Ratings for Dr. Carol Yang

DR yang is an excellent doctor. She takes her time, is extremely thorough and follows up with past issues. I trust her judgement. However I notice that someone the lady at the reception can be quite short or rude. Also Dr Yang doesnt take any interested in your pernsonal history ( I was divorced, married, and came out of the closet and even though I hinted at some social changes, she never took an interest to ask about my personal life, which is very important to do !) She is however excellent in most other regards. She really needs to work on punctuality. Various ties I have waited well over 1 hour past my appt time. She needs to be more strict with the time she books and spends with each patient. Otherwise coming to see her requires a half day off work for a 15min appt.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2017

Dr. Yang has been my gp for over 10 years and is a wonderful, patient, compassionate doctor. Yes, you rarely get in on time but when she is with you, she listens to your concerns, checks you, provides requisitions for further tests and takes notes which I see as a positive. Whenever I visit her she always follows up on the past issues because of her notes! I appreciate that she takes time to really listen and is thorough. Her office assistant on the other hand, is very abrupt, not too friendly but efficient.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2016

Excellent family physician for my entire family. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2015

She has been my doctor since Dr. Lloyd-Jones left. I have never felt rushed by her and she listens to all I say. She often will check into current literature and get back to me with recommendations. I have found she sends me for any tests that may help her decide on treatment. What I like most is she listens to me, makes recommendations, and we both decide on the next move. I will never forget one time I came in without an appointment in a crisis, and she took me in and spent 45 minutes with me - never did I feel rushed. Doctors can't be perfect as they're dealing with a changeable and unpredictable material - the human body - but I trust her.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr. Yang's since Dr. Lloyd-Jones. I am very grateful to have her for my doctor and for her wonderful care for so many years. She spends the time with me that I need and takes the time to listen... I also love her staff. I have always been able to get an appointment when I needed one on short notice and the atmosphere at her place of work is very warm and welcoming.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2014

Dr. Yang prefers procedure over decision. I have seen her for over 20 years and find that she will refer you for any treatment. Her staff can be rude and often I am left waiting for up to 45 minutes.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2014

Dr Yang is broadly knowledgeable and keeps up to date with latest findings. She is also cautious and conservative which led to very early detection of a stomach pre-cancer in me. Might well have saved my life by now. She is a believer in following a proper regime of tests which seems to have peeved some other reviewers. To my mind, if more doctors were as conscientious we would not have such a pressing health care cost problem as we now have. Your care is in good hands with her.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2014

I couldn't put a 5 on punctual because it wouldn't be true, and I'm so glad she isn't because that means she is spending much need time with someone who needs more then a 15min. appointment allowance. I have been going to Dr. Yang since she had taken over the practice. We have been through a number of medical issues together and not once did she disappoint me. I am very grateful for Dr. Yang and her staff.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2013

I also have been a patient of Dr. Yang's since Dr. Lloyd-Jones left the practice (i.e., nearly my entire life) and I absolutely love her - she is thorough, conscientious, caring, and I trust my health to her completely. I was very sad to leave her when I moved across the country; I've since learned that doctors of her high caliber are incredibly hard to find. I can't say enough good things about her.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2013

This doctor is useless! Avoid. She doesn't diagnose, she loves taking notes, she is too chicken to be a real doctor and take ownership on anything. She is adamant against doing anything to help you, her philosophy is to do nothing and not get blamed rather then do something and get blamed. How can you be an effective doctor is you never take action when you see something wrong? She just keeps asking for more and more tests! Terrible doctor, too bad doctors don't get fired...

flag | Submitted December 8, 2012