Dr. Patricia Llewellyn

Ratings for Dr. Patricia Llewellyn

Due to hormone imbalance test results (estradiol, testosterone, and fsh) , I was referred by my endocrinologist to go see an obgyn specialist. So I listened my doctor advice and made an appointment with this doctor on Jan 31st 2018 and it was my first visit. First impression, I found little different that no lid for the pie cup neither in the bathroom or in the office sink area which can easily spill and I was told just leave it there. Second impression, I was taken to to dr office which I learned that you will always wait more than your appointment time in most doctor offices so I cant blame it was just in this office. I waited over 45 min in the dr room while the next door paint screamed, yelled her kid in that 45 min. My third impression, I was told by the nurse to get undressed for the pap test this was the first thing in my first visit, then I had to explain I am not here for pap test I am referred here by my endocrinologist to get a second opinion for my test results. On the patient portal on the insurance notes nurse makes a note if the patient likes she will decide and she does not feel get undressed. It is not about I like them or not it is about building a patient dr relationship, (making the patient comfortable and feel cared not just a number next, next). I felt like they are very busy and just like very automatic. First time patient and the first word in the room ok get undressed ? Going to a doctor is already stressful, having health problems are hard, I was about to walk out the room, then I said to myself you waited for this app 4 weeks, your endocrinologist dr tells you its very important to have an obgyn advice. Mrs. Patricia had great reviews, I was referred to her so I said to myself just be patient and wait for your dr but then fourth expression, dr came to the room, very polute and nice, I showed her my results they were on my phone, she looked at them and said you are ovulating, your periods are on time there is nothing I can do why are you here ? why I am here ??? Because I love wasting my time, money, just driving around and waiting in dirty doctor offices, listening a 45 min screaming yelling patient ?? No I am here because I need help. I was told by Dr Patricia that I need to give them permission to receive my medical records then she will look at my test results ( which the ones I already showed her digitally over my phone, my imbalance hormone test results from quest diagnostics which was the reason I went that office, I was there my results were there, instead of giving her opinion she said I have to have your test results digitally for me to tell you if I need to order more blood work ) even though she saw my results I said ok I will fill the forms and I did same day ( because as a patient you believe in your dr, you listen and trust ) mailed next day Feb 1st 2018. Gave them 11 business days ( considering they might busy). I gave them a call on February 11th 2018, transferred 3 different people explained the situation 3 times calling to ask if they received my medical and if a dr has any advice since i need to tell my other dr, waited on the phone an hour in my working hours and the result nobody knows where my stuff, finally i had enough with them and I said could you please tell me where am i with you. Then finally they said yes we received your staff yes we have it but we cant tell you when the dr is going to look at it. We cant tell you when we will get back to you ??? waste of time they wasted my time for nothing but February 1st they were paid by my insurance company, so when it comes to getting paid everything is fast and done the next day of visit. She could look at my results while i was in her office, waited for that appointment 4 weeks, drove a further location, waited patiently, sent them the information they asked , waited another 2 weeks patiently , logged in the patient portal, nothing there finally called them and get nowhere. I saw my endocrinologist yesterday, first thing she asked what is your obgyn said ??? oh well long story now I have to find another obgyn, my diagnose might by perimenopause i am trying for a baby so time is so important in my situation and wasted 5 weeks, told why i am here ??? I will move on and do what i need to do but do I refer their services absolutely not. I wont keep drama in my life but I wish they would do their job what they suppose to say in their business cards, websites, etc because my visit was total disappointment. Finally when I was leaving the office where I left the pie cup without a lid punch of next to other un lid pies, the lady is washing the pap test tool (the metal speculum) I did not even pay attention if she was wearing gloves or not, or those things just supposed to be washed in the sink, ooo all I think ok left this place asap, just wait to hear from the dr and as of Feb 22nd still heard anything, nothing is done, they get paid for a job they did not do.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2018

Not professional at all. She doesn't listen. she is in rush all the time and she makes bad jokes.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2017

Dr. Llewellyn is always laid back and easygoing, helping to keep her pts relaxed. She's very knowledgeable and able to answer any question you may have. She and her staff are also helpful and quick to respond to requests over the phone.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2017

Like other reviewers, if you aren't a sheep that just nods and follows her directive with no questions asked, she gets annoyed with you. She doesn't even try to hide it. I was scared to have major surgery as any normal human being should be. But she does surgery nearly every day, so she is like a robot, completely void of compassion. After my hysterectomy I went for my post op visit and complained of an "inguinal hernia" bulge that wasn't there before my surgery. Her response: "I was no where near there." Um, yeah, you kinda were. I pressed onward in the face of her defiance and she told me to just live with it, that she had one herself and I shouldn't go through surgery again for something so minor. I hated her from that moment on as I went to another doctor that CARED about solving my problem. Come to find out, I had a super rare female hydrocele of the canal nuk and had to have minor surgery, but that hydrocele was so sensitive, I still guard myself for the pain that I think is coming even though I'm months post op from that follow up surgery. Dr. Lewellyn''s a jerk.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2016

This is the worst obgyn. They cancelled my first appointment. At my second appointment I waited over 90 minutes in a cold room in a gown. She came in rushed and was very short and ill manored. She did not listen at all and was very clearly disinterested in my health. Her staff was terrible!!!!!

flag | Submitted April 3, 2016

My first thought of Dr. Llewellyn... eh. I really don't get all the hype about her at all. A friend recommended her but I didn't find her any more special than any other doctor I've seen before. I found her to be very quick and to the point, like most doctors are anyways. She didn't spend much time with me, even on my very first visit with her, so that was a bit disturbing to me. I just think she's like your every day OB/GYN and nothing special.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2015

I am very happy to have found Dr. Llewellyn! I'm very comfortable with her knowledge base and for me, her demeanor is perfect. She's funny and honest and helpful! A very real person, a mom of twins, understands women's issues and I feel like I am in very qualified hands!

flag | Submitted July 14, 2015

Dr. Llewellyn is rather knowledgeable, but not very professional.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2015

Terrible experience. Was rushed through my annual exam (because she had an personal appointment to go to) and she ran tests that were not consented to or that I had knowledge of until I was billed for them. When I tried to switch doctors before last appointment, the staff informed me that was not possible. Always feel like she doesn't listen/care at all of my past appointments.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2014

Dr. Llewellyn is a very knowledgable, empathetic, professional doctor. I've been going to her for many years and will continue to.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2014

Dr. Patricia Llewellyn's Credentials

• Temple University School Of Medicine (Grad. 2000)

Top Hospitals in Clearwater, FL