Ratings for Dr. Sophia Tchervenkov

Secretary has no manners, she shouldn’t be working with people. I don’t know how she’s still employed, there are so many complaints about her.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2017

The secretary is very rude and likes to play doctor/give order to patiant... It is so difficult to have an appointement, it is never the right time as the secretary would says (you have to call à couplies of time before to be able to have one) also she has inappropriate with issues of confidentiality... I have doubt about the Doctor after my sugery ( at St Mary's ) because i was supposed to have only a total hysterectomy and wake up with a subtotale and ovarectomy bilatéral, then when i ask to see her, for a couples day, the nurses keep telling me that she wasen't there altough i heard her name via the hospital calling's service (interphon) but the her Residents came to see me and they were acting very strange. when she finaly came to see, she was also acting very weird, i noticed that she lookéd very tired...soon after that she tooked à vacation...so I question my self a lot about my surgery and aks a copy of my chart...i still wonder??. Also i hade to pay for every little paper i think 100$ . This Dr seems has the love for money à lot. Her secretary and her always promot privat clinic and want to send me there for my examen saying they will get the result faster... I met this Dr, when i had my last kid at st -Mary's, she replaced my Dr. That day. She seemed nice, so few years later i decided to have her as my doc but huge mistake....difficultés to take an appointement and when you get there you have to wait a lot and then when the secrétary ask you to go in the examan's room, you still have to wait a lot again in the jaquet before the Dre come to see you... she does not like to be challenged and dosen't look at you while talking to you...i dont trust her and dont recommand her to anyone, sorry that is my experiance and the way i feel!

flag | Submitted October 3, 2017

Dr. Tchervenkov's Secretary is awful. It is impossible to take an appointment with the Doctor, any time you call (in April, October, November) or any other time is always not a time to get an appointment or everything is already full and there are no more available appointments for check-up. And this was like this for the last 5 years. I always put a reminder in my calendar to call in the first hours of the week Jovanna has told me to call and it is always late according to her and she asks me to call again the first week of next April or October or there was a time also asking to call for an appointment in November. For 5 years it was never the right time when I called, and this is 2 times a year. Today she told me that she cleaned up her files and I am no longer their patient as I have not been seen for the last 5 years and I lost my rights to be a patient. I am considered now a new patient and I should look for another Doctor as Dr. Tchervenkov doesn't take new patients. Jovanna refuses to be responsible for turning down patients. On the question, if I am dying from a gynecological problem because I am not able to get an appointment with the Doctor, she answered me that there is an emergency room to call for help. The story is much longer but I will stop here.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2017

She knows what she is doing. Also, she is huminist

flag | Submitted May 8, 2017

There is one good thing I can say about Dr. Tchervenkov - she seems knowledgeable and has plenty of experience. But that is all. I was her patient a while ago for quiet some time, and I would not recommend her to anyone. First, wait times are bad, like really bad. And all of those comments making an excuses, well, you shouldn't. All doctors are busy, so is my current one, yet I don't have to wait for 2 + hours to be seen for a 5 minutes. Not only wait times were long, her appointments were always short. If you have more than 1-2 questions, she'll be standing and holding a door handle, half way turned her back to you, not even looking at you, while answering the rest of your questions - very rude. She was not "bad" to me during my first pregnancy. Later on I realized it was only because I had an easy no complication pregnancy. It was a whole different with my second one. I was called a "whiner", "drama queen", "attention seeker" just to name a few. With my third pregnancy I only made it to her first appointment before switching the doctors. I was not given physical exam, even though secretary told me to undress. Right away she told me that at the age of 36 I should not be having kids. Any of my concerns were met with "well, you have small children already, of course you're tired, nauseous, (insert anything here). Everything, even my spotting was blamed on my children. I was made feel like I'm committing a crime having more, than 2. That was the last time I saw her. Since then, I met a wonderful doctor, my pregnancy went without a glitch, I delivered a healthy child. Really wish I never met Dr. Tchervenkov and never had to experience this kind of treatment. Also her secretary is very much like the doctor - moody, curt, not helpful, never returns messages and never connects you with a doctor if you have a concern. Do yourself a favor, avoid this doctor.

Submitted March 8, 2017

An amazing Dr.Excellent knowledge.Very overworked so sometimes you have a wait at an appt but totally worth it.Wonderful personality .

flag | Submitted December 24, 2016

I love Dr. Tchervenkov. She is so sweet and funny. She has lots of knowledge and answered all my questions. Waiting can be long when you book an appointment in the afternoon, because people come unexpectedly or come on the wrong day. That happened to me once and they didn't send me back home. I was happy because I had to take time off work so it was convenient for me. Secretary is very chatty and nice too.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2016

Worse secretary Giovanna. Impossible to get appointment It been 2 years I been waiting to get an appointment everytime I call she tells me to call within in 2 months and rudely hangs up the phone.2 months been 2 years Find another doctor no need to deal with stupid people.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2016

I totally trust this doctor. She's always been there for me. And her secretary is very nice. I understand the doctor is very busy and I accept it. It's a small price to pay for her extended knowledge.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2016

Impossible to get appointment . I had a biopsy a year ago and needed follow-up but I cannot manage to secure an appointment. one can die of cancer before securing a follow-up! they are only interested in pregnant women...

flag | Submitted October 6, 2016