Ratings for Dr. Michael Rudd

Dr. Rudd was my primary OB during my pregnancy and assisted with my c-section during the birth. He is wonderful! Very calm, knowledgeable and more than willing to answer a first-time mother's (numerous) questions. I had a few pelvic exams and cervical checks done and have found him to be very gentle compared to some of the other OBs and my family doctor.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2017

Severe upper quadrant pain (30+hrs) with brutal nausea. Doc came in: Didn't even touch the area. Bloodwork was 'normal'. Blew it all off as 'just a part of pregnancy'. Smug and cocky. Did not appreciate driving an hour to not even be checked. Still in pain. Now told Because baby is fine, I can go to a regular emerg if pain continues. Hmmm...you'd think at 33 weeks 'we' would be one in the same. Clearly not the case in the eyes of a doc. 😕

flag | Submitted November 18, 2016

I was referred to Dr Rudd for infertility concerns, and so far I've only seen him once but it was a very positive experience. I found the office layout a little strange at first and felt like I was intruding in someone's personal office when I went to check in with the receptionist. But both receptionists seem so friendly so that feeling of being an intruder went away quickly. Prior to seeing Dr R I already suspected the reason I haven been able to conceive and had done some research on what can be done and asked around online what other people's experiences were. Most seemed to be given a prescription with little to no testing done first. For some that works, but not everyone. So I was pleasantly surprised when I was not given a prescription but a plan for more testing to determine which treatment will be right for me. Also I'm a talker, so I'm used to seeing the look of "oh my God, shut up." Come over peoples faces. ...either Dr R was not phased by my inability to keep my answers to his questions short, or he's really good at not making the "oh my God, shut up" face. Either way I feel very comfortable with him already, and feel confident that in due time, and with his help, my husband and I will finally become parents. ...oh and I forgot to mention how surprised I was at how short my wait time was, for one to get an appointment with him, and two how little we waited in the waiting room.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2016

Dr. Rudd was not my primary OB during my pregnancy, but was my delivering doctor. My waters ruptured at about 3am and I headed to the hospital and was there by 4am. I laboured all day long and did not deliver until nearly midnight. He was in the hospital all day on and off and never stopped into my room to so much as introduce himself. My primary OB came in on her day off to see me, as well as my regular doctor... this was a holiday weekend as well so for them to do that was very much appreciated! When it came to delivery, Dr. Rudd was there long enough to catch the baby. What I didn't find out until 6 WEEKS LATER, was that I had a placental abruption caused by him pulling out my placenta by the umbilical cord rather than allowing me to deliver it naturally... resulting in a large amount of blood loss. Again, he nor any of the nurses told me what was going on at anytime during my hospital stay, as far as I was concern it was all normal. I would never EVER see Dr. Rudd by choice, and if I am ever blessed enough to have him as a delivering Dr again, I will make sure that I am very aware of everything he is doing.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2016

I've seen dr Rudd for all 4 of my pregnancies by far one of the best with my third baby I had him in under a hour didn't make it to the hospital as I live 2 hours away he made sure with my fourth baby I didn't have the same experience as soon as I was progressed enough he did a sweep and I was on my way to the hospital 2 hours in labour and I delivered a healthy beautiful baby girl!! Highly recommended him as a obeys

flag | Submitted January 20, 2016

Although Dr. Rudd was very courteous and patient, his insertion of the Mirena birth control device has caused my wife extreme long-term health problems and costly emergency surgery. Pls beware.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2013

I saw Dr Rudd a few weeks ago. I needed an abdominal hysterectomy due to uterine fibroids. He was punctual, friendly, knowledgeable and answered all my questions (and yes I had many!). He has this calming effect on patients and an easy smile. The surgery went as planned, I asked if I could stay one more day at the hospital and he had no objection. I healed very well, no infection. The suture he did look, just a tiny line, well done Doc! I would highly recommend him to all my girlfriends.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2013

awesome doctor would recommend him to everyone having a baby or needing this type of doctor!!

flag | Submitted June 21, 2012

Dr. Rudd has left me, again, with an infected c-section incision site oozing green pus and in pain without prescribing antibiotics. By tomorrow I will have to go to emerge, again. for medical assistance - then I am going home to Ontario before this doctor kills me.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2012

I visited Rudd in 2005 for problems with sudden/severe bloating, pain in right ovary, no mens. period, frequent vaginal infections. After my exam I asked him if it could be the start of peri-menopause, he AND the attending nurse burst out laughing at me, he said,'your too young to have early menopause at 35.' He refused to look into my symptoms any further until I mentioned I thought about having another baby, he performed a Laproscopy just to make sure I was ok to have a baby, but not to address my other health concerns. He found my right ovary was covered in red 'spots', he's NEVER seen anything like this before, but he was certain it's nothing to worry about--I was fluffed off. Four years later, a simple blood test I found out I have a severe hormone imbalance...peri-menopause. I'm on progesterone BHRT and feeling much better. I don't understand why doctors behave like this, women's health issues ARE important, this is the 21 century wake up!

flag | Submitted October 19, 2011