Ratings for Dr. Mark Freedman

STAY CLEAR unless you want to hear about himself or help him stroke his EGO in case there was something he missed to brag about. Dr All About Me needs to back to MED school and take Patients 101 because he is not there for patients but clinical lab rats that he thinks he can help!

flag | Submitted July 7, 2016

Very disappointed in the care I have received under Dr Freedman & "his" clinc, If I knew that ahead I would not travel for 8 hours to his office and another 8 hours back home . He is Not a good listener. ARROGANT, RUDE, ., his bedside manner is horrible He never initially acknowledged our presence, he was focussing on my medical report and it was so clear that he was reading it for the first time I was having issues with my memory and he was asking things so quickly his comments was so rude he threw like more bad news into my face in a couple of minutes regarding diagnosis . Once he found I wasn’t a potential subject for one of his studies he ended the meeting right away without any reasonable explanation . I simply felt I’m in a police office under arrest and the police officer “ Dr \Freedman” is so intimidating !!! It is apparent he wants new patients becuase he wants to throw another case into his research.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2016

Discovered a treatment for MS by cleaning stem cells, published in Lancet. Patients were cured.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2016

I have had nothing short of pleasant experiences on my visits with Dr. Freedman; I only see him once every year, but I always look forward to the next meeting. He's very to the point, but he's pleasant about it and always takes the time to answer any questions I might have...really good guy :)

flag | Submitted September 16, 2015

We love Dr. Freedman. Having been one of the youngest Canadians diagnosed with MS before I was a teen (20 years ago). I am glad to say that my treatments have been going well. Dr. Freedman may seem overly confidant, but it's because he knows his stuff. This has been a life mission for him. I doubt I would be able to live the active life I currently live without his support.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2015

I relocated from Calgary to Ottawa in 2008. I found it strange how quickly I could get an appointment with Dr. Freedman. It seems to be a hit a miss with this man. For me it was definitely a miss. He was rude, arrogant, self-absorbed to the degree where he answered a call on his cell phone during his patient - me. He was trying to sell his outboard motor and somehow that was more important than my appointment. After informing me that one of the many systems of MS was mental (could he not tell I was pissed by his rudeness?) and I could turn very angry. I had 2 appointments and an MRI in 3 years to show not had changed. I am now back in Calgary where I see my Neurologist every 12 years whether I need to or not. Dr. Murphy is an amazing, kind, considerate doctor unlike Mr. Freedman. Maybe he is taking OHIP for a ride? Just my thought…..

flag | Submitted April 29, 2015

Excellent physician with highly competent and professional staff. While nervous when I first walked into the clinic, my fears were quashed in a moment with a pleasant smile and understanding. While receiving a confirmed diagnosis of MS from another neurologist from a different province, Dr. Freedman could not confirm the diagnosis as of yet. While some of the diagnostic tests lead to this diagnosis, it is not yet confirmed and the investigations are on-going. I like working with a medical expert that has an open mind and is willing to work with me, and address my concerns at my own pace. Highly recommend this friendly, kind hearted physician who is passionate about his profession, his specialty and most importantly, his patients.

Submitted April 18, 2015

Should not be allowed to practice medicine. Dismissive, rude, condescending. Definite god complex. Apparently psychic as well - able to give a diagnosis just by seeing you walk in the door. Unwilling to listen to the patient - during my consult, he did not allow me to complete a single sentence. Without gathering any information about me at all, this joke of a doctor deemed all of my symptoms to be caused by anxiety (I wasn't experiencing any anxiety). Told me I could be cured from a host of symptoms (which were later attributed to cervical central canal stenosis by a health professional that actually deserved to be called a professional) if I would just go see a shrink and get some exercise. Any attempt to challenge this ridiculous suggestion was met with him cutting me off and raising his voice. Imagine if I were truly a person who did have anxiety, being yelled at I'm sure would really help that.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2015

I visited Dr Freedman in Jan. 2014 We waited for about an hour passed our scheduled appointment. Finally got into the examination room when he entered, did not acknowledge us and went straight to his computer for another forty five minutes. Then he started to condescend my CCSVI treatment I had three years earlier in Costa Rica. Then he questioned the fact that I even had MS. My regular neurologist diagnosed me in 1999. The steady physical and neurological deterioration had me convinced this was not a common cold (Dr Freedman is not my regular neurologist, just a referral) In the same breathe he changed my present diagnosis from secondary to primary progressive MS with out even looking at me. I guess he must be confident or gifted. The only doctor that I ever seen that cold draw a medical conclusion with out looking at the patient. I left his office wondering why we drove six hours, it certainly was not for medical treatment. I am sure he is an accredited neurologist, but should be in a back room with a test tube NOT patients. I am convinced he went into the medical field to massage his ego not to treat patients.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2015

Very disappointed in the care I have received under Dr Freedman & "his" clinc. I would best describe his approach as one of detached concern. He listens sparingly and only to be able to put forth his agenda. Not a good listener or open to discussion. He thinks highly of himself and this is clear in his actions & words. Decisions as to medication/ treatment are made quickly without clear explanation as to dosage, side effects or other options and without adequate discussion. Questions are met with patronizing and often times flippant answers. He "is the expert". There is no concept of working together with the patient in Dr Freedman's office. Furthermore, there is absolutely no interdisciplinary approach to the treatment of MS. Absolutely mind boggling in terms of MS treatment. If Dr Freedman cared as much about the well being of his patîents as he does his Pharma driven research, he could be an excellent doctor, but sadly based on my experience with Dr Freedman he is far from the great doctor he thinks he is and the clinic is sorely lacking in properly caring for their MS patients and meeting their needs. However, if you are willing to humour him and stroke his ego, you may get his attention. He seems to respond better to this kind of interaction. Sadly, so.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2014