Ratings for Dr. Phillip Ho

Condescending and disrespectful. Anyone here who had a good experience with him seems to have caught him on a good day. I've never written a bad review about anything or anyone before but I felt compelled to do so here. What a terrible experience, went through similar negative issues that everyone on here has had. Too bad he doesn't read these comments. Do not go to him; you will want to walk out 2 mins into your discussion with him.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2018

My review is very similar to many of the other ones here. The doctor was impatient and quick to make assumptions when I tried to clarify his questions. He told me that I was too nervous, anxious and must have poor relationships with my children. He would only accept yes or no answers and if I took more than a second to think about my answer (i.e. how many times have you experienced a symptom over the course of a year), he immediately said I was unwilling to answer and would dismiss my answer. I would not recommend this doctor as he has extremely poor bedside manner and makes overarching assumptions about your personal life. He needs a lesson in professionalism. The only positive experience I had here was with the nurse who was very pleasant.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2018

Dr. Ho is a caring, compassionate, professional and highly capable allergist. I went to see him for an allergy test because I was constantly experiencing stomach upsets, due to what my naturopath attributed to allergies to common foods like eggs and dairy. After conducting the allergy test, he correctly diagnosed my allergies, gave me feedback and I was able to resume eating all the foods I ate growing up, but without the stomachaches! Thank you Dr Ho!

flag | Submitted April 15, 2018

I found the doctor and staff very professional, patient and had methodical approach to elicit the details with excellent communication. Doctor asked all pertinent questions, explain the causes, precautions required and prescribed medication.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2018

After reading all these comments, I still took the chance to meet Dr Phillip. I actually had a pretty good experience. He was very nice, very detailed and informative about what he was doing. he listened to me well, actually we had some good laughs. The nurse was extremely nice. Sorry I forgot her name but she was very professional and very helpful. They did the skin test and explained the whole procedure very nicely. I was surprised to get his response even when he was on vacation and for sure he remembered me when he walked in and said "finally we meet". Altogether it was a good experience. We are still trying to figure out the issue but I am glad to be recommended to him. Unlike all the comments below, I felt he was not impatient or impolite at all and actually I didn't felt rushed during the whole appointment. The whole staff was quite courteous and attentive. His communication was very clear and courteous. Will surely recommend him. I think some -ive people here commenting really need to learn how to work as team with a doctor when he/she is assessing you. . Thanks Dr Phillip and the team. Kunal Note: He has free parking available for his patients in the building which he pays for.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2018

Dr. Ho is a very thorough doctor, he asked detail questions and record them carefully on his own. He did all the exams and prescribed very accurately the medication to help my allergy that has bothered me over two three years, every single day. No other allergy doctors can find out a solution. He is good at skin problems too, the ointment he prescribed me cured my skin infection so efficient, an added bonus! I have no doubt to refer him to my good friends and family. Thank you Dr. Ho, very much appreciated! Patricia

flag | Submitted December 5, 2017

Dr. Ho was rude throughout the appointment. He was unclear with his questions, and would immediately turn to insults when you asked him to clarify. He would interrupt your questions, and try to make you feel stupid for asking them. The entire appointment was uncomfortable, and at no point did I feel free to ask questions. Towards the end of the appointment, despite following his strict communication "rules", he still incorrectly documented my symptoms. It was clear he wasn't listening, but instead focused on trying to belittle me. I copy one of the comments because I feel exactly same. Waste my three hours for nothing. Don't want see him again.....

flag | Submitted September 6, 2017

Dr. Ho was rude throughout the appointment. He was unclear with his questions, and would immediately turn to insults when you asked him to clarify. He would interrupt your questions, and try to make you feel stupid for asking them. The entire appointment was uncomfortable, and at no point did I feel free to ask questions. Towards the end of the appointment, despite following his strict communication "rules", he still incorrectly documented my symptoms. It was clear he wasn't listening, but instead focused on trying to belittle me. In 30+ years of seeing various Specialists and Physicians, Dr. Ho had the poorest communication skills, not due to a lack of language, but due to impatience and poor manners. Other staff at this center were nice and professional. However, I do not recommend this arrogant Doctor.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2017

He is a horrible abusive doctor, impatient and arrogant . He does not allow you to talk only allow you to answer yes or no . He has no manner which make you feel you want to leave his clinic right away . I am in doubt of his knowledge and he was unable to make a diagnosis at the end of the visit . I strongly recommend you do not choose this doctor .

flag | Submitted July 21, 2017

Totally unrealistic doctor who expects patients to remember all of the medication that was taken in the past 8-15 years (including the medical name and dosage instructions). And somehow you are supposed to convey this information via only yes/no answers. A simple app on your phone could replace this binary doctor - a thought which I have entertained semi-seriously. In addition to insulting my intelligence, he also said I reminded him of a famous actor who committed suicide. Good thing the insults just rolled right off - nothing more than meaningless drivel to cover the fact that he couldn’t figure out what was the problem. It is a shame, because I have read his work, and it seems like the real doctor (Dr. Jekyll) is a thoughtful and knowledgeable man, but all too often, it is Mr. Hyde that you get in his office.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2017