Ratings for Dr. F. Scott Perrino

This man thinks nothing of making you wait 3 hours for an appointment. Do yourself a favor and find another doctor. I don't know how you could call yourself a professional and care nothing about your patients time

flag | Submitted July 19, 2017

I have been seeing Dr Perrino for 17yrs the wait has always been long but he is a very good Dr. He is one of the few who cares about the people he is treating, not how many people he can treat.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2016

10 am didnt get seen til 430 an yelled at over med list

flag | Submitted March 8, 2016

Good doctor but waiting until 2pm for a 10am appt is outrageous.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr Perrino's for several years, he really is one of the most caring and knowledgable Dr's I have ever worked with. He is very honest - some people just can't handle that though… When I ask him questions he is very detailed and patient to explain his answer thoroughly. It is true that sometimes the wait time is longer than I would like - but his staff are awesome - I love them all. I see him maybe twice a year - and they all remember me by name, they always ask about my husband and the trips we take. In this day and age where Dr's are just rushing through appointments to fill their books and don't care about people - just numbers - he is a rare find.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2015

The most unprofessional doctor/office staff I have ever encountered as a patient and as a health care professional. The minimum I have waited is 3 hrs. He was 6 hrs behind today and then refused to see me at 930 pm after office staff told me to come. Actually proceeded to yell loudly at me in front of another patient telling me to leave his office. Office and he are unkempt and dirty. Hands out meds like candy. Told me without any sleep study results that he "knows" I have narcolepsy and that I needed to take xyrem. After researching him online found that he used to get paid by the manufacturers of xyrem to promote the drug to other doctors for off label use for sleeping disorders. Doctor says he has narcolepsy and takes xyrem himself. This man is sick and has no business practicing medicine. This was the second time he lost control and became irate (literally shaking with anger) with me. DO NOT SEE THIS MAN. HE IS A NIGHTMARE.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2014

I've been seeing Dr. Perrino for yrs. It's true the wait time can be 3 hrs. (Sometimes more or LESS) HOWEVER, his staff is great & when you get in w/him, he gives his undivided attn. He will not rush thru your visit w/him. He cares abt his patients, which is rare & hard to find, so that makes it worth the wait. The "long wait" issue is very simple to handle. His staff is very aware of how the day goes. They will advise you to call before you come & they will tell you what the wait time is. Once you sign in, if you let them know, they have no prob w/you leaving the office to run an errand, grab lunch, or nap in your car. Just tell them & they will call you when it is close to your turn. Dr Perrino is like yester-years doctors, when they actually cared. I lost my job & my insurance, and he worked w/me.. continued to see me, until i could pay him. He never made me feel bad & never harassed me about my growing bill. He assured me that he would continue to see me. I love Dr.Perrino.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2014

I never got to see this doctor because apparently he decided to take the day off and his staff didn't bother to call me. I took 1/2 a day off to make my appointment only to find the door locked. When I called they lied and said they had called me 3 time and I never answered. Tells you how bad the doctor is when his staff are a bunch of liars.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2013

This doctor shouted at me in front of his staff and other patients. He has a bad temper. He also seems to believe that everyone has a sleep disorder. I also had to wait 3 hours (not kidding)for my first visit, and 1.75 hours for my second and third visits.

flag | Submitted December 25, 2010

I never saw the doctor because I was sitting in the waiting room for three hours and had not been called in. There were drug reps there though and after he finished with a patient, he stood there BSing with him fot 15 minutes. After three hours I walked out. I spoke to another patient in the waiting room with me and she said it was nothing unusual to wait over three hours. NO THANKS!!! Who else besides a doctor, do people wait three hours to see??? And they kept my $30.00 co-pay!

flag | Submitted March 7, 2010

Dr. F. Scott Perrino's Credentials

• University Of South Florida College Of Medicine (Grad. 1990)

Wellpoint