Ratings for Dr. George T. Adler

He's a jerk. That would be tolerable if he was good at his job, but he's not that either. He prescribed two conflicting medications, actively fought against my tubal ligation, had a nasty attitude with me after I eventually got the tubal ligation anyway, and when I had recurring cases of BV as a result of an original instance of it going untreated for 6 months because they kept telling me it was "all in my head," he refused to prescribe the antibiotic for it and suggested that I "learn to live with it." Lastly, he recorded inaccurate information in my health record. I've had the same boyfriend for 5 years, and it's the only person I've had sexual contact with, but when he asks about sexual activity, he always records that it was a new partner. I'm not sure if he does that on purpose to be a malicious prick or if he's just so inattentive that he doesn't realize he's writing the wrong thing down. Worst gynecologist ever.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2015

Dr. Adler is extremely ineffectual. He doesn't take time to listen to what is being said, and also recorded inaccurate data in my health record. At the moment he heard "hot flash" and "sweating" he interrupted me and would not listen to any other symptoms/problems that I am experiencing. He then prescribed Estrogen pills without running any blood test to check my hormone levels. When this medication made my symptoms worse and caused side effects, and I reported this (via phone to nurse) he only changed the RX to patches - still no blood tests to check levels. Seems like most VA doctors are dangerous to our health.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2012

This is the worst Doctor I have ever seen and I hope to God I never see another Doctor like this again , I so agree with the other post , He does not listen to you at all , I had something happen to me also and he could care less , and his so called nurse well she is not a nurse at all , she has no idea what she is doing and he could care less please don't go to this Doctor , and if you are pregnant please go some were else , I hope and pray I don't see anyone ellse hurt by this Doctor . Also the staff tells you not to worry when they have no idea what they are talking about .

flag | Submitted November 23, 2009

In my opinion this doctor is the worst kind. He has a warm, caring, fatherly manner that lulls you into believing he is a great doctor who will see to it you are well cared for. Maybe some people have found this to be the case, especially if receiving only routine care. BUT my experience was very different and ended very badly. Speaking for myself, I trusted Dr. Adler based on a seemingly sincere bed-side manner. But when I eventually had a very serious situation, he patronizingly dismissed my concerns, didn't remember important information (apparently reviewing my file must have been too much effort as well), didn't advise me of other options, etc. and to top it off, his apparently devoted staff supported this behavior, encouraging me to ignore problems/side effects and go along with 'Dr. knows best'. Personally, I learned a terrible but important lesson - if you have a serious problem, do your own medical research and never trust any doctor based on his charming bedside manner alone.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2008

He's only doing gynecology right now. His staff is extremely nice and helpful and he is very easy to talk to, professional and knowledgable.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2005

Dr. George T. Adler's Credentials

• Columbia Univ Coll Of Physicians And Surgeons, New York Ny 10032 (Grad. 1966)