Ratings for Dr. Michael J. Barimo

I find this office to be very clean, organized & professional. Dr. Barimo is great & fun to see. Plus they always work you in if you need to be seen. They do have another doc that people love and couple of really good PAs. Your needs are met here. At times the staff could be a little more friendlier but I don't take it personally and I find that if I'm nice first they are very nice to you.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2017

My dad's soon not to be Dr. My dad was in a nursing home for therapy to help him walk. They wanted him to have at home care. The Dr. would not sign off on it and now my dad cannot walk. The insurance company approved at home care but he will not sign off on it. I think he will lose his kick back money. It is a shame that Dr.'s don't care about their patients anymore just the money they can make. He does not return phone calls and has messed up my dad's medications also. It took going to the emergency room to get his meds right. It's a shame what the medical establishment has come too. They truly do not care about the patients anymore.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2017

Straightforward, caring, professional and fun to talk to.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2017

Been going for several years but lately Dr. Barimo Seems irritated with his patients. Always distracted. Not sure why. I'm moving on to another Doctor who will be attentive and not distracted.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2017

I have been seeing Dr. Barimo for 10YRS and wouldn't Consider switching family doctors. Caring and great bedside Manor. HE CARES AND LISTENS to me!!!

flag | Submitted December 8, 2015

Beware! This practice's office has a policy that they WILL NOT do prior authorizations for drugs! I could get a medication cheaper through my insurance plan, the only caveat is it needs a prior authorization. They refused to do it (quite adamantly) and instead referred me to a Canadian pharmacy where the drug is more costly. So much for seeing to a patient's needs. Being a referral coordinator and authorization specialist myself for more than ten years, I find this policy absolutely deplorable.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2015

I am moving on to another PCP as I find the office staff needs some schooling on politeness and professionalism in the office. I have NEVER been had an office staff speak to me in the manner I was spoken to and it is a shame that Dr. Barimo is not aware of this persons unprofessionalism and manner in which she presents herself on the phone...all I can say is her first initial begins with a "N" and should NEVER be allowed to speak to future patients. She is extremely rude and has no tact in etiquette.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2015

Have been with my family doctor for over 30 years. He just recently joined the BARIMO group practice and the quality of the staff is deplorable. I love my doc, but may have to find another one. The staff is rude, abrupt, always putting their answering machine message on when they dont wish to deal with patients....NEVER returns or even acknowledges your repeated attempts to get a hold of them. The all need to learn this is a medical practice where patients are ill, have complex issues and are needing to be treated like human beings with respect and dignity......not like annoyances interrupting their "busy" day. If it weren't for my doctor being kind and caring, I would have moved far away from this office right away. I am sorry he joined up with this practice. The staff needs a complete overhaul and attitude adjustment. If they don't like their job and take it out on patients in an uncaring manner, they need to seek other employment

flag | Submitted June 29, 2015

Dr Barimo is a good and knowledgeable Physician. However his PA needs to learn some bed side manner. My husband has a multitude of problems and he got a lecture bout his life style last visit. I would have liked to have been offered literature or a list of other health care professionals for intervention.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2015

A truly loving & caring doctor! I called his office due to an emergency. Although he was fully booked, in stead of turning me to the emergency room like most do he saw me after hours to make sure I was ok. He went above and beyond to which I greatly appreciated!

flag | Submitted December 11, 2014

Dr. Michael J. Barimo's Credentials

• Chicago College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 1984)

MSP/BC Med