Ratings for Dr. Antoine Frederick Asswad

It's too bad he retired. I relied on him. A good doctor to have. Happy retirement!

flag | Submitted April 20, 2015

Dr.Asswad,was the best doctor in so many knowledge and very humain. He loved his profession and cared for his patients. Merci j'etait une patients depuis 1973 jusqu'a la fin de sa carriere Bravo et profiter de la vie .....

flag | Submitted September 24, 2014

Excellent doctor , the best in Montreal he is caring and very competent and very helpful, I was treated by him for years but I regret having left him because since then I never found someone like him!

flag | Submitted October 30, 2009

I was referred to this doctor by my great family doctor. So I assumed that I would expect the same type of treatment. I was HORRIBLY wrong!! I went to see him for a recurring yeast infection. He sent me to do some tests. The tests came back fine, he prescribed me yeast infection cream. Went again a month later, since it came back, told me that it was due to my birth control & that I should start taking Depo-Provera instead. Started taking that. A month later had another infection & went back to see him, his solution was that he would prescribe me with an unlimited supply of yeast infection creams, since it was uncureable & that I would have to learn to live with them. I asked that there must be something that can be done, but was yelled at with the door open. Never went back again. I eventually got referred to another doctor, who told me that it was cureable & within a month never had an infection again(2yrs +)!! BTW I got osteopenia @ 28yrs due to him telling me to take Depo-Provera.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2008

He was a great doctor, even though I was young he listened to my medical problems, did all the test and treatments neccessary. I was so glad that he was my doctor for my hysterectomy, because of him I have a great qualitly of life that I will be forever grateful to him for. He even came in on his day off, on a Saturday to perform the operation instead of letting me go home for the week-end and go back on Monday. To me he's a doctor that went well behond his duty as a doctor. I also have the question on where can I get my medical file??????????

flag | Submitted September 12, 2008

DR. Asswad was a great Doc, I was sad to hear he retired. He has been my dr for over 20 years and delivered my 3 sons, age 21, 19, 18. Does anyone know how I can get my medical file?

flag | Submitted September 2, 2008

I have nothing but the best to say about Dr.Asswad. He is a wonderful doctor and person. I was in the hospital after my amnio went wrong and because of him we have a beautiful 22 month old baby boy. He came to see me everyday (including Sunday) at the hospital. I would hear him in the hallways and knew I would be just fine. On the delivery day Dr.Asswad arrived and took total control of everything. I wish that he knows that we really appreciate that he has helped us. God bless you and enjoy your retirement. You deserve this time off.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2008

Dr. Asswad is one of the best doctors I have ever had. I was sorry to hear that he retired earlier this year. Yes, he was blunt at times, but extremely human and caring at the same time. I have known Dr. Asswad for over 25 years. He delivered our three children (20, 19 and 15). He was a passionate doctor and one of the most knowledgeable and experienced I have ever met. I as well was not thrilled on two occasions when he left us waiting in the waiting room to go deliver a baby, or made us reschedule after waiting a long time, until he left his patients behind to deliver my baby. The doctors were ready to perform a ceasarian until he showed up. Ten minutes later my son was born naturally. The younger doctors assisting were in awe. The nurses loved him as did most of his patients. And yes, he was proud of how he cared for himself and did not always have much tolerance for patients who did not do the same. Dr. Asswad is a great doctor, one of the best.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2008

C'était un très bon docteur, très compétent. Toutefois, il s'est retiré sans aviser ses patientes. En décembre 2007 il m'a confirmé qu'il en avait encore pour un an. En mars 2008 il n'y avait plus de service téléphonique. Un service spécial m'a envoyé mon dossier médical sans aucun commentaire et j'ai dù payer pour l'enveloppe, c.o.d. Il aurait pu nous reférer à un autre de ses collègues. J'étais une patiente de plus de 20 ans.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2008

Dr. Asswad has treated me since I was 16. I am now 51 and saw him for the last time in January. He has always treated me well and always put his patient's wellbeing before himself. Unfortunately, Dr. Asswad retired in February... he tried to stay on but had to stop due to severe back problems. I wish him well, I will miss him. It is the end of an era!

flag | Submitted March 25, 2008