You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Linda Mrkonjic

Wow, the negative comments below are so not the experience I had. She is funny and very personable. She did a great job on my torn bicep tendon, I healed very quickly. I will recommend her to anyone who needs an ortho doc.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2016

Horrible doctor. Although she explained things in a somewhat clear manner, she would not listen to the circumstances revolving around my injury and causing my injury but rather said because I cannot raise my one hand as high up my back as my other one, I have a frozen shoulder. What the heck kind of test is that to try and prove anything. Yes, I may have frozen shoulder but it's a result of partial tears in my shoulder. She told me there was nothing I could do other than stretching and even went to far as to tell me the physiotherapist and Kinesiologist I'd been seeing had me doing the wrong exercises and they wouldn't do me any good. She also told me the cortisone shots I'd been getting will not do me any good and a placebo would have the same results. Funny how I have full movement with cortisone and minimal movement when it wears off. If you have been referred to this doctor, get s different referral!!

flag | Submitted April 26, 2016

She seems like she might a decent doctor but I agree with the comments below, if there is another option TAKE THE OTHER OPTION. Shes unrealistic about recovery in a sense that she wants to put off doing surgery even if its the more beneficial option. In terms of recovery you are going to be doing most is not all of the work figuring out how to care for your leg because that sheet of paper she gives is not very helpful. Shes also not realistic about patients needing physio after the cast comes off because again telling someone okay every two hours walk around is clearly helpful. Also her staff is very careless, not much supervision that resulted in the bone moving and adding more time to recovery. Shes a doctor with a god complex that forgets that shes dealing with actual people and not just a limping pay stub, unless he staff is in a good mood they all behave the same. Seriously unless you absolutely have to don't go with her.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2016

I had no problem with this lady. Granted my case wasn't very complicated but she took time explained everything and asked questions to make sure I understood. I would not hesitate to go back to her or to recommend her to others.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2016

Avoid this doctor at all costs. I broke my ankle in August and when I first went to emergency they told me I would 100% need surgery and that the bone could not heal without. I then had to see her in the cast clinic where she told me we would try and heal it without surgery. I told her I'd rather just get the surgery if that's what needs to be done. She told me no. Come January when my ankle is still not healed she told me we could do surgery but it's my choice. I asked her what the long term effects would be by not getting the surgery. Her reply is "everyone's different." She's also very unrealistic about recovery time. I just went and saw another surgeon and he told he doesn't understand why surgery wasn't done in the first place. considering every doctor besides her that has seen my xray can't believe I haven't had surgery I no longer trust her and will never see her again.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2016

OMG if your doctor recommends this woman don't go. She is the meanest person I have ever met! She made me cry and she does not know what she is doing, the physiotherapist she works with is no better they were making walk up and down without a boot or anything on a broken foot of less than 1 week, I was in agony she was like you are not walking right roll your foot a walk properly I said I can't then she said well what is wrong with, should she not know that before she starts giving me treatment? They are telling me not to use my walking boot and use a shoe, my foot is so swollen I can't get on a shoe that's after a week. When I spoke to my doctor he said in his opinion I should wait till it's healed 6 weeks not 1. I will do more harm trying to walk on it. Please for your sake don't go! PPP

flag | Submitted August 7, 2015

Dr. Mrkonjic would do better if the didn't have patients to deal with as she doesn't have any empathy, patience or concern for people. My mother had a hip fracture repaired by this woman and not only is she in a lot of pain, but Mrkonjic told her she could go back to work after not even a month! My mother can barely walk! Mrkonjic does not answer questions regarding treatment and she outright lies on forms. I have never met a doctor so out of touch with such a God complex before! The sad thing is my mom is a sweet lady and this whole ordeal has given her so much unnecessary stress. Shame on a doctor who treats people this way!

flag | Submitted July 8, 2015

She made my recovery a complete nightmare. I was so far behind in physio since she was so unclear in her instruction. She yelled at me during appointments. I could not get out of there without crying. She refused to sign anything to let me collect EI while off work with a broken elbow and broken upper arm, stating that I "could just go get a job in clerical." Firstly, you don't know if I can even type! How dare you recommend this to me! Secondly, I now have extensive nerve damage, and at the time, my left fingers were unusable! Who is going to hire me when I am barely 50% functional? You have got to be kidding me. There was little to no instruction about what to do, she simply grabbed my elbow, threw out the sling/mould thing it was in, and told me I wasn't doing good. My surgeon was in BC, I moved back to Calgary after the accident since I needed help to do everything. I could not believe, after having such a wonderful and helpful surgeon, that I had been referred to this horrid doctor. Also, all her appointments are scheduled before 9am. That doesn't mean you won't be sitting there until nearly noon to see her. Appointments are a complete waste of time. I didn't bother going to my third one with her, instead I have found a physiotherapist to work with and now will have to find a new doctor to be referred to so I can find out exactly what to do with this elbow of mine to get complete range of motion back. Last words, to Dr. Linda Mrkonjic; Thanks for nothing.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2015

After reading the negative comments before my appointment I was a little apprehensive but Dr Mrkonjic was great and would not hesitate to recommend her. Ok you have to wait a while before you see her but well worth the wait.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2015

Great experience with this doctor. She was very thorough when assessing me on my first visit and took the time to explain her diagnosis. Surgery went very well on my knee and healing more everyday.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2015

Dr. Linda Mrkonjic's Credentials

AHC
Workers Comp

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Wow, the negative comments below are so not the experience I had. She is funny and very personable. She did a great job on my torn bicep tendon, I healed very..."

May 4, 2016
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Horrible doctor. Although she explained things in a somewhat clear manner, she would not listen to the circumstances revolving around my injury and causing my i..."

April 26, 2016
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "She seems like she might a decent doctor but I agree with the comments below, if there is another option TAKE THE OTHER OPTION. Shes unrealistic about recovery ..."

April 19, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had no problem with this lady. Granted my case wasn't very complicated but she took time explained everything and asked questions to make sure I understood...."

March 21, 2016
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Avoid this doctor at all costs. I broke my ankle in August and when I first went to emergency they told me I would 100% need surgery and that the bone could not..."

February 17, 2016
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "OMG if your doctor recommends this woman don't go. She is the meanest person I have ever met! She made me cry and she does not know what she is doing, the ph..."

August 7, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Mrkonjic would do better if the didn't have patients to deal with as she doesn't have any empathy, patience or concern for people. My mother had a hip frac..."

July 8, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "She made my recovery a complete nightmare. I was so far behind in physio since she was so unclear in her instruction. She yelled at me during appointments. I co..."

June 10, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "After reading the negative comments before my appointment I was a little apprehensive but Dr Mrkonjic was great and would not hesitate to recommend her. Ok you ..."

June 9, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Great experience with this doctor. She was very thorough when assessing me on my first visit and took the time to explain her diagnosis. Surgery went very well..."

February 13, 2015
  • A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "I've seen her many times and sometimes it was a good experience others not so much. The surgery itself went extremely well given the circumstances which is good..."

December 10, 2014
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "She decided she would not help me before she even looked on my injuries clearly described in the ultrasound report. When I pointed them out for her, she lost he..."

October 10, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Mine was not a complicated issue, but she had a very nice bedside manner, very helpful in my rehab options, gave me lots of good exercises, and instilled confid..."

September 23, 2014