Ratings for Dr. P Szego

As a patient of Dr. Szego for decades, I can assure anyone that he is a dedicated physician of the highest calibre in all respects. A top-tier professional with a frank yet kind, humanitarian approach to his practice of focusing on his patients rather than simply treating disorders and disease.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2017

Having digestive problems for years. This doctor cannot find the cause. Every follow up after tests, he has not read my file and we start from scratch. After a year, finally got a colonoscopy appointment. But he forgot! Waited for hours. He forgot to schedule a gastroscopy. The nurses say he is confused!! He should retire before he kills someone by missing cancer signs or the like.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2016

Dr. Szego is one in a million...a thorough, knowledgeable, kind, humane doctor whose guidance and advice is not only helpful, but practical. Have been a patient of his for decades now. He has always returned phone calls -even during evenings and on weekends! - and has always, ALWAYS, gone the extra mile and beyond to be of help and support.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2016

I went to Dr Szego a few years ago. Like others on this site, he made me VERY uncomfortable. He asked me inappropriate questions and was just too close to me during the exam. I left and never returned. I am sure many others feel the same way. I hope they speak out here,

flag | Submitted November 29, 2014

I had a terrible experience with this doctor. I went through an ERCP completely alert during the entire procedure. Then I developed pancreatitis and later scar tissue. At the follow-up appointment he was very condescending to my husband and I. Five years later, and I still have complications due to his unprofessional work.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2014

Dr Szego has been on my case for over 6 years now..He is TOPS..And has a good sense of humour...But very very professionnal

flag | Submitted August 3, 2012

This Dr. is very cool and has a great sense of humour. He's got a big heart and you can tell that he cares about his patients. He's to the point but listens well and is very helpful. I didn't feel a thing during my colonoscopy. Overall amazing person and doctor. I highly recommend Dr. Szego.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2011

Dr. Szego was my gastroenterologist when I lived in Montreal. I think he is wonderful. He came to see me in the hospital at 11pm once, apologising for coming so late. His son had been in a school bus accident; but he came in nonetheless. He was always friendly, gentle, understanding and willing to listen. My previous specialist, Dr. Miller, was so awful it was like leaving hell and finding heaven. Dr. Szego is a great, kind, wonderful doctor and I am so sorry that in moving to BC I have lost such a great doctor. Cannot rate staff or punctuality as I have not been there recently.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2011

Kind, gentle and very informative. Went for a colonoscopy - could be hell on earth, right? - but it was made painless and ultimately very doable. Very helpful with information afterwards. A great doctor!

flag | Submitted November 24, 2010

I used to be a patient of Dr. Szego's in the 90's. He was able to figure out how to get me off the steroids that had damaged my bones. Now, they are back to normal thanks to him and another a rheumatologist in Montreal. He was very informative for me and referred me to an excellent Gastro in Ontario. I hope he is doing well.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2010