You may also like

Rate Dr. Mark Freedman

Dr. Mark Freedman's Ratings

We love Dr. Freedman. Having been one of the youngest Canadians diagnosed with MS before I was a teen (20 years ago). I am glad to say that my treatments have been going well. Dr. Freedman may seem overly confidant, but it's because he knows his stuff. This has been a life mission for him. I doubt I would be able to live the active life I currently live without his support.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2807311].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 14, 2015

I relocated from Calgary to Ottawa in 2008. I found it strange how quickly I could get an appointment with Dr. Freedman. It seems to be a hit a miss with this man. For me it was definitely a miss. He was rude, arrogant, self-absorbed to the degree where he answered a call on his cell phone during his patient - me. He was trying to sell his outboard motor and somehow that was more important than my appointment. After informing me that one of the many systems of MS was mental (could he not tell I was pissed by his rudeness?) and I could turn very angry. I had 2 appointments and an MRI in 3 years to show not had changed. I am now back in Calgary where I see my Neurologist every 12 years whether I need to or not. Dr. Murphy is an amazing, kind, considerate doctor unlike Mr. Freedman. Maybe he is taking OHIP for a ride? Just my thought…..

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2793400].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 30, 2015

Excellent physician with highly competent and professional staff. While nervous when I first walked into the clinic, my fears were quashed in a moment with a pleasant smile and understanding. While receiving a confirmed diagnosis of MS from another neurologist from a different province, Dr. Freedman could not confirm the diagnosis as of yet. While some of the diagnostic tests lead to this diagnosis, it is not yet confirmed and the investigations are on-going. I like working with a medical expert that has an open mind and is willing to work with me, and address my concerns at my own pace. Highly recommend this friendly, kind hearted physician who is passionate about his profession, his specialty and most importantly, his patients.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2781313].votes_count ]]

Submitted April 18, 2015

Should not be allowed to practice medicine. Dismissive, rude, condescending. Definite god complex. Apparently psychic as well - able to give a diagnosis just by seeing you walk in the door. Unwilling to listen to the patient - during my consult, he did not allow me to complete a single sentence. Without gathering any information about me at all, this joke of a doctor deemed all of my symptoms to be caused by anxiety (I wasn't experiencing any anxiety). Told me I could be cured from a host of symptoms (which were later attributed to cervical central canal stenosis by a health professional that actually deserved to be called a professional) if I would just go see a shrink and get some exercise. Any attempt to challenge this ridiculous suggestion was met with him cutting me off and raising his voice. Imagine if I were truly a person who did have anxiety, being yelled at I'm sure would really help that.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2776747].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 14, 2015

I visited Dr Freedman in Jan. 2014 We waited for about an hour passed our scheduled appointment. Finally got into the examination room when he entered, did not acknowledge us and went straight to his computer for another forty five minutes. Then he started to condescend my CCSVI treatment I had three years earlier in Costa Rica. Then he questioned the fact that I even had MS. My regular neurologist diagnosed me in 1999. The steady physical and neurological deterioration had me convinced this was not a common cold (Dr Freedman is not my regular neurologist, just a referral) In the same breathe he changed my present diagnosis from secondary to primary progressive MS with out even looking at me. I guess he must be confident or gifted. The only doctor that I ever seen that cold draw a medical conclusion with out looking at the patient. I left his office wondering why we drove six hours, it certainly was not for medical treatment. I am sure he is an accredited neurologist, but should be in a back room with a test tube NOT patients. I am convinced he went into the medical field to massage his ego not to treat patients.

Was this rating useful? 6 [[ userState['ratings'][2682720].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 14, 2015

Very disappointed in the care I have received under Dr Freedman & "his" clinc. I would best describe his approach as one of detached concern. He listens sparingly and only to be able to put forth his agenda. Not a good listener or open to discussion. He thinks highly of himself and this is clear in his actions & words. Decisions as to medication/ treatment are made quickly without clear explanation as to dosage, side effects or other options and without adequate discussion. Questions are met with patronizing and often times flippant answers. He "is the expert". There is no concept of working together with the patient in Dr Freedman's office. Furthermore, there is absolutely no interdisciplinary approach to the treatment of MS. Absolutely mind boggling in terms of MS treatment. If Dr Freedman cared as much about the well being of his patîents as he does his Pharma driven research, he could be an excellent doctor, but sadly based on my experience with Dr Freedman he is far from the great doctor he thinks he is and the clinic is sorely lacking in properly caring for their MS patients and meeting their needs. However, if you are willing to humour him and stroke his ego, you may get his attention. He seems to respond better to this kind of interaction. Sadly, so.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2555221].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 28, 2014

I saw him for migraines. Other neurologists had given up on helping me because my migraines were difficult to treat. He helped. We tried a few different triptans and we found the one that worked for me. Its not perfect, but it's much better than before.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1588715].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 17, 2014

I was referred to Dr.Freedman when I Moved to Ontario from Alberta. Upon seeing his College I was told I was in a minor relapse, and sent for an MRI. No lesions were found in my MRI So Dr.Freedman cancelled my Avonex prescription, said yes you have MS Symptoms you do not have MS. I have a O band positive LP, as well as I've had MRI's demonstrating plaques of demylination in the past. However Dr.Freedman took it upon himself to find a reason to push me out the door. Thanx to this doctor and taking me off the Avonex, all my symptoms plus new ones have occurred since stopping the meds, and I am now forced to move back to Alberta to see my neurologist there as I'm now on 21 pills a day to mask the neuropathic pain, spasisity, and much more. Very poor doctor!!! Rush's your appointments, and finds any reason possible to push you out the door.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][1588714].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 15, 2013

Mr Freedman who has a reputation of being the best in Canada, that's what he thinks. How can you justify pushing Gilenya on innocent people that have blocked veins. Gilenya has killed 11 people (reported that is, might be more by this time) and is linked to the development of PML a deadly brain desease that KILLS PEOPLE Does that sound safe to you?? It does to Freedman he keeps pushing Gilenya on people, mega bucks are made off with CCSVI/MS people that are hoping for a better living condition.....sorry Gilenya is not the answer. As for mr F and his attitude, his arrogance, his manners need to be fixed. He might have a heart of gold but so does a hard boiled egg.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][1588717].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 24, 2012

Dr. Freeman has great bedside manners. Always understanding, helpful, extremely knowledgeable in his field, insightful and supportive. He was always polite, respectful and punctual. I would never hesitate to recommend him to others.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1588713].votes_count ]]