Ratings for Dr. Linda Mrkonjic

I always find it weird that patients can anonymously review a doctor. First, patients don't necessarily have the expertise for all conclusions. Second, anonymous ratings allow trolls to comment who may not even know the doctor! I often wonder what the doctor would say about the patients who give bad reviews ... Granted, I am sure some bad reviews are fair, and some matters should be addressed. In this case, though, I am skeptical. That said, after reading the comments, I wanted to share my positive experience. Those expressing that she has a God complex would, I am guessing, not say that about the same conduct from a man. It is a ridiculous thing to say. I met this doctor after I basically shattered my wrist. From the beginning, I found her kind, knowledgeable, and accessible. The comments about her avoiding surgery baffle me. In my case, she told me immediately that I needed surgery. She called me at home to discuss specifics and was even nice enough to schedule it around important personal matters that I had scheduled. She came to chat with me before the surgery, explained everything in a patient way, and answered all of my questions. She asked me questions about my job and lifestyle, and my treatment plan reflected that. I found her immensely kind and comforting before and after surgery. Follow-up has been good, and she is extremely responsive when I have questions. Her assistant is wonderful and helpful. So far, my recovery has followed her predictions. She did tell me once that I was doing an exercise wrong, but that was because I was doing the exercise wrong ... I would expect her to tell me (responding to a comment below). I have nothing but glowing things to say about this doctor. I'd recommend her to anybody and am grateful to her for all she has done for me. It is clear that she is very good at what she does.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2016

I just had my first appointment with her. She is very knowledgeable and explained my injury with ease. The appointment was right on time, and staff was very helpful as well. I came out of the appointment very happy to see that my injury does not require surgery. She recommended a series of exercises that will improve my mobility. I asked a lot of questions and she was patient to explain them. If you are fortunate enough to have an appointment with her, you are in luck!

flag | Submitted June 14, 2016

My experience with Dr. Mrkonjic has been excellent. I found her extremely considerate and kind, spent time with me before my surgery and excellent on all follow-up appointments. Perhaps folks should understand she is a specialist, one of the very best, and she doesn't have to be everything. My injury was bad, it has healed perfectly and I attribute that to Dr. Mrkonjic and her recommendations. I like, and appreciated what she did for me, very much.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2016

I like Dr. Mrkonjic. She might not be politically correct, but she is correct. I think her medicine is ahead of other doctors. That's why a lot of people don't agree with her. But she's correct, and excellent at what she does.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2016

Wow, the negative comments below are so not the experience I had. She is funny and very personable. She did a great job on my torn bicep tendon, I healed very quickly. I will recommend her to anyone who needs an ortho doc.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2016

Horrible doctor. Although she explained things in a somewhat clear manner, she would not listen to the circumstances revolving around my injury and causing my injury but rather said because I cannot raise my one hand as high up my back as my other one, I have a frozen shoulder. What the heck kind of test is that to try and prove anything. Yes, I may have frozen shoulder but it's a result of partial tears in my shoulder. She told me there was nothing I could do other than stretching and even went to far as to tell me the physiotherapist and Kinesiologist I'd been seeing had me doing the wrong exercises and they wouldn't do me any good. She also told me the cortisone shots I'd been getting will not do me any good and a placebo would have the same results. Funny how I have full movement with cortisone and minimal movement when it wears off. If you have been referred to this doctor, get s different referral!!

flag | Submitted April 26, 2016

She seems like she might a decent doctor but I agree with the comments below, if there is another option TAKE THE OTHER OPTION. Shes unrealistic about recovery in a sense that she wants to put off doing surgery even if its the more beneficial option. In terms of recovery you are going to be doing most is not all of the work figuring out how to care for your leg because that sheet of paper she gives is not very helpful. Shes also not realistic about patients needing physio after the cast comes off because again telling someone okay every two hours walk around is clearly helpful. Also her staff is very careless, not much supervision that resulted in the bone moving and adding more time to recovery. Shes a doctor with a god complex that forgets that shes dealing with actual people and not just a limping pay stub, unless he staff is in a good mood they all behave the same. Seriously unless you absolutely have to don't go with her.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2016

I had no problem with this lady. Granted my case wasn't very complicated but she took time explained everything and asked questions to make sure I understood. I would not hesitate to go back to her or to recommend her to others.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2016

Avoid this doctor at all costs. I broke my ankle in August and when I first went to emergency they told me I would 100% need surgery and that the bone could not heal without. I then had to see her in the cast clinic where she told me we would try and heal it without surgery. I told her I'd rather just get the surgery if that's what needs to be done. She told me no. Come January when my ankle is still not healed she told me we could do surgery but it's my choice. I asked her what the long term effects would be by not getting the surgery. Her reply is "everyone's different." She's also very unrealistic about recovery time. I just went and saw another surgeon and he told he doesn't understand why surgery wasn't done in the first place. considering every doctor besides her that has seen my xray can't believe I haven't had surgery I no longer trust her and will never see her again.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2016

OMG if your doctor recommends this woman don't go. She is the meanest person I have ever met! She made me cry and she does not know what she is doing, the physiotherapist she works with is no better they were making walk up and down without a boot or anything on a broken foot of less than 1 week, I was in agony she was like you are not walking right roll your foot a walk properly I said I can't then she said well what is wrong with, should she not know that before she starts giving me treatment? They are telling me not to use my walking boot and use a shoe, my foot is so swollen I can't get on a shoe that's after a week. When I spoke to my doctor he said in his opinion I should wait till it's healed 6 weeks not 1. I will do more harm trying to walk on it. Please for your sake don't go! PPP

flag | Submitted August 7, 2015