Ratings for Dr. Ramen Chettiar

Dr. Chettiar should retire. He's not the professional he once was. He's not updated and he's often late or cancels. He's the doctor who won't take the patients input. We must report symptoms only! ie: I told him I was exhausted, felt weak, very pale, periods where heavy and irregular. I asked to test my Iron levels (I crossed the line!) He said NO! You need to lose weight. (approx 10-15 pounds)... but he did test my blood then confirmed my cholesterol level was too high and I needed to diet. but when I asked for a copy of lab results, he refused. So I got it from the hospital archives. I asked another doctor to explain results. I was told Nope there's No cholesterol? But... very low Iron levels and that I needed shots to fix Iron level or I would need blood transfusion. So I changed doctors, I concluded his ego & being right is more important to him then my health. I also found out he treated me with the wrong medication and it caused serious side effects. He doesn't care!

flag | Submitted October 14, 2011

He'll prescribe you what you want!!! had my sister pretending she was me get pills prescribed into "my name" over the phone for herself!! My mother had a tumor the size of a grapefruit on her cervix he called it an inflamation, she almost died she was hemoraging that night and DR. salib was the one who found what she had and was then rushed to halifax.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2010

Very concerned to do his best to help his patient every time we need him.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2008

this doctor is the best, he is very concern and take care of the patient with all his kindness

flag | Submitted September 12, 2008

I thought he was very helpful he certainly takes very good care of me

flag | Submitted August 25, 2008

Had a few very bad experience with this doctor and i do use the term lightly. my daughter had chicken pox and the idiot did nothing when i saw him at the ER well had to bring her to my doctor the same afternoon cause she was being poisoned. that was about 18 years ago so you see even in early days he was no good, all he can do is be a pill pusher. I would not bring my cat to this person. it is time he retired, he should have never been a doctor in the first place. his bedside manner is left to be desired

flag | Submitted April 15, 2007

Clearly time for him to retire. If you LOVE to take pills he's the doctor to see. My husband could have died if he had listened to him. He wanted him to take pills that he clearly didn't need, my husband told him that everytime he took the pill he felt faint and his blood sugar got way too low. His reply to him was "you got to take them no matter what". My husband is now with my family doctor and is no longer taking the medication Chettiar wanted him to take and trust me he's much better now.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2007

I find that it is hard to make a appointment with him. I have been a patient of his since i was born he delievered me!! hard to get a answer from him

flag | Submitted February 28, 2007

I like him he's a good person to talk too and he listen to you. He's frendly and he's a person that we'll help you.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2007