Ratings for Dr. Elias R. Maraghi

he has over the course of time lost the passion and caring for his patients

flag | Submitted August 3, 2017

My in-laws have a list of problems but the most apparent one is mental health. They are both in there early and late 70's. Neither of them have had blood work in years nor have they been screened for the various cancers i.e. Prostate Breast Colon. They are both in very poor health and this man does nothing. My husband and I finally got them to book an appointment with him for obvious reasons that any sane person can see and he did nothing. My husband and I are at our whits end, we are dealing with two children and our lives have been turned upside down through all this. This Doctor has never referred them for any tests or screening and it is clear from just looking at them they have health issues! I guess all that matters is how many patients he can see in one day and not the quality of care to these patients. He gets a big fat 0 from me!

flag | Submitted July 19, 2017

When doc first came to Hastings, he was an excellent doctor. Over the years he has gotten worse. He doesn't care for his patients, just how many he can push through in a day. I have been a patient since he came here. I'm in constant pain 24-7, with no help from him. I have cold and can't walk to the end of the street without having to rely on inhalers, I have not seen a lung doctor, nor had any tests done for copd.been on the same inhalers for the last 10 years. Try to get anything done in this office is terrible. Staff try to send you to emergency for everything, if you want an appointment you need to know that in 3-4 weeks you will be sick. When you do get to see him... All he says, is keep up the good work, even when you are there gasping for breath. He needs to retire, so we can have a competent doctor again.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2017

Dr Maraghi and staff are great. The secretary is the most usless person I have been waiting over 3 weeks for a prescription refill yes 3 weeks with nothing promised it would be at the pharmacy today and well its not there. The pharmacy has faxed the refill paper 4times now and still nothing. Glenda you need to get off your lazy butt and retire no one needs your rudeness or for you to withhold refills for over 3 weeks cause your having a bad day. The only other problem your appt time and the time they see you is to far apart stop over booking we shouldnt have to wait an extra half hour. UNACCEPTABLE!!

flag | Submitted May 16, 2017

March 2017 Dr. Maraghi used to be a good caring doctor. but in the last year He is someone else. He should retire. I don't take drugs and I am not interested. I had lung surgery last year and I went to see him the other day because I was gurgling phelgm and I was worried. he didn't even listen to my chest to see if I had bronchitis or phnemonia or whatever just gave me a prescription for a medication that doesn't agree with me. and then I told him about my nerve damage from surgery and my trouble sleeping again he wrote out two more prescriptions. I don't want chemicals I just wanted advice. I went to the drugstore and told them that I couldn't believe what he just did and they said they couldn't even understand what he wrote. I said yes because he was in a big hurry. I told him I had a couple more things I wanted to ask him it would only take two minutes and he actually said he had no more time .... I still can't believe it. I see him maybe once a year maybe every two years. I am finding another doctor. He spent maybe four minutes top with me. No examination just sat there writing prescriptions. I didn't fill any the prescriptions. I will go the emergency outpatient until I find another doctor... Maybe he is sick or medicated I don't know but there is definitely something wrong with him. I hope he gets help because he is no longer performing his job as a doctor. Staff is fantastic..

flag | Submitted April 2, 2017

No experience with the Doctor himself but his staff are not the sharpest on the block. Closed and doors locked at lunch in a small community with NO other place to go for immediate help, the hospital would have been too far. In such a small town so far away from anywhere to get medical help this place should never be closed or be without a doctor. If you're on holidays, find a replacement doctor - what a novel idea!! My dad died on the sidewalk of something so preventable it is ridiculous! Anaphylactic reaction to a bee sting. I hope everyone enjoyed their lunch while my dad choked to death outside. By the time someone actually got up to answer the door from my mother's constant banging, it was too late. Good job medical staff, good job. Oh, enjoy your lunch. I personally, hope you choke on it. My dad was the centre of our world and family. You have destroyed and entire family and robbed grandchildren of their grandfather. My mother has been lost every since he passed and the trauma of seeing her husband turn purple right in front of her will never go away. Thanks for those lasting memories. I know you know who we are. I hope one day you read this and know the devastation you have caused.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2017

Dr. Maraghi has treated my 89 year old mother, who has Dementia and Bilateral lower extremity circulatory problems. He has always been very kind to her and takes the time to explain things to her. He has always acted very promptly when she has a medical issue. This man works long hours in the office, at the walk in clinic, at area nursing homes and assists with surgeries at the hospital. He has a wealth of knowledge and has a kind, caring approach to his patients. If needed he refers you to a specialist. I have never had an issue with him ordering needed medications. I have read most of the reviews that were written and I find it unfortunate that some of his patients find him to not be up to their standards. To those people I say , if you don't trust him then go elsewhere and stop bitching. Your excuses that he's the only doctor around don't fly with me. I really love the comments that he turned me into a drug addict, NO you turned yourself into a drug addict. I doubt he was there pushing the pills down your throat. Addicts will always either deny they have a drug problem or blame someone else. Grow up folks , nobody is kidnapping you and forcing you to go to him if your not happy. Anyways , I find Dr. Maraghi to be a dedicated, knowledgeable, caring doctor, and I'm happy my mom is in good hands with him. And yes like any hard working person, he deserves his vacations.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2016

very intelligent and confident doctor-has helped me a lot over the years and my family; we are extremely lucky to have him look after us; anyone who says otherwise is not truthful or bitter about the truth; God bless this man and his staff. Those bad reviews sound like low-life drug addicts who do not deserve the priviledge of this man's care.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2016

Dr. Maraghi treated me so bad i left his office in tears. I have a thyroid problem..graves diesase. .he would not even hear my symptoms..he changed my prescription after thirty years that the specialist put me on..i felt horrible and asked him to put me back on the same medicine that the specialist had me on..and he said my symptoms were all in my head..mental and i was old...he said if i did not like what he had to say..find another doctor.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2016

Connie is lovely, Trudy is a B**** and doesn't know what the f**k she's doing. Maraghi is a pill pushing moron, who works insane hours but then is off for months at a time. Couldn't diagnose gangrene if his own foot was falling off from it, and if you disagree with anything he says he threatens you and tells you to find a new Dr. which is obviously hard in this area or I wouldn't be his patient in the first place.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2016