Ratings for Dr. Vayia Koufogianis

Condescending to you at your most vulnerable time. Not up to date with the latest research.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2015

Never again. Paid $300 to get tests privately that took 2 months to come back... I’m still waiting. She was very condescending, and created more fear for a problem she couldn’t confirm existed. I’m very disappointed as I felt she had very little respect for my questions, and she seemed in too much of a rush to explain things properly.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2015

I really like Dr Koufogianis, she was the most thorough doctor I've ever seen. She took her time with me and her nurse / assistant Terry is amazing. She was always available to take my call or return my call promptly. Overall great doctor.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2015

I have seen her last year and had a wonderful experience. She is thorough and make you feel comfortable as possible.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2014

My experience was not as what i expected after paying 250$ for first visit. She spent 3 minutes examed me then 1 minute telling me I should go utralsound which i did 3 days after, then her assistant called me saying I should go for another ultrsound 3 months later: but I was in pain for over 4 months already before seeing her. I definitely expected more help from her in considering that she is practicing private.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2012

To all the people who complain about the wait, grow up. She's an excellent doctor. People come here and give bad ratings, smearing someones reputation with no medical knowledge whatsoever. She does seem condescending but only because she's straight to the point. She cares and wants to help, but tells people what they need to hear which is a GOOD thing. When she told me I had ovarian cancer, I didn't like her either, but she referred me to great doctors and practically held my hand the whole way through. I am forever grateful to her and her staff. On the advice of my friend, I went to a midwife for my first child. She started convulsing and needed to be incubated. I almost lost her and would have had we not been near a hospital. This doctor is one of the most knowledgable in her field. Trust me. After three kids, you know a thing or two about obgyns. Not to mention she's a mother herself.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2010

This doctor is not very good. I certainly felt rushed with this doctor. She is very freindly but when I asked her for alternative treatment for fibroids she only offered the pill or an IUD. When I asked about surgery or magnetic-resonanceguided ablationshe said " no one does that in Canada adn was not too willing to gove me the name of another doctor. SO, I am going to meet with another doc to get a 2nd opinion. Dr K works at the private medical clininc called Rockland MD.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2009

I have a really hard time with this doctor. I went to see her with my first pregnancy and after two miscarriages she gave me all of 5 minutes of consult after waiting two hours. I know all ob's are not like this. I ended up going to a midwifery clinic and oh what a difference. All the counselling I needed, never late for an appointment and on call 24/7. Now midwives they know how to deliver a decent birthing experience. Dr. K put me off OB's forever.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2008

Wonderful personality. I enjoyed my visits with Dr K as she made me feel so at ease when I usually feel so tense during my OBY/GYN visits. I was pregnant in my 8th month when she had to go on medical leave for her very high risk pregnancy. She spoke to all her patients who visited during that time to give them alternatives. But she was simply mistreated by that ProMed clinic in the end. I miss her and hope she is enjoying her family life.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2008

never listen to what i said and never did futher research. the only good thing that came out is my transfer to the best fertility dr.( doctor hemmings. )

flag | Submitted February 4, 2008