Ratings for Dr. David J. Zehr

I was worked in on an emergent basis due to my injury and that afternoon was in the operating room. Thanks to Dr. Zehr I have a fully functioning hand now. He was caring, direct and moved quickly so I would get the best result. I was told by several nurses at the hospital as well as the anesthesthiologist that he is one of the best hand surgeons around. I found that somewhat comforting since my injury was so severe. His staff and his therapist were all helpful. I highly recommend him!

flag | Submitted April 27, 2017

Dr. Zehr was awesome. My son had a severe infection in his hand. Dr. Zehr and his staff made sure to see him on an emergency work in basis. They waited an extra hour for us to drive 60 miles to get to Dallas. He is extremely knowledgeable and has an "available" attitude. He is definitely business oriented and that is needed when dealing with injuries and infections. His years of experience are a definite plus and helped to put my mind at rest. I am so thankful to have found Dr. Zehr for my son. He's the best!

flag | Submitted May 12, 2014

Dr. Zehr saw me & operated to re-attach my hand with a 6-hr sudden night-time emergency operation from an industrial accident even though I was unconscious, thus saving my hand. His therapy staff is wonderful, demanding & tough 'cause you'll need it. You will & they will get you through. A divine doctor, good man, & great human being, he too often works too long hours, his only fault (as if). Frank and still a great human being, & the best hand surgeon God ever took notes from. Without him I'd be wearing a claw. No other way about it.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2011

Fantastic surgeon. Honest. Has integrity. Dr. Zehr really cares about people and is probably the best hand surgeon in the United States.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2011

While I can't vouch for his surgical abilities, I can say that he had one of the worse bedside manners i've ever encountered. He barely looked at my injury, and I was ignored enough by his staff that I found a new physician within a week. Thanks to my visiting this clinic I was set back several weeks in my rehabilitation.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2011

worst dr ever known of!!!!!!!!!!...because of him my husband lost the use of his hand and then he was very rude about it!!!!!!!!!! a if my husband did not matter!!!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted June 30, 2011

Dr. Zehr is terrific. He is very straight forward, honest, and isn't interested in doing surgery for the money. He's intersted in what's best for the patient. How awesome is that ?? He is very busy because of his great reputation, which is probably the reason why he isn't always on time. I can deal with that, though. I'd rather have a doctor who cares about the patient more than he cares about the clock !!

flag | Submitted September 29, 2009

Dr. Zehr is a well-renowned hand surgeon in Dallas. He was recommended to us by a nurse friend of ours that knows a lot of the Dallas doctors and their reputations and expertise. Our son had a glass laceration across his wrist that cut through some major nerves that control the fingers. Dr. Zehr is one of very few surgeons that specialize in reattaching nerves so that the hand regains full function. He was able to reattach the nerves and our son regained full use of his hand and all of his fingers. Dr. Zehr's manner is strictly business and he is very intense and dedicated to his work, so don't expect a jolly, fun guy. But when you are in a crisis situation you want someone that is very dedicated and understands how vitally important it is to repair an injury correctly. We were so glad we were able to find someone with his expertise and skill to perform our son's surgery. Had we not found him, our son's use of his right had could have been lost forever, which would be very sad.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2007

Dr. David J. Zehr's Credentials

• In Univ Sch Of Med, Indianapolis In 46202 (Grad. 1975)