Ratings for Dr. Gail L. Ganser

My appointment with her was made by my regular doctor. After several months of medical appointments for a serious medical situation, she was the only doctor who kept us waiting - 45 minutes, and another 20 minutes once we were in the examining room. Even though my medical records, sent by my doctor, were on the table in the examining room, she obviously had never looked at them and had no idea why my doctor had sent me to see her. When we explained my situation, she said that I "should get used to the problem" and be thankful things weren't worse. I asked for a referral to another doctor, and she got huffy and said she would arrange for me to see a doctor at Duke Univ. who was the only one she knew of who could help me even though she didn't think help was possible. Later, someone on the office staff suggested I see a doctor at UVa who could see me several months sooner than the Duke doctor. The UVa doctor said the surgery I needed was simple and they had been doing it since the 70’s with great success. He had obviously read the records that Dr. Ganser had sent to him because, without any mention from me or my wife, he said that the one option that was not ever going to be on the table was to “get used to it.” (She clearly had written that in her notes.) The surgery, performed several weeks later in the UVa out-patient center took about 15 minutes and I was home and fine by noon the same day. Everything is 100% now. Since Dr. Ganser is a part of Piedmont Eye Center, where my regular doctor, I have made it clear to them that I will not, under any circumstances, see Dr. Ganser. Interestingly, they weren’t at all surprised when I told them.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2016

Dr Ganser saw me the day requested as an emergency. I was visiting from another city. She helped mewith my problem.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2014

I work with adults that have intellectual disabilities (MR). I have taken a few of the people to see Dr Ganser and I agree with the other posts that mentioned she seemed rushed and annoyed by questions. I thought maybe she just had limited patience with the individuals I served, which is still pretty unacceptable. However the offices are clean/visually pleasing and the staff were ALWAYS patient, friendly, and accommodating.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2013

I spent 3 hours in her office and had only about 4 minutes actually with her. The staff is great but she seamed to be rushed. she appeared to be annoyed by any questions. This was my second time going to her and it was the same the first time.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2009

I waited nearly 2 hours for her once and well over an hour for her the second time. No apologies. She was in and out in under 5 minutes and seemed annoyed at my questions. I cancelled subsequent appointments

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

I have been very pleased with Dr. Ganser's willingness to go out of her way to make herself available. When I first went to see her in 2006 she made sure I had a number where I could reach her because it was the weekend. Last Sunday when I had to call the office about a painful eye she called me back to see if I could come in to her office so she could look at my eye and would not have to wait until Monday to be seen.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2009

Dr. Gail L. Ganser's Credentials

• Vanderbilt University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1992)

Oxford