Ratings for Dr. Mark Freedman

Dr. Freedman might be very knowledgeable in the research for MS. He should not be treating individual patients. He should stick to lab, writing medical papers and travelling to conventions be give talks. He has zero bed side manner. I was diagnosed by him 14 years ago. It is quite normal to shoe up for an appointment with him only to see one of his junior associates and a different one each time. Communication and record keeping is a real problem. These notes from the associates are commonly missing crucial information. I did have the honour (not) to have him show up this year for an appointment. He thought it was funny that he had not seem me himself for three years. Never read my file or looked at my MRI result. Since I had last seen him I have developed two serious auto immune diseases connected to my weak system and seeing two different specialists for them. He was actually excited to hear about my latest diagnosis and announced to me that this disease had a high risk for cancer. Thanks Dr. I really needed to be reminded. I have RRIM and one of the areas being affected is my cognitive abilities. He insisted I get a test done by a psychiatrist at a cost of $1,400, OHIP does not cover this nor insurance, I cannot pay that. I lost my job due to the MS and live on disability income . He could not care less. My GP arranged to conduct an medically approved cognitive test for me which I failed. Dr. Freedman was pissed off he would not look at the report, said it was garbage, waste of my GP 's time the test was a joke. He is the MS Dr. not my GP. Well if it was not for the help of others Dr's I would not have had my insurance approved. He or his office sent the insurer old information and an old MRI. I was denied. My GP stepped up to the plate confronted him and got the files from him along with the other conditions and I was finally approved. He does not know me or what my day to day life is like coping wirh MS. He may be well educated but I wish I had a different Dr. Every time I see him I a wreck and my husband has to keep me from wringing his neck during appointments. Lost my cool when he would not listen to me. Told me outright that the MS would not kill me, some other disease would get me first. Rude, no consideration for people. I could go on but I am getting would up writing this.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2018

He is a very rude person, I would not recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2018

I'm very surprised to see so many negative comments about Dr Freedman. I was diagnosed at 18 and I am now 27 and still very happy to be one of his patients. It is incredible to be able to have a world renowned doctor overlooking my illness. He is very straight forward which may be why some people don't like him..but I really appreciate his honesty and love to know all of the facts as scary as they may be. Only thing I have to complain about would be wait times but I understand how busy the clinic can get and appreciate that they do thorough work.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2018

So after reading reviews I was so apprehensive of my appointment with Dr Freedman....but was all for nothing. This Dr. is amazing and do NOT let the negative reviews sway you. He not only was very respectful, he was approachable and answered all my questions fully and completely including pulling up a weblink to show me a paper on the diagnosis he gave which was NOT MS but was imitating some of the symptoms. He took his time to review the multitiude of tests I have had to date and discussed findings as he reviewed information. His thorough physical exam finally located the irritated region of my injury, irritated nerves and a course of action for recovery suggested as well. He was more than happy to reiterate the information for me at the end to ensure I completely understood what he found in my examination in spite of the fact I had at minimum been in his exam room for 30 minutes. He took his time, was thorough and I did not feel dismissed or rushed when questions where asked by him. His responses where reflective and communicated in a fashion that I understood. I finally have a proper diagnosis and rehabilitation plan thanks to Dr. Freedman. I am not sure why there are so many negative comments but for me - he was truly amazing!

flag | Submitted January 5, 2018

Ignorent Dr do not waste you time. If you need information Google Dr is better.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2017

