flag | Submitted February 4, 2016

Worst Doctor ever!! I was rushed to labor quickly all because he had patients in his own private office. Doctor didn't even visit me. He only wanted to drug me up and cut me open. Staten Island hospital is the worst. There heart rate machines for my baby were broken during my delivery. They kept me confined to a bed when I asked to go walking so I can deliver vaginally they said no to me that I had to stay in a room. This doctor broke my water without even asking me. He broke it when my baby was not even ready to come out. I will Never recommend him. He had my child in th NICU for three days because he decided to labor other woman before me. I was a prisoner in the hospital for five days. Total torture. He is lucky I didn't sue him or that hospital. This doctor was to busy and has to many patients. He will rush you and perform a c-section when it's taking to long for him. Like the last person said worst experience of my life. He Robbed me of a natural birth and made me not ever want to go through delivery ever again.

Submitted January 20, 2016

flag | Submitted October 29, 2015

EXCELLENT DOCTOR, WONDERFUL STAFF, GREAT ATMOSPHERE.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2015

Worst experience of my life was my delivery with my first child by him. Thank God baby is ok now but extended stay in the NICU, 52 hours of labor all because he blatently said he didn't feel like working and giving me a C section. No epidurals worked and he just told me to "man up". I am grateful to be alive and even the L&D nurse apologized for his actions and gave a private room to me on her.

Submitted August 19, 2015

Dr Heltzer is Amazing!!!! He delivered my daughter and really helped me through it. So dedicated and caring and never ever made me feel my questions or concerns were unwarranted.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2015

OMG this Doctor is AMAZING! I delivered my 2 kids with his help and I would never ever go to anybody else. He will understand all your problems and concerns, gentle, funny, always there if you need him, not even mention his beautiful new office and friendly staff - simply the best.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2015

flag | Submitted February 19, 2015

Dr. Heltzer is the best!!! He is so dedicated to what he does. He made the whole pregnancy with my daughter very comfortable. His staff doesn't over book so I never waited more than 30minutes to see him. He spends time with questions or concerns. It is very easy to get a hold of his office with questions. Amazing doctor!!!

flag | Submitted November 11, 2014

He is simply fantastic. Caring, attentive, and available. He came to my hospital delivery room at 4AM to see how my labor was progressing.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2014

Dr. Paul Heltzer's Credentials

• St George'S Univ, Sch Of Med, St George'S, Grenada (Grad. 1998)

GHI
HIP
HealthFirst
HealthPartners
Medicaid / Medi-Cal
Oxford

Updates

• A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Almost went blind because he doesn't know how to dose medication. Do your research."

February 4, 2016
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "Worst Doctor ever!! I was rushed to labor quickly all because he had patients in his own private office. Doctor didn't even visit me. He only wanted to drug me ..."

January 20, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "LOVE LOVE LOVE Dr Paul Heltzer!! He has delivered two of my kids and has been an amazing doctor! "

October 29, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "EXCELLENT DOCTOR, WONDERFUL STAFF, GREAT ATMOSPHERE. "

September 29, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "Worst experience of my life was my delivery with my first child by him. Thank God baby is ok now but extended stay in the NICU, 52 hours of labor all because he..."

August 19, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Heltzer is Amazing!!!! He delivered my daughter and really helped me through it. So dedicated and caring and never ever made me feel my questions or concerns..."

July 13, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "OMG this Doctor is AMAZING! I delivered my 2 kids with his help and I would never ever go to anybody else. He will understand all your problems and concerns, ge..."

April 16, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Absolutely one of the best in the island! Dr. Heltzer is kind, caring and communicates well."

February 19, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Heltzer is the best!!! He is so dedicated to what he does. He made the whole pregnancy with my daughter very comfortable. His staff doesn't over book so I n..."

November 11, 2014