Ratings for Dr. D. Mervitz

Don't care how good he is at his job. Loser makes people wait like that's all they have to do. Nothing like driving 2 hours to sit for 3 hours for this guy to actually do something. Get your sh!t together.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2017

This man is a arrogant idiot. He was not interested in how one of his colleagues screwed up my eyes and he had the nerve to lecture me on the sanctity of doctors.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2015

I have never seen dr like him. I had 3 appointment with him. I was suffering from optic neuritis. on 1st appointment he said I have scratches on my left eye ball. that's why i am lose i sight on left eye. on 2nd appointment he said I might have MS that's why I am loosing my eye sight. on third appointment he said everything I said to him is a lie. Because he cant figure out what happened to me and gave me some eye drops to keep moisturized my eye balls. and he said his office will call me for next appointment and never got next appointment call. Thanks to Dr. v pallay. who figure out what happened to me and admit me at the same day in hospital and started treatment on me.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2015

Does everything he can to help find you a diagnosis

flag | Submitted May 11, 2015

Mervitz is good. However his office books people in ten minutes intervals. With zero chance to be on time I felt very disrespected for my time.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2015

I was to see Dr. Mervitz yesterday and found his professionalism, knowledge and bedside manner second to none !!! While I found his front counter staff less than welcoming, I did not find them rude (although my husband observed them snickering over an elderly clients wobbleyness). My issue is this: I received perhaps 4 different eye drops during my examination and was simply unable to drive safely for 6 hours. Fortunately for me, my husband was along. The only time I was advised that I may require a driver is the day before when I received a reminder of my appointment. I would suggest that when the letter is mailed out to advise of the the date and time of testing/appointment, clients should most definitely be advised that they should bring a driver as people need to make arrangements for such a thing. Had my husband not been with me, I would have been in serious trouble.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2014

To the person that said the girls at the front desk are rude and not compassionate. Maybe you had a bad day but my experience with the girls was wonderful. They were kind and courteous and did their jobs very well. They handled "rude" patients in a calm & professional manner. The doctor was knowledgeable and assured me that everything was going to be okay with the proper treatment.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2013

Best family doc I've ever had, very helpful, carting and willing to do what it takes to find out what is wrong.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2013

I have been a patient of Dr. Mervitz for 10 years and he is the best doctor I have ever visited. I think he is one of the hardest working doctors in the city. He's professional and knowledgable. During my first appointment, he explained to me that the vision problem I was having is often seen in people with MS and I will hear the term 'MS' often. At that time I had not yet been diagnosed, but when I was, it was less difficult to hear because Dr. Mervitz had gently prepared me to hear the diagnosis.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2013

very professional, down to earth manners very understanding of fears and outcomes.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2013