Ratings for Dr. Michael Rudd

I had Dr Rudd for my pregnancy and I truly do trust his opinion. I never once felt rushed, always asked if I had any more questions. I recently went back to him due to miscarriage and he answered all my questions and asked several times if I had any other questions etc. He's been nothing but kind and helpful. He told me what to look out for and a time line of how long I should bleed for with the mc and when to get checked out etc. I will go back to him for my next pregnancy.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2017

Back in April when i still had my IUD i began to experience constant pain. I went to the hospital and it turned out my IUD shifted causing irritation and they were worried it might end up puncturing me. So they referred me to Dr.Rudd. my experience was far from pleasant and i didnt even get past reception let alone have a visit. The hospital assured me because of the seriousness of what might happen i should see someone asap. After a week with no call i called the office during their opening hours with no luck. I called everyday with no way to leave a message. So i called everyday. About a little into the seccond week i finally got through. They lady on the other end was far from understanding or friendly. She told me that this wasnt a huge issue and Dr.Rudd only deals with clients he feels "are worth an actual emergency" i told her this is what it was and thats why i got the referral. She waved me away and told me it might take a few months because my problem was not something they should just push my in for and ill have to wait. I spent that whole day in tears because of what she said. I was mad and scared. I went to the hospital that day in tears. And told them what happened. They took it out for me that day because i couldnt take it any longer. I tried calling Dr.Rudd's office to let them know i got it out no thanks to them but again no one answered and no way to leave a message. Today August 25th 2017 Dr.Rudd's office finally called me about my referral that was made months ago. April-August almost September on an Emergency Referral. I was furious and didnt give the reception a chance. Sorry not Sorry but you dont turn down Emergency Referrals because the doctor doesnt deam it a real emergency. I tell people about this all the time in hopes they never have to experience what i did with this office. Im sad that i had experienced it myself. That is why i rated so low. The one staff member i spoke to was horrible to me, the punctuality is awful (April to August), absolutly no help since i begged to get someone else to do it for me, no help at all, and i know nothing about ther knowledge since i didnt get to see the man myself.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2017

I was referred to Dr. Rudd when it was determined that I needed a hysterectomy and I requested to have it done laparoscopically as my usual Gynaecologist doesn't do it that way. Dr. Rudd was very kind, informative and professional at my initial consultation and approved me for laparoscopic surgery. I feel very comfortable with him and will review again after the surgery.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2017

Dr. Rudd was my primary OB during my pregnancy and assisted with my c-section during the birth. He is wonderful! Very calm, knowledgeable and more than willing to answer a first-time mother's (numerous) questions. I had a few pelvic exams and cervical checks done and have found him to be very gentle compared to some of the other OBs and my family doctor.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2017

Severe upper quadrant pain (30+hrs) with brutal nausea. Doc came in: Didn't even touch the area. Bloodwork was 'normal'. Blew it all off as 'just a part of pregnancy'. Smug and cocky. Did not appreciate driving an hour to not even be checked. Still in pain. Now told Because baby is fine, I can go to a regular emerg if pain continues. Hmmm...you'd think at 33 weeks 'we' would be one in the same. Clearly not the case in the eyes of a doc. 😕

flag | Submitted November 18, 2016

I was referred to Dr Rudd for infertility concerns, and so far I've only seen him once but it was a very positive experience. I found the office layout a little strange at first and felt like I was intruding in someone's personal office when I went to check in with the receptionist. But both receptionists seem so friendly so that feeling of being an intruder went away quickly. Prior to seeing Dr R I already suspected the reason I haven been able to conceive and had done some research on what can be done and asked around online what other people's experiences were. Most seemed to be given a prescription with little to no testing done first. For some that works, but not everyone. So I was pleasantly surprised when I was not given a prescription but a plan for more testing to determine which treatment will be right for me. Also I'm a talker, so I'm used to seeing the look of "oh my God, shut up." Come over peoples faces. ...either Dr R was not phased by my inability to keep my answers to his questions short, or he's really good at not making the "oh my God, shut up" face. Either way I feel very comfortable with him already, and feel confident that in due time, and with his help, my husband and I will finally become parents. ...oh and I forgot to mention how surprised I was at how short my wait time was, for one to get an appointment with him, and two how little we waited in the waiting room.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2016

Dr. Rudd was not my primary OB during my pregnancy, but was my delivering doctor. My waters ruptured at about 3am and I headed to the hospital and was there by 4am. I laboured all day long and did not deliver until nearly midnight. He was in the hospital all day on and off and never stopped into my room to so much as introduce himself. My primary OB came in on her day off to see me, as well as my regular doctor... this was a holiday weekend as well so for them to do that was very much appreciated! When it came to delivery, Dr. Rudd was there long enough to catch the baby. What I didn't find out until 6 WEEKS LATER, was that I had a placental abruption caused by him pulling out my placenta by the umbilical cord rather than allowing me to deliver it naturally... resulting in a large amount of blood loss. Again, he nor any of the nurses told me what was going on at anytime during my hospital stay, as far as I was concern it was all normal. I would never EVER see Dr. Rudd by choice, and if I am ever blessed enough to have him as a delivering Dr again, I will make sure that I am very aware of everything he is doing.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2016

I've seen dr Rudd for all 4 of my pregnancies by far one of the best with my third baby I had him in under a hour didn't make it to the hospital as I live 2 hours away he made sure with my fourth baby I didn't have the same experience as soon as I was progressed enough he did a sweep and I was on my way to the hospital 2 hours in labour and I delivered a healthy beautiful baby girl!! Highly recommended him as a obeys

flag | Submitted January 20, 2016

Although Dr. Rudd was very courteous and patient, his insertion of the Mirena birth control device has caused my wife extreme long-term health problems and costly emergency surgery. Pls beware.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2013

I saw Dr Rudd a few weeks ago. I needed an abdominal hysterectomy due to uterine fibroids. He was punctual, friendly, knowledgeable and answered all my questions (and yes I had many!). He has this calming effect on patients and an easy smile. The surgery went as planned, I asked if I could stay one more day at the hospital and he had no objection. I healed very well, no infection. The suture he did look, just a tiny line, well done Doc! I would highly recommend him to all my girlfriends.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2013