You may also like

Rate Dr. Paul Rossy

Dr. Paul Rossy's Ratings

Dr. Rossy is a phenomenal human being! We have been bringing our three children to him for years. We are so fortunate to have him in our lives. He is extremely competent and knowledgeable and his level of devotion to my children is outstanding. Thank you Dr. Rossy for all of your hard work. If only there were more Dr. Rossy's in the world!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2877592].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 27, 2015

A couple months ago, I decided to change paediatricians. My kids just weren't happy or comfortable with our old one, and it was a struggle to get them out of the house and into the doctor's office for checkups without kicking and screaming. I'm the first out of my circle of friends to have kids, so I had no idea who to ask or where to find another doctor. So i came here on ratemds.com and started scrolling through the first couple of pages. That's how I found Dr. Paul Rossy. After reading through dozens of great reviews, I decided to give it a try and called his office. Luckily enough, I got an appointment not too soon after that. I cannot emphasize enough the dramatic change in my kids' attitudes toward Dr Rossy compared to the other doctor. Somehow, Dr Rossy got my son to crack a smile!! This is a big deal, trust me. He made them feel super comfortable and took his time to explain that there was nothing to be afraid of and that doctors are there to help (and not to harm) their patients and that it was his job to make sure that Adam (my son) and Kayla (his younger sister) were healthy kids so that they could play outside and go to school and go on holidays with nana and grampa. My kids left feeling really reassured and happy and as their mother, I feel 100% confident that they are in great hands. We really appreciate Dr Rossys excellent care. Thanks ratemd.com for saving the day!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2857866].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 6, 2015

I'll also say, we must not be seeing the same doctor. He's a doctor with an attitude and no compassion and all about getting patients in and out as fast as possible. He also exerts almost a contempt for the parents.

We never have trusted his opinion on important matters and luckily so as our one child was not treated for pneumonia which she had and we saw a second doctor who treated her immediately. As someone else comment his answer is typically 'it will pass'.

If he stopped to listen rather than assume, perhaps he might delve deeper and discover what we now must do at hospitals, but he has not time for this, another patient is waiting.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2856991].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 6, 2015

LOVE HIM!!! I'm a new mom who moved to Montreal with my husband for his work and the stress of a new city and being a new parent is really stressful! Dr. Rossy is really great, he always takes the time to explain what I should be looking for as my baby gets older and what to feed him, what to expect as he gets older, etc etc. he's probably the only force keeping me sane. Like I did not know what I was doing until dr. Rossy started guiding us through the different stages parenthood. thanks! :)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2817133].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 25, 2015

awesome Doctor..... always there and answering texts fast. knows his stuff and
all around great.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2811397].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 19, 2015

Mon fils l'adore et se sent en confiance avec lui, très rassurant. Un pédiatre extraordinaire d'une grande compétence.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2809347].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 16, 2015

I'm writing on behalf of all happy parents who bring their kids to Dr. Rossy!! Most happy customers don't bother commenting (I know I usually don't), but this man deserves a national honour or something! I've been bringing my kids to him for 6 years to his Westmount office, which lucky for me is just a street away so we can avoid nasty traffic! and each time is a packed waiting room. More than once, there's been a few spoiled and rude parents who think they're above waiting with everyone else, and I even witnessed one be nasty with the secretary because she had to *shocker* wait for 15 minutes to be seen! some people are just so rude. anyways, despite all that, Dr. Rossy *still* sees everyone in a timely fashion and is super professional at all times. I have no miracle story to share thank goodness, just that Dr. Rossy has consistently given my family amazing care through the years and I hope he keeps practicing for many, many years to come because this city desperately needs him!!!!! Thanks for everything! a bottle of wine at Xmas is definitely not enough!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2805923].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 13, 2015

I don't usually leave comments online, but I felt the need to share my son's life-changing experience under the excellent care of Dr. Rossy. My 12 year old son used to be extremely heavy. I don't know how it got so out of control, but as a single mom I guess I lost sight of what was really important and failed to monitor my son's eating habits and lifestyle. A visit to Dr. Rossy last summer confirmed something I think I always knew deep down: that my son was bordering on obese, that he could eventually develop early on-set diabetes, heart problems, and so many other health issues. I was in tears when I heard the words, but Dr. Rossy spent the better part of an hour talking my son and I through the situation in a calm and really positive manner. He helped us plan a diet regimen that would cut out processed foods and refined sugars, and he drew us a diagram of foods he should be eating in large quantities (e.g. green leafy vegetables, legumes, etc.), and foods he should avoid completely (e.g. junk food, juices and sodas, etc). He also talked about exercise with my son and asked him what kinds of sports he wants to play at school. My son told him that he got cut from the basketball team (which broke my heart, because I had no idea). Dr. Rossy encouraged him to eat healthier and get outdoors more instead of playing Xbox and going on the computer. He told him that if he did this, he would become the team's best player next year.

It was a tough day, but Dr. Rossy helped me stay strong in front of my son and for my son. If it weren't for him, I really don't know what I would have done. I ended up following the regimen too and lost some weight myself. I was never a very heavy person, but I realize now that Dr. Rossy's plan was not just a weight loss program. It was a lifestyle change, and a total life makeover. I now tell everyone that Dr. Rossy is a wellness doctor and a genius! But he is much too humble to call himself that. When I told him what a difference he made in my son's life, he just smiled and told us that he was just doing his job.

Fast forward to last week, one of several follow up appointments. My son has lost a total of 47 pounds since last year! He's no longer out of breath when he runs in gym class and he now takes the stairs instead of the elevator. And this is all because of one incredibly dedicated, genius of a pediatrician. I will never be able to thank him enough for saving my son from a life of health problems, so I wanted to post our story here, for the whole world to see. Thank you a million times for what you did for us, Dr. Rossy. Really, thank you.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2804663].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 12, 2015

I moved my wife and two kids down to Montreal from the States about a year ago, but finding a pediatrician was a nightmare. We asked colleagues and friends and Dr. Rossy was named the best time and time again. Good timing too, since my youngest started complaining of an earache the other week. We started to worry because he was especially prone to ear infections, and we figured we'd have to get him seen as soon as possible. The great Dr. Rossy was a godsend. He saw us THAT SAME DAY and wrote a prescription right away. On top of it all, he even texted us that evening to follow up and ask how my son was feeling. The little guy loves him and thinks that Dr. Rossy is his hero! Now if only my wife and I could find a GP who's nearly half as good.....

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2804100].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 11, 2015

As someone mentioned we must not be seeing the same doctor. Yes he is one of the rare pediatricians taking new patients. However he is all about swiping your card. He is cold and as for knowledge have never seen it.

I had many concerns about my daughter. She was a late walker and had a limping problem. He would constantly tell me she is fine, it will pass. He owes parents more respect because we see our children everyday and know if something is off. I managed to see another doctor who immediately sent me to the Shriners hospital. They now sent me to the Montreal Children's where she is being followed by a neurologist. Imagine Dr.Rossy never even asked her to walk towards him so he could see the limp.....NEVER!

Dr. Rossy is a horrible doctor. He has no compassion and his answer is always it will pass. Well I am so happy I decided to find myself help elsewhere. Please if you can do not make Dr.Rossy your pediatrician. He doesn't care about anything but his pocket!!!

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2803695].votes_count ]]