I had an appointment with Dr. Freedman in Neurology and I should have listen to the reviews that said he was awful and Evil. I have never been left in such a distressed state from visiting a specialist in my life!! He was rude , heartless, dismissive , ignorant, taking a private cell phone call while I was mid sentence about my symptoms. he basically said that because he and previous Neurologists couldn't really explain my symptoms that I should seek psychiatric Intervention. I didn't want to go to this appointment. I had been feeling better, my Family Dr said he believed my symptoms were due to thyroid meds not being quite right, but , wanted Dr freedman to see me anyway. As my uncle died from neuro disease and my mother has had brain and skull tumours, and the MRI results were inconclusive. This Monster basically said I was full of )(; and a waste of his time and he would be telling my Dr that psychiatric would be his recommendation. I have worked in the medical field for years and I have seen the best and now I have seen the worst. He is a monster, careless and reckless, If a Dr could ever make you feel like you should just kill yourself it would be him. NASTY NASTY NASTY. telling me I have a psych problem as he pops a button off his lab coat because he is morbidly obese and than asks me to pick it up off the floor because he is too fat to do so himself. He is just Evil, words fail me to describe this creature. I will NEVER go to any Dr again, I was sure that men telling women that their symptoms were all in their head went out in the 40's. He was more concerned that I was on Paroxetine and divorced than anything else I said the entire appointment and harped on about that as opposed to listening to my concerns. All I wanted was reassurance that I had nothing serious to worry about. It was not my choice to see another neuro, I saw dr. Sitwell, who referred me to a female neuro as he felt she would be interested in seeing me for her study on people with hemiplegic migraines, she sent me to geneticist. Than my Family dr. requested dr freedman see me. I had nothing to do with it. but this guy basically was pissed id seen two plus him.....Like I said Id been feeling better. The last Mri stated that MS couldn't be ruled out due to demyelination being within the differential. he laughed at that and said they don't know what they are talking about they cant see that. than proceeded to blame me for being there wasting his time and being on some emotional roller coaster looking for an illness that doesn't exist like a crazy person. I changed my work out regime which was very intense as a professional athlete, I made some changes to my diet and my Dr. changed my thyroxine dose and as I said was feeling better. but this appointment had been requested a long time ago when my symptoms were acute. I was attacked and badgered from the moment I walked in. every time I tried to explain he jumped down my throat and cut me off saying, I don't need to know any of that. when at first my cd of MRI wouldn't load, he said," I probably don't need it. you don't have MS" Great , he could have left it there, id be happy and leave but no....I cried for most of the appointment because I was distressed at his demeanor and callousness. He said my distress was further proof I had a psychiatric problem........I cannot explain the disgust I feel at having been put in a room alone with this PIG. he should just not be left alone with patients EVER.!! Thinking I'll lay a formal complaint.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2017

If there was ever a dr that could come nvince you that you should slit your wrists hang yourself or throw your self off a broken She because you are beyond help and unworthy this is the man. I can't stress how awful and insane doofus and heart less arrogant and self righteous this monster is. Given his obvious weight issue, popped a button on his lab coat while I was there, also took personal phone call while I was mid sentence. DO NOT GO TO THIS MONSTER! In fact thanks to him , I will never go to another medical person or facility again. I cant explain n in words how awful , evil and hateful he is.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2017

seems that you try to bring up what you feel is a valid concern, and he does not want to hear anything about it, quick to jump to MS being the ONLY valid diagnosis and throwing away everything else not to mention Lemtrada of course has to be the only valid option $10k+ per treatment, $$$$, not care about patients quality of life in the interim, not even seem care about giving all the proper information even the required information for the patient peace of mind. not like him, do not care how "rave reviews" he supposedly has, being the best or whatever, when you feel like a stranger forced into life changing decisions asap so they could possibly use you as a poster child for the drug company to reach their multi billion $ goal on a massively overpriced been on market for many year medicine, am not buyin is the best option, seeing as every MS med currently out there all say the same "We think this works because we think it may do this, or we think it may be doing this" Anyways, super super busy so cannot take the time with the patient as they deserve to have, even the smallest of questions seems to fall on deaf ears unless they fit in with his "opinion" his lack of knowledge to me really shows that unless you do exactly what HE wants, everything else matters little, MS is VERY unknown at this point, and doctor or whatever to claim they have all the answers is stroking their ego, at the cost of patients health and emotional well being. How do you get wealthy, easy, ensure the drug company meets their multi$ goal, get a fat pay cheque.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2017

Very rude, and has no idea what he is doing, sent my husband home, twice, with stroke symptoms, and second time, my husband had a major stroke during the night, leaving him disabled

flag | Submitted April 30, 2017

I am sure if what you are looking for is to be a lab rat or on very expensive drugs this may be the right doc for you? He is arrogant and dismissive with the patients concerns. This is a man who has bashed true science and other doctors neither of those things are copacetic with being a researcher. He stacks his stem cell studies with only the ones that he has cherry picked, even if you were dying and begged to be in one of his studies he would not allow that as it would show the truth about how ineffective his study right now is? There sure is a lot of hype over a procedure with massive risk (chemo therapy and stem cells) equaling death. But yet this is the same guy that condemned CCSVI without even looking at it! Again it just doesn't fit in with his study and looking for fame. Meanwhile Stem Cells with Chemo can only be done to 5% of the MS population, and CCSVI treated with simple angioplasty helps at least 1/3 of those with MS and possibly a whole lot more than that? This man should not be working with humans as he treats them like Lab Rats, actually no animal would deserve his abuse either.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2016