Ratings for Dr. Linda Mrkonjic

If you get referred to her go get another opinion. All I can say is that this lady frustrates me and her staff is very rude. Yes, my injury is healing, but only because I had a second opinion and listened to my body.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2016

Dr. Mrkonjic operated on my broken ankle. She came to collect me personally in pre-op and explained her plan in layperson terms prior to my surgery so I understood what she was going to do. During follow up appointments she checked to confirm my fracture was healing as it should. I respect her direct straight-up approach and professionalism. It made me feel confident in her skills. I am grateful to be back on my feet and mobile again. I highly recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2016

I can't say whether she is a good surgeon. It seems to me that a surgical outcome is negative, though, if the patient does not recover. Told me my injury was healing abnormally but gave me no help with how to address that. Tells patients not to do physical therapy and instead gives home exercises with no oversight. Missed an injury from my accident because she jumped to a conclusion and wouldn't listen to me. Thankfully I saw another doctor, who found the injury. I am now seeking help from that other doctor. If she doesn't want to do surgical follow-up then maybe she can hire somebody to do it for her. What should have been an easy injury to fix became a nightmare because of her.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2016

I always find it weird that patients can anonymously review a doctor. First, patients don't necessarily have the expertise for all conclusions. Second, anonymous ratings allow trolls to comment who may not even know the doctor! I often wonder what the doctor would say about the patients who give bad reviews ... Granted, I am sure some bad reviews are fair, and some matters should be addressed. In this case, though, I am skeptical. That said, after reading the comments, I wanted to share my positive experience. Those expressing that she has a God complex would, I am guessing, not say that about the same conduct from a man. It is a ridiculous thing to say. I met this doctor after I basically shattered my wrist. From the beginning, I found her kind, knowledgeable, and accessible. The comments about her avoiding surgery baffle me. In my case, she told me immediately that I needed surgery. She called me at home to discuss specifics and was even nice enough to schedule it around important personal matters that I had scheduled. She came to chat with me before the surgery, explained everything in a patient way, and answered all of my questions. She asked me questions about my job and lifestyle, and my treatment plan reflected that. I found her immensely kind and comforting before and after surgery. Follow-up has been good, and she is extremely responsive when I have questions. Her assistant is wonderful and helpful. So far, my recovery has followed her predictions. She did tell me once that I was doing an exercise wrong, but that was because I was doing the exercise wrong ... I would expect her to tell me (responding to a comment below). I have nothing but glowing things to say about this doctor. I'd recommend her to anybody and am grateful to her for all she has done for me. It is clear that she is very good at what she does.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2016

I just had my first appointment with her. She is very knowledgeable and explained my injury with ease. The appointment was right on time, and staff was very helpful as well. I came out of the appointment very happy to see that my injury does not require surgery. She recommended a series of exercises that will improve my mobility. I asked a lot of questions and she was patient to explain them. If you are fortunate enough to have an appointment with her, you are in luck!

flag | Submitted June 14, 2016

My experience with Dr. Mrkonjic has been excellent. I found her extremely considerate and kind, spent time with me before my surgery and excellent on all follow-up appointments. Perhaps folks should understand she is a specialist, one of the very best, and she doesn't have to be everything. My injury was bad, it has healed perfectly and I attribute that to Dr. Mrkonjic and her recommendations. I like, and appreciated what she did for me, very much.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2016

I like Dr. Mrkonjic. She might not be politically correct, but she is correct. I think her medicine is ahead of other doctors. That's why a lot of people don't agree with her. But she's correct, and excellent at what she does.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2016

Wow, the negative comments below are so not the experience I had. She is funny and very personable. She did a great job on my torn bicep tendon, I healed very quickly. I will recommend her to anyone who needs an ortho doc.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2016

Horrible doctor. Although she explained things in a somewhat clear manner, she would not listen to the circumstances revolving around my injury and causing my injury but rather said because I cannot raise my one hand as high up my back as my other one, I have a frozen shoulder. What the heck kind of test is that to try and prove anything. Yes, I may have frozen shoulder but it's a result of partial tears in my shoulder. She told me there was nothing I could do other than stretching and even went to far as to tell me the physiotherapist and Kinesiologist I'd been seeing had me doing the wrong exercises and they wouldn't do me any good. She also told me the cortisone shots I'd been getting will not do me any good and a placebo would have the same results. Funny how I have full movement with cortisone and minimal movement when it wears off. If you have been referred to this doctor, get s different referral!!

flag | Submitted April 26, 2016

She seems like she might a decent doctor but I agree with the comments below, if there is another option TAKE THE OTHER OPTION. Shes unrealistic about recovery in a sense that she wants to put off doing surgery even if its the more beneficial option. In terms of recovery you are going to be doing most is not all of the work figuring out how to care for your leg because that sheet of paper she gives is not very helpful. Shes also not realistic about patients needing physio after the cast comes off because again telling someone okay every two hours walk around is clearly helpful. Also her staff is very careless, not much supervision that resulted in the bone moving and adding more time to recovery. Shes a doctor with a god complex that forgets that shes dealing with actual people and not just a limping pay stub, unless he staff is in a good mood they all behave the same. Seriously unless you absolutely have to don't go with her.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2016