Ratings for Dr. Mark Freedman

Ignorent Dr do not waste you time. If you need information Google Dr is better.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2017

I had an appointment with Dr. Freedman in Neurology and I should have listen to the reviews that said he was awful and Evil. I have never been left in such a distressed state from visiting a specialist in my life!! He was rude , heartless, dismissive , ignorant, taking a private cell phone call while I was mid sentence about my symptoms. he basically said that because he and previous Neurologists couldn't really explain my symptoms that I should seek psychiatric Intervention. I didn't want to go to this appointment. I had been feeling better, my Family Dr said he believed my symptoms were due to thyroid meds not being quite right, but , wanted Dr freedman to see me anyway. As my uncle died from neuro disease and my mother has had brain and skull tumours, and the MRI results were inconclusive. This Monster basically said I was full of )(; and a waste of his time and he would be telling my Dr that psychiatric would be his recommendation. I have worked in the medical field for years and I have seen the best and now I have seen the worst. He is a monster, careless and reckless, If a Dr could ever make you feel like you should just kill yourself it would be him. NASTY NASTY NASTY. telling me I have a psych problem as he pops a button off his lab coat because he is morbidly obese and than asks me to pick it up off the floor because he is too fat to do so himself. He is just Evil, words fail me to describe this creature. I will NEVER go to any Dr again, I was sure that men telling women that their symptoms were all in their head went out in the 40's. He was more concerned that I was on Paroxetine and divorced than anything else I said the entire appointment and harped on about that as opposed to listening to my concerns. All I wanted was reassurance that I had nothing serious to worry about. It was not my choice to see another neuro, I saw dr. Sitwell, who referred me to a female neuro as he felt she would be interested in seeing me for her study on people with hemiplegic migraines, she sent me to geneticist. Than my Family dr. requested dr freedman see me. I had nothing to do with it. but this guy basically was pissed id seen two plus him.....Like I said Id been feeling better. The last Mri stated that MS couldn't be ruled out due to demyelination being within the differential. he laughed at that and said they don't know what they are talking about they cant see that. than proceeded to blame me for being there wasting his time and being on some emotional roller coaster looking for an illness that doesn't exist like a crazy person. I changed my work out regime which was very intense as a professional athlete, I made some changes to my diet and my Dr. changed my thyroxine dose and as I said was feeling better. but this appointment had been requested a long time ago when my symptoms were acute. I was attacked and badgered from the moment I walked in. every time I tried to explain he jumped down my throat and cut me off saying, I don't need to know any of that. when at first my cd of MRI wouldn't load, he said," I probably don't need it. you don't have MS" Great , he could have left it there, id be happy and leave but no....I cried for most of the appointment because I was distressed at his demeanor and callousness. He said my distress was further proof I had a psychiatric problem........I cannot explain the disgust I feel at having been put in a room alone with this PIG. he should just not be left alone with patients EVER.!! Thinking I'll lay a formal complaint.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2017

If there was ever a dr that could come nvince you that you should slit your wrists hang yourself or throw your self off a broken She because you are beyond help and unworthy this is the man. I can't stress how awful and insane doofus and heart less arrogant and self righteous this monster is. Given his obvious weight issue, popped a button on his lab coat while I was there, also took personal phone call while I was mid sentence. DO NOT GO TO THIS MONSTER! In fact thanks to him , I will never go to another medical person or facility again. I cant explain n in words how awful , evil and hateful he is.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2017

seems that you try to bring up what you feel is a valid concern, and he does not want to hear anything about it, quick to jump to MS being the ONLY valid diagnosis and throwing away everything else not to mention Lemtrada of course has to be the only valid option $10k+ per treatment, $$$$, not care about patients quality of life in the interim, not even seem care about giving all the proper information even the required information for the patient peace of mind. not like him, do not care how "rave reviews" he supposedly has, being the best or whatever, when you feel like a stranger forced into life changing decisions asap so they could possibly use you as a poster child for the drug company to reach their multi billion $ goal on a massively overpriced been on market for many year medicine, am not buyin is the best option, seeing as every MS med currently out there all say the same "We think this works because we think it may do this, or we think it may be doing this" Anyways, super super busy so cannot take the time with the patient as they deserve to have, even the smallest of questions seems to fall on deaf ears unless they fit in with his "opinion" his lack of knowledge to me really shows that unless you do exactly what HE wants, everything else matters little, MS is VERY unknown at this point, and doctor or whatever to claim they have all the answers is stroking their ego, at the cost of patients health and emotional well being. How do you get wealthy, easy, ensure the drug company meets their multi$ goal, get a fat pay cheque.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2017

Very rude, and has no idea what he is doing, sent my husband home, twice, with stroke symptoms, and second time, my husband had a major stroke during the night, leaving him disabled

flag | Submitted April 30, 2017

I am sure if what you are looking for is to be a lab rat or on very expensive drugs this may be the right doc for you? He is arrogant and dismissive with the patients concerns. This is a man who has bashed true science and other doctors neither of those things are copacetic with being a researcher. He stacks his stem cell studies with only the ones that he has cherry picked, even if you were dying and begged to be in one of his studies he would not allow that as it would show the truth about how ineffective his study right now is? There sure is a lot of hype over a procedure with massive risk (chemo therapy and stem cells) equaling death. But yet this is the same guy that condemned CCSVI without even looking at it! Again it just doesn't fit in with his study and looking for fame. Meanwhile Stem Cells with Chemo can only be done to 5% of the MS population, and CCSVI treated with simple angioplasty helps at least 1/3 of those with MS and possibly a whole lot more than that? This man should not be working with humans as he treats them like Lab Rats, actually no animal would deserve his abuse either.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2016

Totally dismissive of my file and facts about my previous definate optic neuritis and positive lumbar puncture. He dismisses all previous neuro assessments and barely even looked at my file for any information. He based his whole assessment on a few manual neuro tests in his office. He pulled up an old mri dated 2007 which was noted by radiologist...(seemed like the first time he had even looked at it)...he said that definately looks like ms 3 times but refused to do another mri to see if there had been further progression on my mri's. Unless you fit his patient criteria for his benefit...he will dismiss your case. I will never go back to his office or the ms clinic in Ottawa.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2016

STAY CLEAR unless you want to hear about himself or help him stroke his EGO in case there was something he missed to brag about. Dr All About Me needs to back to MED school and take Patients 101 because he is not there for patients but clinical lab rats that he thinks he can help!

flag | Submitted July 7, 2016

Very disappointed in the care I have received under Dr Freedman & "his" clinc, If I knew that ahead I would not travel for 8 hours to his office and another 8 hours back home . He is Not a good listener. ARROGANT, RUDE, ., his bedside manner is horrible He never initially acknowledged our presence, he was focussing on my medical report and it was so clear that he was reading it for the first time I was having issues with my memory and he was asking things so quickly his comments was so rude he threw like more bad news into my face in a couple of minutes regarding diagnosis . Once he found I wasn’t a potential subject for one of his studies he ended the meeting right away without any reasonable explanation . I simply felt I’m in a police office under arrest and the police officer “ Dr \Freedman” is so intimidating !!! It is apparent he wants new patients becuase he wants to throw another case into his research.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2016

Discovered a treatment for MS by cleaning stem cells, published in Lancet. Patients were cured.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2016