Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Natasha Garfield

My GP forwarded a referral to this Dr on June 26, 2019. Still no word. I am now trying to find another endocrinologist. God help people living in this province when it comes to medical care. I have even tried appeals to my GP for the name of this physician when I finally found it handwritten on my blood tests.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2019

I've been with Dr. Garfield for many years now and I love her! She always knows about the best new gadgets for diabetics. She listens to any concerns I have and sends me for any tests that may be required. The staff is always super nice and helpful as well. All in all I am very happy to have her as my endocrinologist!

flag | Submitted February 7, 2018

Dr. Natasha Garfield's response
Thank you for your kind words! I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback!

Submitted April 17, 2018

I unfortunately did not find Dr. Garfield helpful. She has taken on too many patients and therefore it is impossible to get an appointment. I have prolactinoma and therefore she was supposed to follow me throughout my pregnancy, however this was not the case I was only able to see her 1 time throughout. I have been unable to get an urgent follow up with despite several faxes from my family physician and even when I have had appointments in the past she has been on her cell phone and hanging out with colleagues in her office - not very professional. very disappointed.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2017

Dr. Natasha Garfield's response
We sincerely apologize for the unpleasant clinic visit you experienced. Thank you for taking the time to share your frustration with us - we will use your feedback to provide better service in the future.

Submitted April 17, 2018

I really can't rate Dr Garfield coz for 2 months i was trying to take an appointment with her and failed , the staff keep transferring me from one to another , giving me different fax number to fax my referral and yet no luck , this is a very bad system we have

Submitted November 23, 2016

The best doctor that anyone can ever have. I love her!

flag | Submitted June 25, 2016

I saw her at the Montreal General and then when I was transferred over to the Royal Vic during my pregnancy. I usually have to wait an extremely long time, but I can honestly say it's worth it. She is the BEST endo I have ever had! She is so motivating and never guilt trips. She always makes me feel comfortable and takes the time to actually ask how I am doing outside of dealing with the diabetes. She really understands her patients and how to motivate them without making them feel horrible when they are not in good contro.. I went from an 11.0 a1c to a 6.2 a1c and I really think her support and step by step continuous guidance has made all the difference!

flag | Submitted January 6, 2015

I was referred to Dr. Garfield by my GP - since I was wanting to be taken care of by an endo who understood diabetics who use an insulin pump. Sadly, Dr. Garfield would not take me on as a patient, since she said I appeared to know what I was doing (am self taught on pump - and same with meds - I do my own research - and request prescription from endo). She also found my A1C of 6% dangerous - despite my BG meter proving to her that I do not suffer from hypos - but just a stable BG. I just needed help with figuring out carb/insulin ratio and a few others things with the pump that I can't figure out on my own - but again - she didn't feel it necessary to see me. So, I continue on my own - with a GP to fill out my prescriptions as I request them - one day I hope to find a team that will take me on - but not with Dr. Garfield. I blog about diabetes under the penname of FatCatAnna - I have been a T1D since 1967.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2012

Tous les médecins devraient s'inspirer d'elle. Elle est très calme, écoute bien, prend ses patients au sérieux et est très déterminée à trouver une solution. Elle explique aussi très bien son approche et semble au fait des recherches récentes. Le personnel de soutien qui l'entoure est aussi aimable et souriant, et l'attente est très raisonnable (environ 15 minutes chaque fois dans mon cas) comparativement à ce qu'on voit ailleurs. Bref, une spécialistes humaine et ultra compétente.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2010

I LOVE HER! AFTER 15 YRS OF BEING DIABETIC I FINALLY FOUND AN ENDO I LOVE. SO HELPFUL AND REASSURING!

flag | Submitted June 22, 2010

An truly excellent doctor - personable, knowledgeable and easy to talk to. But she is very sadly really oversubscribed and thus getting an appointment and continuing follow up was difficult if not impossible, leading my ultimately to find another doctor. Not a decision I was at all happy about. The lack of support around her is the hospital's problem, not hers, but it does have, I think, a cumulative effect on the experience of care with her.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2010