Ratings for Dr. Franz Jonker

Although most reviews here for Dr. Jonker appear positive, ours will not be. My husband and I found him to be quite unfriendly...to the point of being rude. Inhospitable and unwelcoming toward us as new patients and quite arrogant with regard to stating that he, "KNOWS what will occur in the future". On being countered that this is simply not possible, for anyone, he again insisted with certainty that he knows what the future holds. This uncomfortable conversation occurred following telling him that we try our best to remain as healthy as possible by means of more natural products, diet and supplements as well as conferring with a trusted Naturopath from time to time and that we prefer to take pharmaceutical medications only when and if there is an absolute need. He did not like this at all and openly stated that his opinion of ND's is extremely low and that he would have no part in supporting such practices. We just walked out during the "meet and greet"...NO thank you very much!!

Submitted July 12, 2017

Terrific person. He has helped me through some very tough times. Incredibly thorough. Concerned with your whole well being.... not just your physical ailments. If you're lucky enough to have him as your physician, consider yourself fortunate!!

flag | Submitted January 29, 2015

Just damm awesome! I miss him as my doctor. He is a splendid practitioner!

flag | Submitted November 27, 2014

After visiting another local Dr. with my mom today I am so thankful that Dr. Jonker is my Dr. He is a very caring and thorough Dr. He makes you feel comfortable and takes the time to listen to your concerns. I am always happy to see him. I just want to express how valuable he is!!!!!

flag | Submitted October 23, 2014

I will always use Dr. Jonker. He cared for me and my unborn child when NO ONE else would. I was new here and didn't have a family doctor. I was having issues with my pregnancy and no other doctors would accept me as a patient because of my complications. He did what a doctor is supposed to do. He cared for me and my health before he thought about his "case load". I owe him a debt that I will never be able to repay. He is kind, compassionate, patient, and extremely caring. He is quiet, as some people have commented. But I just want to remind these people if your doctor is always "talking" then how much is he really listening? I will forever be greatful that God gave us such a wonderful doctor. Bless him and his family.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2009

He is often running late but always seems to take time with you once you see him. Easy to talk with and has a good sense of humour

flag | Submitted November 3, 2008

I took a day off work for a Pre Surgery Physical to wait three hours and be told that I would have to book again because they're computers crashed. No backup!??! I had to then take another day off work therefore missing two full days unpaid. Good doctor but that just made me exceptionally angry.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2008

Dr.Jonker comes across as the strong,silent type, at first, but after he get to know you better, he can quite talkive and very informative. He listens intently as I describe my problem,he then seems to think over my problem carefully before he makes his decision on how to treat my problem. I have nothing be praise for Dr. Jonker, and hope he stays in Medicine Hat for a long time

flag | Submitted July 29, 2008

Dr J has a way with him. Yes, he can be intimidating when he sits and stares, but, really he is just listening and processing. He has a wonderful manner, is gentle and trustworthy. A great man and fantastic physician, though you would not know that, as he is very humble about his own skills. I love him dearly and would not see anyone else. Thanks for being with us in the Hat.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2008

He was very knowledgable and explained everything very well to me. His staff was very friendly as well.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2007