Ratings for Dr. Lesley A. Fein

Dr. Fein saved my life. None of the other doctors would touch me, it was to the point I couldn't drive, take care of my kids, carry by purse or a cup of water. Well known other doctors (LLMD ones) knew it was later stage and barely looked at me or ran appropriate tests. Time and time again Dr. Fein has known what to do, try. She has in depth experience, seen most symptons, knows later stage and co-infections from other markers, knows what labs to use (not just one), looks at things from other perspectives as well. My kids now go to her, we've recommended around 40 plus people to her. She truly cares and will do what is needed for the patient. Not base it on the politics. She is the best doctor. I highly recommend her. She cares, she expects you to take care of your health as well, understand and keep tabs on yourself. Lyme is complex, its not just one bacteria infection, its multiple, plus triggers so many other things.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2016

I usually have to wait 30-40 minutes at an appointment but it is so worth it because she spends as much time as possible with patients. Her staff are very nice and always make sure I feel comfortable, especially when I recieve IV. Dr. Fein is one of the smartest people I've ever met and is treating me for Lyme disease.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2016

She saved my life. Been seeing her for 10 years, now my children see her. After seeing 20 doctors, testing, testing, unable to care for myself or my kids. She was the only one willing to help me. I did go to several other lyme specialists, but they were afraid to touch me (even those on the boards), because I was so far along. I'm thankful for her dedication, knowledge and willingness to do what is right for the patient.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2016

Her front desk Marisol is horrible. I got a panic attack from her. I am working on getting my balance due to the dr. No one should be stressed and put into hospital with lyme because of the staff. I am in severe anxiety and can not sleep because of this it has made the lyme worse. Not the lyme it self but how they are not understanding. first of all she is very expensive I do not mean 400 dollars expensive I mean almost 20,000 dollars expensive for one year. So you have to be rich. Second, i am understanding my self and told the doctor and the staff please give me some time to get the money I will and in the past I have paid my balances. Just horrible, people are inviting more sickness from this negative front desk marisol.

Submitted December 7, 2015

Dr Fein is so much more than an LLMD. Her devotion to curing chronic illness is amazing. When I first began treatment with her, I could not fill out a form , remember what I did and lived a life of horrible pain and thought I would surely die. She is not at all interested in baby sitting and will write out directions if you need her to. She reminds me of Dr House. She found other illnesses and was able to give me directions on what to eliminate from my diet, what to add wholistically and does not profit off of herbals or other things like some of the other LLMDs I have read about. She is there to treat you and knows what she is doing. If you are someone who refuses to follow directions and are never compliant with your treatment plan, she will stop treating you because, face it, there are too many very sick people out there waiting to receive treatment. Those who are leaving mean spirited personal attacks must be either unwilling or for whatever reason, unable to follow directions. I am thankful to have my life back and because I followed her advice, managed to loose 100 lbs - no sugar and no gluten saved my life. Thank you Dr Fein, David and all of the staff, for giving me my life back.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2015

Dr Fein is by far the most ignorant health "professional" I have ever had the misfortune of seeing. After seeing her for a year, all she did was prescribe IV rocephin and a picc line (which I had done with my previous LLMD already) and told me to go figure out how to get a nurse and find a pharmacy that would actually fill that script, and her staff refused to help. Since a patient cannot set up such things on their own and I tried to explain that to her receptionist I was called stupid and then totally ignored. She has called me a liar for telling her that her staff wouldn't help me. I paid for three (very expensive) office visits to get test results and when I showed up she didn't have them. When I finally got them myself she couldn't interpret the results. She always seems unprepared for appointments, spending over half your scheduled time reading her past notes and will tell you to "shut up" while she is reading. Then, when the appointment runs over time she charges you in 10 min incriminates! After waiting three hours for my appointment that day, I was then charged an additional $150 on top of her usual $600 fee! Since her staff refused to help me, I found a new doctor that actually cares. After not filling my prescriptions and missing an appointment I didn't even so much as get a phone call- I don't understand how anyone could feel like she actually cares. All she cares about is my wallet.

Submitted September 11, 2015

I live in the south where there is virtually no hope for Lyme disease. After hearing her speak on television I begged my doctor here to call her office. Dr Fein agreed to give me treatment through my own GP here. or 8 months we did the anti-biotic treatment and I felt better than I had in 15 years, alas my own GP chickened out when it came time for the 24/7 Iv fluids for a month. I was devastated. I don't have money to fly to N.J. to see Dr. Fein, but the fact remained Dr. Fein agreed to see me and continue the treatment herself if I could come. I still live with this awful disease, it's starting to affect my memory, I am dragging a right leg around, and my body burns like fire as well as twitches, but knowing she was willing to help my Dr., and let me add this Dr was not getting a dime from that folks, it was all over the telephone with 'nothing' in it for her. That was someone who was not only going above and beyond, but that was kind, generous, and what small amount of treatment I did receive was working. Without going to her or being a actual patient, I would say....look past the staff, this Doc knows what she is doing. Thank you Dr Fein, I would give anything to be able to be your patient, this disease has robbed me of the last 20 yrs of my life. I would give anything to not be 56 yrs old and never able to enjoy my grand children. It's the saddest thing ever. You all should be so grateful to live so close enough to have her care. I could not be more jealous. Be glad you aren't in my shoes.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2015

Dr. Fein is a good doctor for Lyme and Lyme ONLY. She doesn't seem to know anything else and is extremely myopic. If you venture out of her "Lyme lane" she won't talk to you about it. She will pass you over to another specialist so during your appt don't speak of anything but Lyme. Her receptionist is the most horrible human being on the planet! I have no idea why she is so utterly MISERABLE all the time. Does SHE have Lyme?? She's nasty and curt...I can't stand her. Does Dr. Fein really want her to be the first person a new patient speaks with?? I'm looking for another doctor.

Submitted August 13, 2015

Dr. Fein saved my life. No one knew what was wrong with me, or was able to explain my symptoms. I knew I had lyme and had been previously tested for Lyme, but the way results are read and which labs are used is the difference between a correct diagnosis. She tested me for numerous diseases, infections, viruses and immediately started me on treatment. It was a hard road for me, but I am so thankful that I was properly treated. As other comments say, she is no bs, but I appreciate that. This is not an easy specialty and she has fought to practice. I would recommend seeing her if you have been diagnosed or have ANY suspicion of Lyme.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2015

Wasted a year and a half and thousands of dollars on this doctor. Saw no improvement and only got worse. When I questioned her whether we should try another type of medication she blew up in my face and became verbally abusive. She made excuses left and right about what disease I might have and really seemed not to know how to cure me. Her big complaint was that I did not schedule office visits with her every month. Well, for $500 per visit and no insurance accepted, I could not afford to go every month. This was the reason plain and simple why she wouldn't help me ... she couldn't make enough money off me. So if you have thousands of dollars on hand to spend and can see her every month, then it's highly likely she will help you. If not, find another doctor quickly, before you waste any more time or money!!

flag | Submitted February 23, 2015