Ratings for Dr. F. Scott Perrino

After 11 years of getting pills pusgat me and waiting 2 to 3 hours to be seen, I called it quits today. Dr. Perino has a good heart. But no respect for anyone's time.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2018

I have been in his office after 11 PM more than once. Staff does not return pharmacy calls for prior authorizations or routine refills. He refuses to give refills on routine drugs taken for years. Stuff like a statins or blood pressure, or other drugs used routinely for conditions like Diabetes. He insists on an office visit for every prescription which means you have to give up a whole day just to get your routine medications. Also, no matter how minor the visit with him is, he always bills the insurance co for an extended visit. Check your statements.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2018

DO Not fall for this guy. I was a patient for a few years 2010-2013 and wrongly diagnosed with Narcolepsy. Guy wore dirty sweats and has no problem giving out ridiculous amounts of Big Pharma without sufficient testing. I should be dead. 3-5 hour wait times and often heard him cussing out his staff when he was in a bad mood. He shakes like he is on too much of his own medicine. I had to detox off all his meds with the help of a Real doctor. Thankfully I'm alive to write this and my Narcolepsy magically dissappeared. Do yourself a favor and see a Naturopath or Functional MD. Run from this place as fast as you can.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2018

Seen him for over 20'years although caring and knowledgable can't do the long wait times which can be over 5 hours

flag | Submitted March 2, 2018

This man thinks nothing of making you wait 3 hours for an appointment. Do yourself a favor and find another doctor. I don't know how you could call yourself a professional and care nothing about your patients time

flag | Submitted July 19, 2017

I have been seeing Dr Perrino for 17yrs the wait has always been long but he is a very good Dr. He is one of the few who cares about the people he is treating, not how many people he can treat.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2016

10 am didnt get seen til 430 an yelled at over med list

flag | Submitted March 8, 2016

Good doctor but waiting until 2pm for a 10am appt is outrageous.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr Perrino's for several years, he really is one of the most caring and knowledgable Dr's I have ever worked with. He is very honest - some people just can't handle that though… When I ask him questions he is very detailed and patient to explain his answer thoroughly. It is true that sometimes the wait time is longer than I would like - but his staff are awesome - I love them all. I see him maybe twice a year - and they all remember me by name, they always ask about my husband and the trips we take. In this day and age where Dr's are just rushing through appointments to fill their books and don't care about people - just numbers - he is a rare find.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2015

The most unprofessional doctor/office staff I have ever encountered as a patient and as a health care professional. The minimum I have waited is 3 hrs. He was 6 hrs behind today and then refused to see me at 930 pm after office staff told me to come. Actually proceeded to yell loudly at me in front of another patient telling me to leave his office. Office and he are unkempt and dirty. Hands out meds like candy. Told me without any sleep study results that he "knows" I have narcolepsy and that I needed to take xyrem. After researching him online found that he used to get paid by the manufacturers of xyrem to promote the drug to other doctors for off label use for sleeping disorders. Doctor says he has narcolepsy and takes xyrem himself. This man is sick and has no business practicing medicine. This was the second time he lost control and became irate (literally shaking with anger) with me. DO NOT SEE THIS MAN. HE IS A NIGHTMARE.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2014

Dr. F. Scott Perrino's Credentials

• University Of South Florida College Of Medicine (Grad. 1990)