Ratings for Dr. Pierre Trahan

Excellent Dr...caring, punctual, compassionate and spends time listening to you. Doesn't rush you at all. Always seems to be right about things. Going to him for 35 years now and wouldn't have anyone else. Secretaries are great and never have to wait long to get an appointment.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2019

I have been going to doctor Trahan for 29 years. He has always had the right diagnose for me. He is a great listener, caring and compassionate man. I moved away from Russell 14 years ago, got married and he took on my husband as a patient without any questions. My husband is petrified of doctors but don't mind going to see him if needed. As for his staff I know he picked the next best nurses for his practice and they really are trying but Julie is a tough person to follow she had the experience. We all miss her. Keep up the great work doc you are super.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2014

I was a patient of Dr Trahan's for 10 years and he is an excellent doctor. He would listen, given advice and take all comments and issues seriously. He was up to date on things and would do research as needed. However, on the office staff side, I have less positive things to say - ever since Julie left (Julie was fantastic) his office staff have been very unhelpful and quite rude. In my personal experience, a referral was not sent in to a specialist - and this decision to not send in the referral, which I was told would be sent in, was not communicated to me, causing a delay in medical care of my child by several months.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2014

Dr Trahan and his nurse Julie are superb. I have been seeing Dr. Trahan for approximately 20 years. He listens and gets his diagnoses right, because he evidently has a sharp mind and the ability to quickly analyze what must be at times poorly developed or described symptoms. Moreover, he does not just dispense pills, he will guide you gently to the life-style changes that you may need to make. He will even recommend books to read so as to help make the changes. One could not ask for a better physician and nurse than these two dedicated people.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2012

I love Dr Trahan, he's been my doctor since I was born (22 years ago). Julie is possibly one of the nicest and kindest people I've ever met!

flag | Submitted August 10, 2012

My whole family of 4(including adult children)have been patients for over 20 years. We moved back to Carp from Toronto and are going back to Russell to see him and will continue to do so as long as Dr. Trahan is practicing medicine as he's always gone over and above for all of us. And then let's not forget Julie, the best nurse, assistant, sidekick whatever hat fits! This may all sound too good to be true, but honestly if everyone was half as devoted as these people are to their patients we would all be better off. The wait time as mentionned by others is never more than 15 minutes and arrangements are always made if Dr. Trahan is on vacation, etc. His network of qualified specialists to refer us to is also excellent. We have nothing but praise and thanks for the quality of service and compassion. We've had incidents such as when we were in Toronto and my son was needing emergency care then surgery and I felt reassured that he was in Dr. Trahan's care. Best GP and staff around!

flag | Submitted February 10, 2012

No matter how packed the waiting room, Dr. Trahan always takes the time to listen and never makes you feel like he's trying to rush you out the door. Even with this, the wait is never more than 5 or 10 minutes after your scheduled appointment. He's the best!

flag | Submitted November 28, 2011

I have been a patient for about 25 years. Nurse Julie is wonderful, always helpful and caring, and the best blood-taker I've ever had. I have never waited more than 10 mins to see the doctor, and he has always taken his time to explain diagnosis, refer me when required, and even made a house call once on the weekend when a family member became extremely ill. He knows my condition, and has seen me after his last regular patient to help me, when he should have been going home. He is knowlegable and up-to-date. Thank you so much!!!

flag | Submitted May 5, 2011

Dr Trahan has been treating me for a number of years. I find him to be caring and knowlegable. Julie is also great. They have always been there when I need them. Dr Trahan takes the time to explain whats wrong and what treatments are available. When I leave his office I feel that WE have made the best treatment choice.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2011

I have been seeing Dr. Trahan for years, and would not even consider changing doctor. I now live in Ottawa and will drive to Russell to see him. He is an awesome doctor and a great person. He really cares, and this makes him very special. Julie is also amazing. She makes everyone feel like they are the most important people. Her enthusiasm and caring nature is to be admired. When I see Dr. Trahan I always look forward to seeing Julie also.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2010