time to listen to my concerns and help me sort them out...."

December 8, 2014
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "Have been a patient of Dr Horwaths for years. The overwhelming negative comments onthe staff are very accurate. A friend of mine stopped going because of the ..."

November 13, 2014
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "Great Doctor, however, his front desk staff are rude and very unavailable!"

September 29, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' rating (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=6073'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 3.7

February 5, 2014