Ratings for Dr. Heath L. Lemley

Dr. Lemley and the staff at Regional Eye Associates are WONDERFUL! I've had cataract surgery on both eyes and have had the best results. Dr. Lemley is professional, approachable, knowledgeable, and encouraging. He calls his patients after surgery, himself, to check and make certain all is well...NOT something you expect with doctors today. His success is my gain, and I am happy to report that after 47 years of either glasses or contacts I CAN SEE!!!!

flag | Submitted January 28, 2019

My results were even better than expected. Dr. Lemley is a caring doctor. Who takes the time to call their patients at home to check how they are doing after surgery? The answer is Dr. Lemley. I would like to say that I am completely satisfied at the professionalism of everyone that I came in contact with at the practice.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2019

It has been a pleasure to work with Regional Eye. I had LASIK surgery done by Dr Lemley and was extremely impressed with the entire experience. Everyone I dealt with was very professional, they brought me in multiple times to be sure I was a good candidate before surgery, they double and triple checked everything, explained the entire process very well, and kept in touch through everything. I had 20/40 vision before my surgery and now have 20/15 vision (better than perfect), just one week after.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2019

Dr. Lemley and his staff are exceptional. I cam to them as high risk for cataract surgery and having to wear four pairs of glasses. I now have 20/30 distance vision and need only reading glasses. My fears were alleviated by the timely response to my many questions, trust in the diagnostic and measurement processes, and pre- and post surgical explanations and care.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2017

Several years ago I was diagnosed with Fouk's Dystrophy. It is a disease of one of the corneal layers and is passed from mothers to daughters. I am fortunate to live in this time of modern medicine and continual advancing technology. I am VERY fortunate that someone such as Dr. Heath Lemley cares enough about his profession to become skilled in microsurgery of the eye. Dr. Lemley performed surgery on both my eyes this year and the results have been astounding. My vision has been restored to 20/25. I can see again. I knew I was having vision issues, but when things decline gradually, you just aren't totally aware of how compromised your sight becomes. I can now drive safely, do not need glasses. I can see my computer screen at work and I can now do something easily which had stopped....I can read. I can pick up a magazine and thumb through it, stopping to read an article if I wish. I had not been able to do these simple things easily for several years as there was no lens or eye glass prescription that could correct my vision issues. Dr. Lemley and his staff were very patient with questions, explanations of procedures before, during and with follow up appointments. The surgical staff that supported him for each procedure was incredible. They each treated me and my waiting, anxious husband, like family. Each person that was in the operating room came to me before entering the OR, introduced themselves and explained what their role would be during the procedure. Morgantown is truly blessed to have Dr. Lemley.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2016

Dr Lemley is amazing Dr he called me at home to ck on me was very good at explaining every thing he was doing in surgery my vision was 20\60 when he started and now its 20/20 couldnt be happier with the surgery and the staff was excellent to if you need cataract surgery call Dr Lemley

flag | Submitted April 10, 2016

Dr Lemley skill is amazing. Had Lasik done with him previously and needed an enhancement. Surgery was a smooth as could be and amazingly fast. April O'Brien was my COA and she could not have been more helpful and understanding of my situation. I would recommend Dr. Lemley, and have recommended, to work associates and family members concerning Lasik surgery. My vision is 20/10 in my left eye and 20/15 in the other. I am at the human threshold of human sight. Cannot be more satisfied with the outcome.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2015

Dr. Lemley was excellent with explaining every thing to me and my wife concerning cataract surgery. His surgical staff was excellent with pre and post op procedures. Dr. Lemley took the time himself to call me at home to make sure I was ok.

Submitted June 28, 2014

Dr. Lemley is a skilled surgeon with wonderful bedside manner. I was well prepared by Dr. Lemley and his staff for my LASIK surgery. The surgery itself was not intimidating, and Dr. Lemley calmly explained each step of the procedure, keeping my mind at ease. Dr. Lemley himself called me later that evening to check on how I was recovering at home. The next morning at my postop visit, my vision was already corrected to 20/15. I have had no complications from surgery, and am so very happy that I chose Dr. Lemley for this procedure.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2014

Dr. Lemley was arrogant concerning his knowledge and rather pushy with testing a referrals after an acute condition turned out to be nothing. He has little regard for the people that make his work possible. He referred to x-ray techs as "like cashiers in a grocery store." I waited over an hour to see him and he seemed annoyed when he entered the room. Take your hard earned money elsewhere. REA are hounds to suck every last penny from you with frugal testing and referrals. He has an authoritarian style of treatment that made me uncomfortable and perceived that he also regards patients like me as unintelligent.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2014

Dr. Heath L. Lemley's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Lemley attended West Virginia University for his undergraduate education. In 1990, he graduated summa cum laude with a Bachelor of Arts degree in chemistry. He also is a graduate of West Virginia University School of Medicine. During medical school, Dr. Lemley was a member of the Alpha Omega Alpha medical honor society. After medical school, he performed an internship in internal medicine at the Ruby Memorial Hospital. He completed his residency in ophthalmology at West Virginia Eye Institute and served as chief resident from 1997-1998. Dr. Lemley completed a fellowship in Cornea, External Disease and Refractive Surgery at the University of Oklahoma, Dean McGee Eye Institute, in 1999. He served as the Director of Cornea and Refractive Surgery at Great Lakes Eye Care until joining Regional Eye Associates in August 2001. He is a board certified ophthalmologist. Currently Dr. Lemley is a member of the American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO), American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons (ASCRS), American Medical Association (AMA), Christian Ophthalmology Society, Phi Beta Kappa, and WV Academy of Ophthalmology. Dr. Lemley provides comprehensive eye care, specializes in corneal transplant surgery, laser vision correction, cataract and refractive surgeries.

• Wv Univ Sch Of Med, Morgantown Wv 26506 (Grad. 1994)

• LASIK eye surgery