Ratings for Dr. Mark Freedman

seems that you try to bring up what you feel is a valid concern, and he does not want to hear anything about it, quick to jump to MS being the ONLY valid diagnosis and throwing away everything else not to mention Lemtrada of course has to be the only valid option $10k+ per treatment, $$$$, not care about patients quality of life in the interim, not even seem care about giving all the proper information even the required information for the patient peace of mind. not like him, do not care how "rave reviews" he supposedly has, being the best or whatever, when you feel like a stranger forced into life changing decisions asap so they could possibly use you as a poster child for the drug company to reach their multi billion $ goal on a massively overpriced been on market for many year medicine, am not buyin is the best option, seeing as every MS med currently out there all say the same "We think this works because we think it may do this, or we think it may be doing this" Anyways, super super busy so cannot take the time with the patient as they deserve to have, even the smallest of questions seems to fall on deaf ears unless they fit in with his "opinion" his lack of knowledge to me really shows that unless you do exactly what HE wants, everything else matters little, MS is VERY unknown at this point, and doctor or whatever to claim they have all the answers is stroking their ego, at the cost of patients health and emotional well being. How do you get wealthy, easy, ensure the drug company meets their multi$ goal, get a fat pay cheque.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2017

Very rude, and has no idea what he is doing, sent my husband home, twice, with stroke symptoms, and second time, my husband had a major stroke during the night, leaving him disabled

flag | Submitted April 30, 2017

I am sure if what you are looking for is to be a lab rat or on very expensive drugs this may be the right doc for you? He is arrogant and dismissive with the patients concerns. This is a man who has bashed true science and other doctors neither of those things are copacetic with being a researcher. He stacks his stem cell studies with only the ones that he has cherry picked, even if you were dying and begged to be in one of his studies he would not allow that as it would show the truth about how ineffective his study right now is? There sure is a lot of hype over a procedure with massive risk (chemo therapy and stem cells) equaling death. But yet this is the same guy that condemned CCSVI without even looking at it! Again it just doesn't fit in with his study and looking for fame. Meanwhile Stem Cells with Chemo can only be done to 5% of the MS population, and CCSVI treated with simple angioplasty helps at least 1/3 of those with MS and possibly a whole lot more than that? This man should not be working with humans as he treats them like Lab Rats, actually no animal would deserve his abuse either.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2016

Totally dismissive of my file and facts about my previous definate optic neuritis and positive lumbar puncture. He dismisses all previous neuro assessments and barely even looked at my file for any information. He based his whole assessment on a few manual neuro tests in his office. He pulled up an old mri dated 2007 which was noted by radiologist...(seemed like the first time he had even looked at it)...he said that definately looks like ms 3 times but refused to do another mri to see if there had been further progression on my mri's. Unless you fit his patient criteria for his benefit...he will dismiss your case. I will never go back to his office or the ms clinic in Ottawa.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2016

STAY CLEAR unless you want to hear about himself or help him stroke his EGO in case there was something he missed to brag about. Dr All About Me needs to back to MED school and take Patients 101 because he is not there for patients but clinical lab rats that he thinks he can help!

flag | Submitted July 7, 2016

Very disappointed in the care I have received under Dr Freedman & "his" clinc, If I knew that ahead I would not travel for 8 hours to his office and another 8 hours back home . He is Not a good listener. ARROGANT, RUDE, ., his bedside manner is horrible He never initially acknowledged our presence, he was focussing on my medical report and it was so clear that he was reading it for the first time I was having issues with my memory and he was asking things so quickly his comments was so rude he threw like more bad news into my face in a couple of minutes regarding diagnosis . Once he found I wasn’t a potential subject for one of his studies he ended the meeting right away without any reasonable explanation . I simply felt I’m in a police office under arrest and the police officer “ Dr \Freedman” is so intimidating !!! It is apparent he wants new patients becuase he wants to throw another case into his research.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2016

Discovered a treatment for MS by cleaning stem cells, published in Lancet. Patients were cured.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2016

I have had nothing short of pleasant experiences on my visits with Dr. Freedman; I only see him once every year, but I always look forward to the next meeting. He's very to the point, but he's pleasant about it and always takes the time to answer any questions I might have...really good guy :)

flag | Submitted September 16, 2015

We love Dr. Freedman. Having been one of the youngest Canadians diagnosed with MS before I was a teen (20 years ago). I am glad to say that my treatments have been going well. Dr. Freedman may seem overly confidant, but it's because he knows his stuff. This has been a life mission for him. I doubt I would be able to live the active life I currently live without his support.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2015

I relocated from Calgary to Ottawa in 2008. I found it strange how quickly I could get an appointment with Dr. Freedman. It seems to be a hit a miss with this man. For me it was definitely a miss. He was rude, arrogant, self-absorbed to the degree where he answered a call on his cell phone during his patient - me. He was trying to sell his outboard motor and somehow that was more important than my appointment. After informing me that one of the many systems of MS was mental (could he not tell I was pissed by his rudeness?) and I could turn very angry. I had 2 appointments and an MRI in 3 years to show not had changed. I am now back in Calgary where I see my Neurologist every 12 years whether I need to or not. Dr. Murphy is an amazing, kind, considerate doctor unlike Mr. Freedman. Maybe he is taking OHIP for a ride? Just my thought…..

flag | Submitted April 29, 2015