Ratings for Dr. Linda Mrkonjic

Dear Dr. Mrkonjic , I would like to take this opportunity to express to you my most heartfelt appreciation for not only your skill but your compassion throughout this process. I also appreciate your staff for arranging tests, scheduling appointments with seamless effort. Your skill, knowledge and positive outlook played a major role in my surgery so well and so quickly. I truly believe that I was blessed to find myself placed in your more than capable hands. Saying “Thank You” seems so insufficient but I can find no words that truly express my feelings appropriately, so I will stick with those two simple words with the hope that you know the depth of emotion and gratitude they contain. Sincerely, Ryan Penner

flag | Submitted October 25, 2016

Over the past two years I received nothing but excellent care from Dr Mrkonjic and her staff. I suffered a tibial plateau which required two plates and 15 screws. I didn't think I would ever be able to get back to being close to normal but today after leaving her clinic for the last time, I feel really good about how far I've come and where I'm at now. I would highly recommend her for sure.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2016

Dr. Mrkonjic operated on one of my two broken ankles. She refused to look into my left ankle and in doing so I walked on it broken for about a year and a half. Every experience with her was not very good at all. I was in extreme pain and was told by her to man up and quit being a baby. Approximately six weeks after my accident she was ready to send me back to work. (I was a roofer who fell off the roof and had both ankles broken.) Dr. Mrkonjic gave me miss information and was very rude to me. On the plus side I got a new doctor who is absolutely amazing and fixed me up better then I could ever imagined. And informed me of what was actually going on and gave me the right information. I would never recommend this doctor to anyone. If you do end up seeing this doctor please go get a second opinion.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2016

If you get referred to her go get another opinion. All I can say is that this lady frustrates me and her staff is very rude. Yes, my injury is healing, but only because I had a second opinion and listened to my body.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2016

Dr. Mrkonjic operated on my broken ankle. She came to collect me personally in pre-op and explained her plan in layperson terms prior to my surgery so I understood what she was going to do. During follow up appointments she checked to confirm my fracture was healing as it should. I respect her direct straight-up approach and professionalism. It made me feel confident in her skills. I am grateful to be back on my feet and mobile again. I highly recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2016

I can't say whether she is a good surgeon. It seems to me that a surgical outcome is negative, though, if the patient does not recover. Told me my injury was healing abnormally but gave me no help with how to address that. Tells patients not to do physical therapy and instead gives home exercises with no oversight. Missed an injury from my accident because she jumped to a conclusion and wouldn't listen to me. Thankfully I saw another doctor, who found the injury. I am now seeking help from that other doctor. If she doesn't want to do surgical follow-up then maybe she can hire somebody to do it for her. What should have been an easy injury to fix became a nightmare because of her.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2016

I always find it weird that patients can anonymously review a doctor. First, patients don't necessarily have the expertise for all conclusions. Second, anonymous ratings allow trolls to comment who may not even know the doctor! I often wonder what the doctor would say about the patients who give bad reviews ... Granted, I am sure some bad reviews are fair, and some matters should be addressed. In this case, though, I am skeptical. That said, after reading the comments, I wanted to share my positive experience. Those expressing that she has a God complex would, I am guessing, not say that about the same conduct from a man. It is a ridiculous thing to say. I met this doctor after I basically shattered my wrist. From the beginning, I found her kind, knowledgeable, and accessible. The comments about her avoiding surgery baffle me. In my case, she told me immediately that I needed surgery. She called me at home to discuss specifics and was even nice enough to schedule it around important personal matters that I had scheduled. She came to chat with me before the surgery, explained everything in a patient way, and answered all of my questions. She asked me questions about my job and lifestyle, and my treatment plan reflected that. I found her immensely kind and comforting before and after surgery. Follow-up has been good, and she is extremely responsive when I have questions. Her assistant is wonderful and helpful. So far, my recovery has followed her predictions. She did tell me once that I was doing an exercise wrong, but that was because I was doing the exercise wrong ... I would expect her to tell me (responding to a comment below). I have nothing but glowing things to say about this doctor. I'd recommend her to anybody and am grateful to her for all she has done for me. It is clear that she is very good at what she does.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2016

I just had my first appointment with her. She is very knowledgeable and explained my injury with ease. The appointment was right on time, and staff was very helpful as well. I came out of the appointment very happy to see that my injury does not require surgery. She recommended a series of exercises that will improve my mobility. I asked a lot of questions and she was patient to explain them. If you are fortunate enough to have an appointment with her, you are in luck!

flag | Submitted June 14, 2016

My experience with Dr. Mrkonjic has been excellent. I found her extremely considerate and kind, spent time with me before my surgery and excellent on all follow-up appointments. Perhaps folks should understand she is a specialist, one of the very best, and she doesn't have to be everything. My injury was bad, it has healed perfectly and I attribute that to Dr. Mrkonjic and her recommendations. I like, and appreciated what she did for me, very much.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2016

I like Dr. Mrkonjic. She might not be politically correct, but she is correct. I think her medicine is ahead of other doctors. That's why a lot of people don't agree with her. But she's correct, and excellent at what she does.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2016