Ratings for Dr. Mark Freedman

I am sure if what you are looking for is to be a lab rat or on very expensive drugs this may be the right doc for you? He is arrogant and dismissive with the patients concerns. This is a man who has bashed true science and other doctors neither of those things are copacetic with being a researcher. He stacks his stem cell studies with only the ones that he has cherry picked, even if you were dying and begged to be in one of his studies he would not allow that as it would show the truth about how ineffective his study right now is? There sure is a lot of hype over a procedure with massive risk (chemo therapy and stem cells) equaling death. But yet this is the same guy that condemned CCSVI without even looking at it! Again it just doesn't fit in with his study and looking for fame. Meanwhile Stem Cells with Chemo can only be done to 5% of the MS population, and CCSVI treated with simple angioplasty helps at least 1/3 of those with MS and possibly a whole lot more than that? This man should not be working with humans as he treats them like Lab Rats, actually no animal would deserve his abuse either.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2016

Totally dismissive of my file and facts about my previous definate optic neuritis and positive lumbar puncture. He dismisses all previous neuro assessments and barely even looked at my file for any information. He based his whole assessment on a few manual neuro tests in his office. He pulled up an old mri dated 2007 which was noted by radiologist...(seemed like the first time he had even looked at it)...he said that definately looks like ms 3 times but refused to do another mri to see if there had been further progression on my mri's. Unless you fit his patient criteria for his benefit...he will dismiss your case. I will never go back to his office or the ms clinic in Ottawa.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2016

STAY CLEAR unless you want to hear about himself or help him stroke his EGO in case there was something he missed to brag about. Dr All About Me needs to back to MED school and take Patients 101 because he is not there for patients but clinical lab rats that he thinks he can help!

flag | Submitted July 7, 2016

Very disappointed in the care I have received under Dr Freedman & "his" clinc, If I knew that ahead I would not travel for 8 hours to his office and another 8 hours back home . He is Not a good listener. ARROGANT, RUDE, ., his bedside manner is horrible He never initially acknowledged our presence, he was focussing on my medical report and it was so clear that he was reading it for the first time I was having issues with my memory and he was asking things so quickly his comments was so rude he threw like more bad news into my face in a couple of minutes regarding diagnosis . Once he found I wasn’t a potential subject for one of his studies he ended the meeting right away without any reasonable explanation . I simply felt I’m in a police office under arrest and the police officer “ Dr \Freedman” is so intimidating !!! It is apparent he wants new patients becuase he wants to throw another case into his research.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2016

Discovered a treatment for MS by cleaning stem cells, published in Lancet. Patients were cured.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2016

I have had nothing short of pleasant experiences on my visits with Dr. Freedman; I only see him once every year, but I always look forward to the next meeting. He's very to the point, but he's pleasant about it and always takes the time to answer any questions I might have...really good guy :)

flag | Submitted September 16, 2015

We love Dr. Freedman. Having been one of the youngest Canadians diagnosed with MS before I was a teen (20 years ago). I am glad to say that my treatments have been going well. Dr. Freedman may seem overly confidant, but it's because he knows his stuff. This has been a life mission for him. I doubt I would be able to live the active life I currently live without his support.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2015

I relocated from Calgary to Ottawa in 2008. I found it strange how quickly I could get an appointment with Dr. Freedman. It seems to be a hit a miss with this man. For me it was definitely a miss. He was rude, arrogant, self-absorbed to the degree where he answered a call on his cell phone during his patient - me. He was trying to sell his outboard motor and somehow that was more important than my appointment. After informing me that one of the many systems of MS was mental (could he not tell I was pissed by his rudeness?) and I could turn very angry. I had 2 appointments and an MRI in 3 years to show not had changed. I am now back in Calgary where I see my Neurologist every 12 years whether I need to or not. Dr. Murphy is an amazing, kind, considerate doctor unlike Mr. Freedman. Maybe he is taking OHIP for a ride? Just my thought…..

flag | Submitted April 29, 2015

Excellent physician with highly competent and professional staff. While nervous when I first walked into the clinic, my fears were quashed in a moment with a pleasant smile and understanding. While receiving a confirmed diagnosis of MS from another neurologist from a different province, Dr. Freedman could not confirm the diagnosis as of yet. While some of the diagnostic tests lead to this diagnosis, it is not yet confirmed and the investigations are on-going. I like working with a medical expert that has an open mind and is willing to work with me, and address my concerns at my own pace. Highly recommend this friendly, kind hearted physician who is passionate about his profession, his specialty and most importantly, his patients.

Submitted April 18, 2015

Should not be allowed to practice medicine. Dismissive, rude, condescending. Definite god complex. Apparently psychic as well - able to give a diagnosis just by seeing you walk in the door. Unwilling to listen to the patient - during my consult, he did not allow me to complete a single sentence. Without gathering any information about me at all, this joke of a doctor deemed all of my symptoms to be caused by anxiety (I wasn't experiencing any anxiety). Told me I could be cured from a host of symptoms (which were later attributed to cervical central canal stenosis by a health professional that actually deserved to be called a professional) if I would just go see a shrink and get some exercise. Any attempt to challenge this ridiculous suggestion was met with him cutting me off and raising his voice. Imagine if I were truly a person who did have anxiety, being yelled at I'm sure would really help that.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2015